Author Topic: FIRST VISIT TO ARILLAS  (Read 20787 times)

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Re: FIRST VISIT TO ARILLAS
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 01:48:08 AM »
Just spotted that I spelt sophistication incorrectly (please don't lose faith in teachers, it's just the red wine!)
We need more school holidays! Preferably in Arillas!

Suzy x

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2014, 02:06:15 AM »
Thank you for the plaudits Suzy, but those who know me well, know that I am quite a simple man. I love life, I love Jen and I love Arillas. The rest just flows. I guess they all get bored with it, but I will be banging on about it as long as I live.

In the meantime, we are just 2 weeks away from being back home. The place which gives my Jen peace and improved health, our spiritual home which quite soon will be our physical home. The joy of companionship. And.............. Mythos.

Phil.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2014, 03:01:51 AM »
My husband would say...the joy of ouzo...especially at breakfast time. I would say...cheese tomato and olive pies for breakfast at the bakery ... or the joy of red wine,olives and tzatziki with bread at Gratziella at lunchtime after a morning on the beach ... well anywhere really  as all the tavernas serve brilliant food come day or night  ...hubby would say...gyros in a pitta bread with a Mythos on the beach at lunch time...I would say...Greek salad at the pool bar at Kaloudis at lunchtime...my hubby would say... the joy of pizza at Akatori at lunchtime... admiring the amazing views ...I would say the joy of apple pie at Gravia bar at lunchtime admiring the amazing views!
We both would say... anything Greek with a gin and tonic or Magners cider or what ever takes our fancy on the balcony at lunchtime...followed by a little nap!
The list just goes on and on and on ...so much fabulous choice! and I haven't even started on the evenings yet!

The list just goes on and on and on and on.....Enjoy!

Suzy x

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2014, 03:07:56 AM »
Ahh yes! The joy of Arillas...no more to be said really!
Night all!

Suzy x

Offline BlueHeather

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2014, 10:50:38 AM »
Hi Flora and a very warm welcome.
Do please try and pen a report of your holiday .. I run a holiday forum for another Greek Island and holiday reports are one of the most enjoyed reads. everyone enjoys them, from old hands to the resort to newbies. so Arillas is no different. we always enjoy reading about folks time and where they ate etc etc.

My second visit to Arillas coming up ..13 sleeps!!
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2014, 08:05:48 PM »
Which island?
Sorry for being nosey!
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2014, 10:16:31 AM »
Haha Truth thanks for asking what we all were thinking! And Blue Heather did you get 'well done'off your forum for venturing elsewhere??!

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2014, 03:05:17 PM »
No I got it in the neck and called a traitor  LOL!   Truth,   it is Kos and a resort called Kefalos 9very laid back place much like Arillas) - Dylan and a couple of other members on here have been.. it was Dylan ?? I think who told me about Arillas in the first place I think but not sure now..
Seriously though we do go to Greece a lot and only do Kefalos once a year sometimes twice. next year not going at all as doing Morocco in march, mainland Greece The Peloponnese for my 60th for three weeks, then Crete in Sept so can't fit Kef in - however may pinch a sneaky week sometime!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2014, 09:42:52 PM »
Haha Heather. 'Well done' up North means exactly what you said, not literally!

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2014, 01:18:48 AM »
Hi Heather, I went to Kefalos for 2 weeks back in 2012 - It was fabulous, loved it! It's possibly on the cards again for next summer - haven't decided yet! :-)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2014, 02:50:48 PM »
I have been to Kefalos too , it was about 12 years ago now though!  :-)
There was a bar on the seafront that was very basic and just sold drinks. It had a little pond/waterfall in the middle of it I think and they used to always have "VH Classics" (as it was then) on a large screen by the bar. Is it still open do you know and is it called Memories or something similar to that Blueheather ?
The owner gave me some very good advice on life in general which I will never forget ....

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2014, 04:20:47 PM »
A good memory Truth yes - Memories Bar ... the owner is called Yannis - he's mad as a hater but a lovely guy. Him and his wife are animal mad which is a little unusual for Greeks on the whole.   Rachael if you are thinking of returning  PM me and I will let you have the forum address.......

Offline Laura

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2014, 09:21:48 PM »
So sorry for disappearing folks...had no internet for a few days!! So rude lol!! Thank you very much for all the lovely welcomes. I will write a report as soon as possible!
I need to write my reviews too, give the great people of arillas some glowing reports!!

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2014, 09:40:57 PM »
Good grief I spend too klong on Facebook - was just looking for the like button then for your post Flora LOL

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2014, 09:49:25 PM »
I have impressed myself there Blueheather as my memory isn't usually good! Lol. Glad they are still going. We will go back there one day. We went to Mastihari 3 years ago on Kos and enjoyed it there to.
This is way off topic, sorry

Booking.com