Author Topic: New to forum can you help with accomodation  (Read 45924 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: New to forum can you help with accomodation
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 01:09:12 PM »
Early April will see most of Arillas closed, and the weather can be "changeable." We love it like that, since we always spend 2-3 weeks in July with the heat, hustle and bustle, and use it as a time to catch up with friends, and truly recharge our batteries. It wouldn't suit everyone. That said, this year we did loads, and the weather was glorious. (Thank you to all who spent time with us.)

Peak season flights at £600-700 each (or even half that) would see us staying in the UK. As many have said, we gamble by booking and paying for flights as they are released (usually about September/October) and this year paid £165 each.return. You won't end up in a tent on the beach, and will find somewhere to stay, but in July/August the most popular fill up early.

Best wishes
Phil

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 02:00:28 PM »
Hi Lil!

We have been to Arillas twice and I'm also quite new to the forum. On both occasions we travelled with Thomson's as at the time of booking it was the cheapest deal. We stayed at the Kaloudis Village and couldn't fault it! I am also restricted to school holidays although in Leicester we usually break up a week or even two earlier than many places which obviously reflects in the price. Since joining the forum I have picked up so many helpful tips on where to stay,flights. taxis and lots of other useful tips that I will continue to try booking independently.
With regret we have booked to go to Alykes this year in Zante (not that we're not looking forward to it) but so wish we were returning to Arillas. However we are fully booked to return in August in 2015! (a little late for us but my husband had last choice on dates at his place of work for next year) but we still managed to get a very reasonable price at the Kaloudis. especially for August!
As I have previously said the Kaloudis is a fantastic place to stay and although I can't comment on any other accomodation, the forum members don't have anything negative to say about anywhere or anything in Arillas.
I'm sure will love your holiday in Arillas and come to love,respect and appriciate it and the people as much as we all do.

Enjoy!

Suzy x

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 03:28:53 PM »
Hi Biglil

I don't know of any, or have heard of any, accommodation that's not worth staying at in Arillas. From what you've said about aircon and location have you had a look at the Marina? I think it's about 50e a night for two and about half the price of the Horizon in August. It's right on the sea front with the same perfect sea views as the Horizon, if you book well in advance you might be able to get a front room.

I always fly from Leeds or Manchester and the flight times are always good, usually Monday to Monday. Last year I landed about 1pm and this year I fly out at 2.30pm from Manchester with Jet2.

It doesn't seem that long ago that I was a tad nervous too about booking independently but the only thing that we don't get now is the rep meeting and I never went to those anyway.  One year after a holiday with a separate flight and hotel booking our flight was delayed by hours and Thomson put us up in a hotel for the night anyway.

Good luck with whichever decision you make, it's a dead cert you'll both love Arillas.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 04:27:01 PM »

We have stayed in various places in Arillas but love the Mathraki best, they are two bedded studios, a great pool but no children which can be a bonus ;)

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 04:57:51 PM »
Val n Bill
Didn't realise that the Mathraki was for adults only. As I work with children that would be a real bonus for me!
Thanks!

Suzy x

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 05:54:36 PM »
Diane we are going to Mathraki 25th July Also. Taking my daughter and her friend who are 16 and have 2 studios. Stayed there last year for 2weeks and loved it. Where you flying from?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 05:59:18 PM »
They only have children on Barbie night,

The alternative is chicken or a pork chop!!

And... before any of you shoot me for this I have to say..

I love children but I haven't been well lately, am under a lot of stress and have to cope with my sense of humour much more than you do.

Finally... Mathraki is a super place to stay and unwind.
 (You never get splashed or hit on the head with a ball , or a strimmer)
...unless that Val n Bill are in the pool again!!!

Negg

Offline diana

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 12:19:00 AM »
They will be in the pool the second week we are there, so better watch out lol! Can't wait to meet u both, Val an Bill.
Ness we arrived same day as u, coming from Norwich. Think we talked about this earlier in the year. U will be there exactly same two weeks as us, can't wait!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 11:48:21 AM »

Eggy is ace with a strimmer especially as he can now start one.
We have been having demonstrations in the hope that Bill can pick up this highly specialized skill.
If not Eggy will have to come to England to do our garden. ;) ;)

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2014, 02:05:03 AM »
Hi biglil,

I've also been looking for next year :D

Thomson's have a good one at the mo (well i think it is :-)) Mathraki £475 pp for 2 weeks 03/08/15 - This one tempted me a lot but as i haven't even been on this years holidays yet, so i thought i better restrain myself lol

Thomas Cook also have Tria Adelphia at £493 31/07/15 for 2 weeks and Rainbow at £511 (same dates etc)

Icelolly.com also have a few on offer, a little cheaper than above prices as well but I don't think transfers are included on there (not sure if they're optional or not).

I'll keep looking anyway and if i see a good deal, i'll post it here :-)

Rachel x

Offline biglil

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2014, 06:09:46 PM »
Thanks for your help. Tried booking matharki but it took me to final page before saying" holiday unavailable" It must have sold out! I am still looking. Has anyone had any experience of the Malibu apartments? They look really nice but I would imagine they are going to be noisy. Also had a  look at thetis but mixed reviews on t/a 5 euros a day for safety deposit box. Thanks again for all replies

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2014, 07:06:11 PM »
What about The Mirage they are in a good position on the front.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2014, 07:36:26 PM »
Lil, I have misgivings about Mathraki being fully booked already. It has happened before that the Tour Operator said it was unavailable when this was not true. Maybe Val (who is there right now) could enquire and shed some light on it.

Phil

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »
That happened to me last year when tried to book mathraki . One day it was available then the next it wasn't. Contacted Thomson who said it was due to the contract not being finalized and contacted apartments who said the the same.kept checking website and it came back up within couple weeks at a really good price. Them went up by about £800 within days.

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2014, 10:39:22 PM »
If you see a price online, like Thomas Cook for example, if you print the page off they will honor that price in store. They have the means to check if it really is unavailable. They themselves have probably put a hold on it possibly to raise prices.

I have done that with previous holidays. I think they may also price match other stores as well. It's worth a try anyway!

Rachel x

Booking.com