Author Topic: North beach  (Read 42235 times)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
North beach
« on: May 03, 2014, 12:20:52 PM »
Had a walk on the beach this morning after my swim. Had a little paddle and the sea is warmer than the pool...

The good news is that there looks to be a lot of sand on the north beach, as there is on the first part as you walk down there. However, there are the usual two places where there would be a lot of deep wading to do to get right along to the north end at the moment.
We have a bit more rain to come I suspect before the weather settles, but I am sure within a few weeks we should be able to get there as usual.
Sandy x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: North beach
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 12:21:41 PM »
Will try to get to south beach tomorrow.....
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 01:37:15 PM »
Thanks Sandy. Looking forward to a few mornings heading North in July. Haven't been that far for 2 years!

Phil

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Mavis
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 07:01:30 PM »
Hi Sandy
Thanks for the information on North Beach.  I really appreciate it.  About this time every year I start 'fretting' about the width of the beach, the depth of the deeper sections (as I am not very tall, this is also important to me!!!).  I might say that Robin will be equally happy to have a good 'Beach Report' if it stops me 'going on' about it every time I see the forum!!!
And although we are not arriving until 16 June, it's good to hear we're doing OK as far as the beach is concerned, fingers crossed.  So I can now turn my mind to everything else I regularly worry about when we're preparing to travel!!!

Thanks again Sandy
Regards Mavis and Robin xx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 11:46:31 AM »
Spent yesterday on North Beach....the best it has been for several years in my view. Very wide and you can get right to the end. At the moment the sea is calm so access is easy....you can walk on sand round the first rock and just a few yeards of easy wading round the second.
Happy days!
Sandy x

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Mavis
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 02:47:36 PM »
Many thanks Sandy,
It sounds perfect, especially for me (with short legs!)  Everything's slotting into place and it's only 3 weeks on Monday and we'll be there
....Great!
Mavis and Robin  x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 12:43:53 AM »
This post has made many beach lovers very happy. The main beach is looking vastly improved also for this time of year. What a treat for all you newbies!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 09:05:13 AM »
The main beach is huge at the moment....looking more so because there are not many people on it! Most of the big rocks that were put there last year have gone/disappeared/been moved.....
Sandy x

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 09:19:20 AM »
Brilliant reports Sandy, thank you xx. I am a beach lover and simply cannot wait to see my favourite one in August xxx

Yiammas
Angela

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 10:36:50 AM »
Thats interesting Sandy! I thought those rocks had been there to help the beach and presumed they had made the difference this year! Seems it was mother nature!

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 10:44:14 AM »
Was on the beach at 7am and I can confirm it IS big so all you beach lovers are in for a treat this year!
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline DronnyDave

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 11:46:06 PM »
Hi everyone,

Have just returned following 10 brilliant days on the North Beach. Pleased to report that the beach was getting wider every day that we were there and by all reports it is now as good as at any time in the last few years. Sea still a bit cool for my liking though.

Also a quick thank you to Karen & Dave for their excellent company and and the introduction into the wonderful world of building stone towers. Hope to see you both next year.

Regards
Dave & Sandra

Offline intentioncraft

• hooked on acropolis
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 01:53:25 PM »
Hi Dave ,

Glad you enjoyed your stay and many happy returns,you mention in your post Karen & Dave the celebrated beach construction duo,do know how long they are in Arrilas,they usually stay at the Kaloudis.

Kind Regards
Bob.

Offline DronnyDave

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 10:07:21 PM »
hi Bob,

This is their second week, think they are due to go home on Friday.

And yes they are staying at the Kaloudis.

On their recommendation we went for lunch at Effies (?), which we thoroughly enjoyed and promptly went again the following couple of lunchtimes. They do a very nice spinach pie.

Regards
Dave

Offline intentioncraft

• hooked on acropolis
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 10:52:28 PM »
Dave, Thanks for the heads up,enjoyed there company last year,sadly will miss them ,not due to arrive till next week..spinach pie sounds good ,will certainly try.

Cheers
Bob.

Booking.com