Author Topic: Accomodation in Corfu or Ipsos  (Read 2462 times)

Offline saxa

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Accomodation in Corfu or Ipsos
« on: May 29, 2014, 10:07:39 PM »
Hi
I arrive into Corfu on 21.9.14 at 11.40am on a Sunday . Im staying at the Thomas apartments in Arillas from 22.9 but thought it might be best if I stay in Ipsos ideally or Corfu on the 21.9 and travel on the bus to Arillas on the 22.9 .
Does anyone know of some cheap accommodation in Ipsos or Corfu I can book into for 1 night ?

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
Re: Accomodation in Corfu or Ipsos
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 01:14:17 AM »
Hi Saxa,

The two links below may help you in regards to your accommodation query. The first one is for Ipsos, which appears to be the cheaper option of the two.
The price for accommodation in Corfu Town is a little higher (I am assuming you meant Corfu Town as you just wrote Corfu?) at the moment, aren't that much cheaper than the cost of a taxi to Arillas. So if your intention was to save a few €€€ then Ipsos is probably your best option.

I will be staying over in Corfu Town for a night when i am there in August. A few places have caught my eye but I'm not 100% yet. I'll let you know when I've been :-)

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-us.html?sid=b65c7b7c83f2b386fc44867774bf3165;dcid=1;ac_position=0;ac_suggestion_list_length=5;checkin_monthday=21;checkin_year_month=2014-9;checkout_monthday=22;checkout_year_month=2014-9;class_interval=1;csflt=%7B%7D;dest_id=-818162;dest_type=city;dtdisc=0;hyb_red=0;inac=0;nha_red=0;no_rooms=1;property_room_info=1;redirected_from_city=0;redirected_from_landmark=0;redirected_from_region=0;review_score_group=empty;si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi;ss=Ipsos%2C%20Corf%C3%B9%2C%20Grecia;ss_all=0;ss_raw=ipsos%20corfu;ssb=empty;or_radius=0;order=price_for_two

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-us.html?sid=b65c7b7c83f2b386fc44867774bf3165;dcid=1;ac_position=1;ac_suggestion_list_length=5;checkin_monthday=21;checkin_year_month=2014-9;checkout_monthday=22;checkout_year_month=2014-9;city=-818162;class_interval=1;csflt=%7B%7D;dest_id=-820069;dest_type=city;dtdisc=0;hyb_red=0;inac=0;nha_red=0;no_rooms=1;property_room_info=1;redirected_from_city=0;redirected_from_landmark=0;redirected_from_region=0;review_score_group=empty;si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi;ss=Corfu%20Town%2C%20Ionian%20Islands%2C%20Greece;ss_all=0;ss_raw=Corfu;ssb=empty;ssne_untouched=Ypsos;ssne_untouched=Ypsos;or_radius=0;order=price_for_two

Rachel x

Offline saxa

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 11:18:04 PM »
Thanks Rachel , that's very helpful. There is one in Ipsos for €12 per night I might go for. Is it a reputable organisation as they are asking for my credit card details in advance? Do you know how much a taxi is from Corfu Airport to Ipsos? Would be great if you can send the details of the accommodation you mentioned . Thanks again

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 11:27:46 PM »
Saxa, the most expensive way to take a taxi is to hail one at the airport. If you're in direct contact with the accommodation, ask them to get you one. If not, find one online and agree in advance. Don't pay in advance though! If they don't show, you can still do the airport one.

Phil

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 11:44:15 PM »
Is Booking.com a reputable organisation? - I would definitely say so. I work in a hotel and we use them for the majority of our bookings. I have also used booking.com many times myself. I have booked to stay at The Horizon in October through them.

You do need to submit your debit/credit card details but that is only to secure the booking. You usually have up to a week/few days (depending on the hotels policy) to cancel your booking without any charge. I cancelled my original booking for October to book with Horizon, there's no hidden catches. So long as you make any amendments before the stated times/dates, there is no charge. I think most hotels take payment in person once you arrive and you can pay either in local currency or by debit or credit card.

As for the taxi to Ipsos, it's probably going to work out more expensive than the hotel room price. Going by a fair few reviews on TripAdvisor, (recent reviews as well) it seems that they don't really distinguish between a 'taxi' and a 'transfer'. There seems to be a standard charge of around €30/€35! which is rather expensive for such a short trip. It does say that there are regular buses that only cost around €3!

Rachel x

Booking.com