Author Topic: TRAVEL MONEY  (Read 27942 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: TRAVEL MONEY
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 02:13:43 PM »
Hi. We use Lloyds where we have the current account, and order online or by phone, to collect from our branch. Hope that helps

And sorry, I had forgotten the problem at one accommodation a few years ago, but this was not done by a Greek person. As you say June, one bad apple....

Phil

Offline Ron and Sue

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2014, 07:21:39 PM »
Not wishing to sound pessimistic but I suggest that wherever you use safety deposit boxes you check how much their insurance covers you for.Some premises have a very low limit on their insurance and there have been reports of some people(not to my knowledge in Arillas)of not renewing their insurance due to financial restraints.             With the costs of holidays inevitably increasing I would imagine that most people are taking more cash than they were a few years ago.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2014, 07:34:24 PM »
We do the same as everyone else. Take euro's and keep it in the saftey deposit box. The post Office is a very good idea and as I work for the post office would recommend it if going anywhere other than Arillas.Counting down now x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2014, 07:41:55 PM »
As you say June, one bad apple....

Phil

I had a girlfriend like that Phil. - Rotten to the Corps but very good to the Artillery.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a UK Bank account, that gives you free Travellers Cheques then that could be the way to go.
Plastics are a good idea but , in the event of local machines out of order etc, you may be stuck and may have to travel around a tad to find a working one. An exchange of e1.23 here is very good even with that  2% commission, that is providing you get your TC's commission free.

Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2014, 10:19:22 AM »
Was showing 1.226 on our high street this week. As for the Post Office, we always find that they can never match the best rates where we live.

Offline Paul Clark

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • Pauls Cancer Blog
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2014, 07:02:11 PM »
Got at 1.228 from Thomsons this morning, Thomas Cook & M&S were both at 1.222.
Follow my journey against throat cancer at  http://paulscancer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 08:19:10 PM »
Tis all swings n roundabouts.

e1.235 in Sidari today , less the standard 2% commission.

Negg

Booking.com