Author Topic: Boat Trips  (Read 6348 times)

Offline CJ

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Boat Trips
« on: May 14, 2014, 04:29:59 PM »
Anyone know if Olga's, or indeed the other travel agent in Arillas (forgot the name again), sell any half-day boat trips?

Ta

Offline Sparky

Re: Boat Trips
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 06:33:31 PM »
Hi ceejay
Olga does day trips to the islands of mathraki, ericousa and othoni.  You get the ferry boat from san stefanos and she takes you over there and brings you back. We went to mathraki and there is not a lot there.  Lovely beach with the only open shop we could find which is also the taverna.  Good walk up the hill and around the village.  Church is very nice.  Others on forum have done ericousa or othoni.  Ferry drops you there around midday and picks you up about 1700.  They do tell you what time to be back.  Only minor panic was when a plastic bag got sucked into the engine cooler and the cabin filled with steam - thought it was smoke to begin with.  All added to the adventure !

Offline claire43

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 09:50:34 PM »
Last year we went to Ericosa island with Arillas travel.I think it was about 8 or 10 euro each.

We booked for one day to go to Mathraki and we were taken by taxi to San Stef but the boat was full when we got there with a few people but mainly vegetables and fruit! The captain said "come back tomorrow I take you then" so we were taken back to Arillas and next day taken again- all for 8 euro! (Mind you next day taken to different island from the one we booked!)

The island was ok ,beach good but we went to the hotel on the beach for a drink and asked for 3 cokes ,a small bottle was opened and shared between 3 glasses with lots of ice! Charged 2 euro each !
     Nice to see somewhere else but glad to be back later that day to Arillas.

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 02:29:40 AM »
Hi Ceejay,

You will find lots of boat trips via the links below, though i am unsure how many of them are half-day because by the time you are collected by your transfer, picked up others and then taken to the specific harbor and then arriving at your destination, i imagine it would be close to lunch time by the time you arrive (or later in the day if it's a pm trip).
There's also the option of hiring a boat yourself for half a day then you're free to go wherever you like :-)

http://www.arillastravel.gr/ (Arillas)

http://arkokal.gr/excursions.html (Arillas)

http://www.nsk-travel.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=40&Itemid=115 - Although NSK Travel is based in Roda, you can still book these trips with them via email or phone. You just pay on the day when you are collected by your transfer. I have booked trips a with a few different places as they all offer slightly different trips. I had emailed Olga a quite a few times to book with her but it seems she is a pretty hard person to get hold of

http://www.san-stefano.gr/trips_boat.php
I booked last years excursions with San Stef Travel. I walked over to San Stef to pay and collect the tickets but you can also wait and pay on the day of the trip. I highly recommend them, both their customer service and their day trips were fantastic.

Hope this is useful

Rachel x

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 03:17:58 AM »
I have sworn that I will die after I have placed my foot on the last Diapontian Island. But it was a cop out. I watch Gravia daily when I am in Arillas, but will never set foot on it. (Those who want me dead and for it to be the perfect murder, there is a clue there....) But Poirot is on the case.

The islands are less commercial than Arillas, more rural, and for me, even lovlier. I have never been, but have heard all sorts from Spiros at Marvel, who has worked there the last few years. And the funeral, when even Yiota got on the boat. If there is a trip worth paying for, this is it.

Phil

Offline CJ

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 03:18:44 PM »
Thanks guys for all the useful feedback

Reckon it'll be a day trip to Ericousa from Olga's to start with.  After that, we'll see where the mood takes us, but of course, a day out means a day less to laze on the beach at Arillas (sigh..)

Rachel B - think you're right about the half-day boat trip - it's a bit of a non-starter

JustPhil - If you swear not to die until you have set foot on the last Diapontian island, and you don't actually go, this should confer immortality on you, n'est pas?  Sounds like a plan - count me in.

Booking.com