Author Topic: Bargain Mozzie Spray!  (Read 15595 times)

Offline Sinbad

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Bargain Mozzie Spray!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2014, 12:38:29 PM »
Thanks Val, I will remember that. Hubby has never been bitten before so he wasn't taking care when he first came - he is now!!!

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 02:43:57 PM »

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 03:48:27 PM »
Hi Everyone :)

Just to let you know that the offer is still on in Home Bargains as I got some in the Peterhead branch yesterday.  For those who found it had sold out it might be worth trying again :)

Yammas
Angela

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 04:39:37 PM »
cheers Angela but have bought the boots one now plus the Ultrathon I already have so fine for this year now.
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 08:47:05 PM »
Remember in 2007 we bought some non deet citrus based mosi spray by mistake :-( 1st day 70 bites between us then read the bottle label, next stop supermarket and bought a few bottles of Deet based spray :-) hey presto not another bite all the holiday and luckily the bites we got pre deet didn't flair up and were gone after a few days :-0

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2014, 04:05:43 PM »
I have been watching this thread  with interest for a few weeks now and now that I have finally joined I can comment!

I have a terrible time normally with mosquito bites - those pesky insects seem to love me. However, a couple of years ago we were going to Sorrento for our silver wedding anniversary and  someone recommended to me that I use Boots After sun with insect repellent in it. I have never looked back!! It really works and also does not smell horrible like the sprays. I used a spray one year and ended up with no acrillic left on my nails - you know what that is like ladies. Anyway if you haven't tried it  I would highly recommend the Boots after sun. Be careful though as I have picked up the one without the insect repellent in it before as they both look very similar. Let me know if it works for you!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2014, 08:30:48 PM »
Think will give that a try Sonia as like you say, the Jungle formula is quite corrosive on things like trainers etc

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 11:12:07 AM »
I know exactly what you mean re the nails sadly.. takes polish off as well as melting the acrylic and Shellac. Think it is the deet... but I now wear those little disposable gloves to put it on which helps.....
But a good tip - used to use the Soltan after sun years ago so may give it a try again
thanks for the tip!
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2017, 04:17:33 PM »
Has anyone tried the Jungle Formula roll on rather than spray? We are off to Thailand soon and I always get bitten really easily in Corfu and I am extra concerned about getting bitten in Thailand because of the risk of  getting Dengue Fever. I find that if the spray gets on your nails that it strips your get/polish off. Thought maybe the roll on  might be better as you can control where you put it better?

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 05:11:16 PM »
Yes I prefer the roll on for that reason we have ruined trainers and shoes over the years with the sprays

Offline Bezzer

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 01:20:50 AM »
Hi All
Try eye bracelets you can get them from Amazon . We are regular visitors to Asia and they are great . I used them last year in Arillas and got one bite towards end of a 2 week holiday ..I usually take 2 or 3  after many years spent in Asia and getting bit to pieces these are a godsend

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2017, 04:00:36 PM »
Thanks Bezzer. I have found these:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mosquito-Repellent-Band-Large-202mm/dp/B007KHHJSC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490104732&sr=8-1&keywords=theye+eye+bracelets

Is this what you mean? How long do they last for? I have one at home similar to this but not the same make but although I bought it never used it as people didn't seem to think it would work. Will definitely try now but the make you recommend.

Thanks Jo for your reply about the roll on. Will probably use both. You can never have too much protection. Lol.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2017, 07:51:55 PM »

Sonia you can buy the wristbands in Home and Bargain as well as extra strength Jungle
Formula.

I used them a couple of years ago for the first time and found they worked but I did get bitten on my legs 😠 that was because I just couldn't be seen with ankle bands in yellow plastic.....not a good look I can assure you 😉

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Bezzer

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2017, 01:21:46 AM »
Hi Sonia
Yes that's the correct make . I also use E45 lotion as a standard moisturiser which seems to work for me ...As I say after many years getting bit in Asia I would not be without them  .Hopefully they work for you .

Offline Bezzer

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2017, 01:25:55 AM »
Sonia
Meant to say they last around one week if you are really prone to getting bit . I also recommend taking it off when showering helps them last a bit longer.

Booking.com