Author Topic: Dreary  (Read 3059 times)

Offline CJ

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Dreary
« on: May 23, 2014, 11:44:03 AM »
It's Friday morning, I'm looking out of the office window, it's chucking it down with rain and the temperature has dropped by about 10 degrees since last weekend.  Chances of starting a tan before we head over to Arillas on the 2nd are receding rapidly.

Wallpapering a bedroom tomorrow.  Ah well, life goes on...

Offline Chris G

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Dreary
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 10:50:44 PM »
SNAP, we had 17 deg's at 6 pm on Wednesday night now its only 8 deg's windy and mizzel such is the good old British weather. Roll on June the 10th.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 11:39:15 PM »
Chris G

Being some one who likes to "bait" people some times, but in a nice way, all I can say is:-

Greetings from Arillas , at 11:36 pm where the temp sits nicely on 19 deg.

This time of the evening, in June, you can have 23 deg. WOTMORECANISAY?
(hang on in there buddy!)

Negg

Offline Anne

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Retired and loving it!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 11:48:58 PM »
21.1 deg C at 9pm tonight! It has been a glorious day with wall to wall sunshine. We spent a pleasant afternoon at 'Seamonkeys' in Sidari. We went on Eggy's recommendation and were not disappointed. :-)
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 12:24:58 AM »
Dreary here too.....

Anne meluvver, Sidari is much maligned and I was as guilty as most about that. I still find it difficult in peak season, but the rest of the year it is a very interesting and enjoyable place to be. It was Eggy who educated me as well. He's not usually wrong.....

Phil

Offline mikul101

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 12:48:24 AM »
I could not get booked in at Arillas this year, so we are having to stay in Sidari outskirts this year near the bigger supermarkets. Where about in Sidari is Seamonkey?

we will be hiring a car and spending some time in Arillas though, which gives us a dilemma. if we only spend a couple of days in Arillas, where do we spend our precious time? it is bad enough when we have 2 weeks there!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 02:51:33 AM »
mikul101, if I had to condense it into two days I would pick two days with a big Coconut night in the middle (maybe the Tina Turner tribute) then I would be in Arillas early (ie midday.)

I would wander along the beach for an hour or two, and maybe even swim in the sea. I would then have mezes and a plate of garlic prawns in Graziella watching to see if Gravia moved. I would then probably go back on the beach for a couple of hours. Then I would sit in Thalassa with Mythos until the sun set, and have a glorious meal cooked by Katerina and served by Spiros.

At about 10pm I would head to the Nut for the party and let my hair down. Memory would fail then, but I would arrive back at my base, only to get up feeling far from hungover, just ready for another day.

On the second day I would wander around Arillas renewing meetings with anyone and everyone, whoever wanted to say kalimera. Very late lunch wherever I ended up. But all of it knowing that I had missed three quarters or more of it. Then I would feel the desperation, wishing I had booked earlier. And quite sure I would bever make the same mistake again.

Phil

Offline hippopotandmouse

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 11:29:48 PM »
Seamonkeys can be found at the Canal D'amour end of Sidari beach. If you walk the beach behind the main strip, just as it curves around you will find seamonkeys...1 storey, creamy/yellow colour buiding, with sunbeds outside, 2 very friendly owners, Fiona and Andy, and a cute little doggy called Toffee!

Booking.com