Author Topic: No webcam  (Read 75508 times)

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: No webcam
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2014, 10:44:48 AM »

Soak it up Sandy......tomorrows picture is no comparison. Unless of course the web cam is fixed.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2014, 05:30:15 PM »
The webcam is not fixed yet...
but we have created a replacement untill we will find a solution  for the Arillas webcam.

AKIS ( from mathraki Apts) and Spiros (from Thalassa restaurant) offered to work and host the replacement camera just outside Thalassa  ..  a big thanks to them!!!!

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Steve & Carole

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2014, 06:52:30 PM »
Looking as beautiful as ever. Roll on next June!

Offline indigo648

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2014, 07:21:07 PM »
Thanks Akis and Spiros have a good winter

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2014, 07:55:19 PM »
Many thanks to Akis and Spiros!

Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2014, 09:49:59 PM »

Many thanks to Spiros and my lovely boy Akis, and thank you both for showing us a beautiful sunset tonight.

We all know that everyone will be working hard to get the webcam up and running as soon as it is possible.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2014, 10:51:42 PM »
Its very difficult to manage and install a webcam and also very expensive.

An ideal camera would be an  Axis 213 network camera PTZ ( I think that's what Dimitris said and he doesn't know that I was going to do this post)

https://www.casetac.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=257364&currency=GBP&language=en

As you can see it is very expensive.

After having the pleasure of seeing the webcam pictures, nearly everyday for over seven  years and at no cost, I feel that a donation would be money well spent for many more years of pleasure.

This is just "thinking out loud", at the moment, but how would other members feel about donations towards a new camera. Or is there a rich person who would like to sponsor one. These ideas are entirely my own but I would love to think that I had contributed towards a new camera.

Also, someone on the forum may have "connections" with an audio/visual company who could do a good deal on a camera.

I think something like  €50.00 would be a good contribution for something that gives such pleasure. Thats less than 12 pence a day.

What do you think?

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2014, 12:39:07 AM »
Well after many a day gazing at the webcam pic I would be more than happy to contrubute. Many forget that Dimitris runs this website in his own time at probably considerable cost.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2014, 09:56:12 AM »
I never certainly never realised the price of these cameras.

Tis an "eye opener" indeed.

Negg

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2014, 05:07:22 PM »
I must admit I thought it was owned and run by the Horizon Hotel as a lot of hotels have webcams on to promote their business.
I also have to admit to having a love/hate relationship with the webcam as it is a bit like now having everything at our fingertips in that it can take the excitement out of things and it becomes no longer as special. Don't get me wrong I never tire of looking at the beautiful sunsets. Its like before DVDs n netflickd we used to have to wait til Christmas every year to see our favourite films like the wizard of oz every Christmas eve - somehow being able to watch it anytime takes the speciality away from it. Having said that I still can't help but look - at the webcam that is.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2014, 06:02:34 PM »
Good food for thought , Sonia.

Do y'all know that the price of that webcam, in euros, relates to the price I paid for dear 'ole Punto.

Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2014, 06:59:43 PM »
Do y'all know that the price of that webcam, in euros, relates to the price I paid for dear 'ole Punto.

You were robbed Neil, you were robbed.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2014, 12:14:21 PM »
Still thinking about these Webcam prices and possibly more food for thought or maybe not.

So I am told , the average profit on a beer, for a Taverna/Bar owner is between 40-65 cents, dependant on their prices to attract customers.

Assuming 5 local Taverna/Bar owners shared the cost of a new webcam they would each  "donate" their profit from approx  810 beers sold during the Summer.

So, a big well done, Dimitris and all local bars , shops etc etc who take part to keep all informed via this service plus look after all guests in many many more ways.

Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2014, 03:41:56 PM »
Well it seems to be back in all its wonderful glory! Liking the new view as well!

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2014, 03:49:40 PM »
I have NEVER looked at it , not once !!!!  Yes , I know , WOTSALLTHATABOUT ?
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com