Author Topic: A few words about the Arillas Community Spirit  (Read 38639 times)

Offline dylan

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: A few words about the Arillas Community Spirit
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 10:19:36 PM »
thanks Dimitris, will certainly do that, always do anyway! see you in Sept, hope you are all well

Offline Alan

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 01:09:42 AM »
Hi Dimitris, as you know we have been coming to Arillas for 30 consecutive years and will be back in August as usual, over the years we have seen many many changes with businesses coming and going but always there is the attraction for us that basically it is STILL unspoilt, ok more buildings and restaraunts but this adds to Arillas and does not detract the beauty of the place. We have been to other countries, but never missed our holiday in the paradise which is Arillas. I can't wait to see the improvements that you mention, but I already know how hard you all work in the winter months having seen it every year. So it will be 31 consecutive years for us this year, and as usual I will pop in for a quick chat with you one afternoon after your siesta, take care my friend.
Alan & Joyce xx

Offline nicmccluskey

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 01:53:11 PM »
Thankyou to Dimitris and all those involved in the upkeep and improvement of Arillas. I will be sure to express my thanks when I return in July ( for the 12th time!!)
I cannot wait to be in my spiritual home and see all my friends again,
much love and thanks,
Nicola x

Offline GECKO

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2014, 02:56:00 PM »
Hey Dimitri!
Excellent and accurate report on the positive changes in Arillas, as we saw the evidence of efforts so far in May/June. A massive well done to you & all others involved!
Xanne & I were expecting to re-visit in Sept., but I have rather foolishly & carelessly managed to break my spine!
Recovery going well & expect to be back early 2015.
Keep up the good work & look forward to seeing you & everyone next year.
Kalo himonas!
Gecko.

Offline Anne

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Retired and loving it!
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2014, 02:35:51 PM »
I wish you a speedy recovery Gecko - what an earth were you doing - hope it wasn't too much Ouzo ;)
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 01:18:43 PM »
I have never found better hospitality and customer service than in Arillas  and it is heart warming that residence take to heart their visitors so warmly year after year. I intend to say thanks as mentioned 'the traditional way' and, if I'm brave enough, in Greek. I do travel to other places but always get drawn back to Corfu, but especially Arillas.

Offline Karen Arillas

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2016, 10:39:30 AM »
It is the most cherished place and I am so honored to meet all the locals each year that make my holiday so wonderful......Thank you

Offline Diane and Terry

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 05:16:18 PM »
We return on the afternoon of June 23rd and I know I will have a lump in my throat from the sheer joy of being part of the  Arillas spirit for the next 3 weeks.

Offline john and gaye

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2020, 10:19:18 PM »
Demetrius and family:
Gaye and I are so sad having to cancel our spring holiday to your wonderful Arillas and visiting you at your Taverna. We are always getting told off by your other diners (mostly idiot English) for smoking! But if we keep near the road we can usually get away with it. However as soon as it is safe for us all we will be with you again .Hope you and your family stay safe and don’t take to big a financial hit.
John and Gaye.

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2020, 10:46:51 PM »
Hello dear John and Gaye ,
It will be strange without you on the start of the season,.
Don't worry about the non-smokers  I'm One of them too, with nowadays situation. who knows  for what other things people will be telling each-other off that will keep us amused on your next visit.
Stay safe my "Old" friend... and  thank you for joining the forum! Now  I will be offending you from here.
KEEP SAFE , KIsses to Gaye,

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2020, 10:57:24 AM »
you will need to be careful as dimitris could end up with a big fine.The greek government tightened the law last Novemeber
One day before the Smoking Ban official goes into effect in Greece on November 19, 2019, the Health Ministry published in the Official Gazette the full price list of fine for those violating the Law.

The fines range from 100 to 10,000 euros and will be charged on smokers as well as on businesses as well as managers of public facilities violating the Smoking Ban.

The minimum fine of 50 euros for smokers, valid since 2010, will burn the fingers of those holding cigarettes as it increases to 100 euros. It will be implemented to smokers in private and public enclosed places like public workplaces, public services waiting lounges, hospitals, schools and universities,  all public transport means, port and passengers stations, with the exception of places specially designed for smokers in airports. A fine of 500 euros will be imposed to the managers of the places where the smoking violation takes place.

This fine increases to 200 euros for those smoking in places where minors gather, such as kindergartens, schools, playgrounds etc.

A fine of 1,500 euros will be implemented to any smoking driver or passenger of a car where minors under 12 are present. occupied by minors under 12 years of age. the fine increases to 3,000 euros, if it is a public vehicle. In addition, drivers’ license will be revoked for one month.

Owners of restaurants, bar, cafeterias etc where the law has been violated will be called to pa heavy fines depending on the size of the facility

500 euros when the facility is up to 100 sq.m.

For facilities over 100 sq.m. the fine starts at 2,000 euros and will increase by 2,000 euros for every time the owner is caught to violate the Law. By the fifth time, the fine will be 10,000 euros and the definite revocation of its operation license.

For nightclubs and dining areas larger than 300sq.m. fines for facility managers start at 6,000 euros and increase by 1,000 for each repeat offense.

On Sunday, Health Minister, Vassilis Kikilias, announced the launching of an information campaign within the week as well as the activation of phone line <1142> where people can denounce  their complaints about violations of the smoking ban. Complaints have to be eponymous, though, and not anonymous.

https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2019/11/18/greece-smoking-ban-fines-list/
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2020, 06:42:37 PM »
Harold
Looking forward to the ISO being lifted when I can go anywhere and have a cigarette to celebrate.
Negg

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2020, 08:27:39 AM »
Harold
Looking forward to the ISO being lifted when I can go anywhere and have a cigarette to celebrate.
Negg

Hi Negg

Naughty naughty. No smoking in bars etc allowed.

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2020, 09:40:52 AM »
Geoff , didn't say I was going to light it,
Negg

Booking.com