Author Topic: trouble booking  (Read 18246 times)

Offline spicy

trouble booking
« on: June 09, 2014, 10:15:39 PM »
I have been trying to book a holiday to arilas for the last month Thompson,  Thomas Cook etc have nothing available for around 12 sept for two weeks always travel have never gone independent and husband not keen what other tour operators can we try have been to kaloudis three times and loved it .... help

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
Re: trouble booking
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 10:38:00 PM »
Hi Spicy

I've just done a quick search with Thomas Cook. On the 12th September it shows Makris, Dionyssos and the Akti as available for a fortnight at very reasonable prices. I'm not sure which airport you would use but Manchester and Gatwick are available. Thomson have been sold out for a while, I think they only provide Kaloudis anyway. Hope you find something, we all need our Arillas fix!

Offline Timbo

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Lost count of how many visits now! :)
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 12:01:27 AM »
I was originally looking around that time & the only place I could manage to find was The Akti, via Low Cost Holidays.

I ended up changing to last week in Aug & first week in Sept.

It might be worth checking them out. :-)
I always have a great holiday in Arillas.... I wish I could take it up professionally!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 12:25:17 AM »

The only property with Thomsons in Arillas now are, Mathraki and Kaloudis.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Sinbad

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 09:04:23 AM »
I really would have a go at booking independently, it really is easy. You could go to a travel agent if you want to book your flights. (That's the bit that must be perfect!) they can then print off your tickets for you. Most flight operators will offer you a transfer to resort as an add-on or you can book a taxi through your accommodation or through this site (55 euros each way is the best price). You are then free to book whichever accommodation you like, I'm sure they'll all hv availability that time of year. I'm in arillas now, so if you can't find the website or email for your preferred accommodation I can call in and get it for you if you want. Good luck

Offline Joyce

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 09:48:44 AM »
Booking independently is very simple for Arillas. I have booked  cheap flight with Norwegian airlines from Gatwick on 13th Sept (booking that flight was easy and includes 20kg of hold luggage and 10kg hand luggage). Have booked accommodation at the Arillas Inn (see local links) - that is owned by Leo and Roula at Ammos who are very welcoming - and will arrange a taxi for you if needed. Pay for accommodation when you get there.

Good luck and enjoy your holiday.

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Mavis
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 06:10:29 PM »
I thought it was just us...However, been trying to sort out our September break at Kaloudis, package with Thomson, and they cannot give us the Monday flights at all from Manchester, for a date we wanted, and only Friday flights for further into September than we would prefer.  Kaloudis location is just perfect for us for so many reasons and we'd rather not go independent (again) or to anywhere but Arillas.
 But.....as it happens, we are arriving in Arillas on Monday next, which means we can discuss the situation with Rula, as we understand she has different room allocations for different flights, which would mean a Friday flight room could be not where we are used to!!   So....we shall have to see how things go.   Can't wait to be 'off' for this holiday and hope we are back for the next!! Mavis and Robin x   

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 06:41:53 PM »
thompson have got into the habit of changing flight times towards the end of the season.Look at Easy Jet,and they have a link you can use to book your accommadation as well as the flight.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline spicy

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 10:21:04 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the messages we will get back to arillas one way or another

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 01:08:57 AM »
All depends on where you want to fly from. Us up up north (Newcastle way) are very restricted with flights to Corfu if you are not on a package. Its possible yes, but it adds a hefty price to the total. We have gone indy all over Europe and this year the far east, so well used to doing it ourselves, but all we have is Jet2 and don't they know it. Why easyjet don't open the route up out of Newcastle god only knows. Until then we are stuck with TC and T, unless we want to seriously reduce our spends in Arillas.

Offline Meg

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 02:45:50 PM »
why can't you book 2 or 3 bed apartment for 10 days? my daughter and family are trying kaloudis for june 6th 2015 to travel with us we have already booked and would like to holiday with them. have returned 20/6 from our 13th holiday so are not new comers to arillas but are puzzled by this they can book 2 studios but as kids will be 6 + 3 not keen. A help appreciated.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 04:24:07 PM »

It could just be that there are no bigger apartments available for those dates, the family rooms get booked up very quickly because there are so few of them.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 05:09:58 PM »
There are quite a few two-bedded apts dotted about but like Val says, may have been booked up.  Ones I have used have been Kaloudis - bear in mind they also have private apts so may be worth an email, Marina apts, Bakery, Irene Villas.  Brouklis also has a two bedded apt above the taverna.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 06:23:11 PM »
Spicy

Give me dates and I will ask around for you.

Specify "Pool" , and preference "5 mins to Beach" - Basic or up market etc and I will what I can do.
(It would mean independent though but to n fro the airport never seems a problem for "Indys"

Negg

Booking.com