Author Topic: a few questions regarding arillas  (Read 4037 times)

Offline summertime

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
a few questions regarding arillas
« on: June 03, 2014, 09:07:47 PM »
hi all

i just have a few questions hope someone can answer we are going to arillas on 8th june 2014 its our first time we are so looking forward to it

is the sea warm at this time of year
whats the weather like at the moment
Do you have to pay for sun loungers
are there supermarkets around are things cheap
can anyone recommend some nice resturants to go.

looking forward to your replies

Offline Chris G

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: a few questions regarding arillas
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 10:09:04 PM »
Hi

This will be 4th time in Arillas in June (other times in September) hope the following helps,

The sea is fine although a little cool when getting in for the first time, if your there during a quiet spell of weather it usually warms up quite quickly. We have never not been able to swim in the sea during our stays.

Keep checking the forum for updates on the weather (it has never failed us)

You do have to pay for sun loungers on the beach but the cost is reasonable when compared for elsewhere.

There 2 or 3 small supermarkets around the resort along with a baker further up in the village. There a couple of supermarkets further out of the village but for the larger supermarkets you would have to travel to Sadari.
(can anyone can help further here)?

We can recommend all the restaurants in and around the village we have tried most and have not been disappointed, treat every evening as an adventure and try which ever takes your fancy and jump in and enjoy.

You will receive a lot of advice and recommendations on the forum but remember its your holiday go with the flow and enjoy Arillas

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 01:29:16 AM »
The best advice yet is "go with the flow." Don't rush anything, smile at strangers (they might end up as firm friends) and use the bits of Arillas that appeal. The beach is gorgeous, the sea is shallow and often warm. It depends on weather conditions and time of year. I prefer late October, when apart from being wet, you wouldn't know you were in water.

About food, I so identify with
treat every evening as an adventure and try which ever takes your fancy
That's what we did in 2002/3 and still do in 2014. There are 11 major places to eat along the seafront, let alone if you venture 200m inland where there are many more, some regarded as the best on Corfu. Arillas is small compared to many resorts, but it offers more than many much bigger places do. And a warm, village atmosphere you will not find anywhere else at all.

Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 07:59:14 AM »
You've said it all again Phil and I can only agree with your post , like me never plan go with the flow yiammas

Offline Paul Clark

• Pauls Cancer Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 02:21:32 PM »
We're coming over on 6th July, first visit for 8 years. My son is 16, not a juvenile delinquent (Yet), but he does quite like a beer or cider with dinner in the evenings. Does anyone know what the laws are for drinking in Corfu?

Thanks.
Follow my journey against throat cancer at  http://paulscancer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 02:22:59 PM »
The same as here I beleive but I VERY much doubt they would be as stringent as her !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 03:16:22 PM »
You might want to avoid the cider (a bit pricey) Try the local corfu beers.
Karen
x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 03:45:54 PM »
It says on google 17 for Greece but like previously stated I doubt whether it would be questioned, particularly if with the parents. I know my son was 16 and a few of his friends went to Sidari a few times when in Arillas and had no problens getting served.

Offline Paul Clark

• Pauls Cancer Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 04:25:26 PM »
Thanks guys, as I said, he won't be drinking for England. There's a chance he & his sister, who's 19, may go out a couple of times by themselves to allow mum & dad some quality time together ;)
Follow my journey against throat cancer at  http://paulscancer.blogspot.co.uk/

Booking.com