Author Topic: Kostas Horse Riding Corfu  (Read 8847 times)

Offline heriot

Kostas Horse Riding Corfu
« on: June 25, 2014, 08:33:07 AM »
I recently booked a horse riding excursion with the above company for myself and my 4 year old grandaughter.We are both novices.We paid in advance to the booking agent in Arillas.The price included transfer to the stables.We were at the designated pick-up spot at 10-15 hrs as instructed[the junction by the Armourada] By 10-45 hrs no-one had arrived for the pick-up.I went to the agent and a phone call was made to the stables.Unbelievably we were told that they had a "car problem" and the ride was therefore cancelled.No effort had been made to provide alternative transport nor to let us know in advance and we were left to stand by the roadside indefinitely

We received a refund from the agent which was no consolation to my cruelly disappointed grandaughter who had so much been looking forward to her first pony ride

Beware

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Kostas Horse Riding Corfu
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 08:38:27 AM »
Oh no! What a shame. I know that a few forum members have greatly enjoyed the pony trekking. Not sure if its the same company? Despite this blip I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your Arillas experience? Welcome to the forum x

Offline heriot

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 09:24:35 AM »
Thanks for reply and welcome.We had a wonderful time in Arillas,Especially my grandaughter

Regards

Denis

Offline BlueHeather

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 09:36:59 AM »
That is awful.... why could they not have let the agent know and someone could have popped to the end of the road to tell you. just not on standing in the heat with a 4 year old like that. dreadful customer service.

Glad you had a great time anyway and a warm welcome to the nuthouse forum
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 11:15:55 AM »
What rotten luck..... very bad customer service :(  I suppose theses things happen, but it's the first time I have heard of  it happening in Arillas and hopefully the last.

To disappoint a child is dreadful, but leaving you both standing waiting is extremely bad.....just not on.

So glad the holiday overall was not spoilt and you all enjoyed Arillas :)
Hope to see you see you next time you visit.

Val x 
The love affair continues.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 02:30:29 PM »
mmmm not surprised!
we had a similar experience a couple of years ago we were waiting for them in the travel agents, after an hour the agent phoned them, they had obviously forgotten, a few words were exchanged, then about 20 mins later a mini bus turned up, we drove like the clappers and then were deposited at the riding stables, no words exchanged at all!!!!!
wont be going riding again!!!
ger x

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 02:33:45 PM »
Sorry to hear this  :-)
I know its in hindsight but if you're going to try it again maybe next year I suggest Dimitris Horse Riding. You can contact them direct (google it) or drop me a pm for any E mail addresses that I have used for them

Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 02:45:55 PM »
Hi

We used them on our first Corfu holiday in Kassiopi.  We were not quite sure where to stand and the travel agents were not open so that we could check.  Apparently we were in the wrong place and got quite a telling off from the driver for inconveniencing them (we were on the wrong corner of a small square)!!  The horse riding wasn't great anyway as it turned out.  I have heard that Dimitris is much better.

Better luck in future
Angela

Offline heriot

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 03:03:00 PM »
Many thanks again for all your replies.Just to repeat we all had a wonderful time in Arillas and hope to return in future.I have in fact used Dimitris when we were in Kalami last year[my first time ever on a horse] and wanted my grandaughter to experience the wonderful time I had.However I think they are in Avlaki and therefore not convenient for Arillas.

Regards all

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 06:17:19 PM »
They pick you up from where YOU want picking up from and the drive you there and back.  Its very enjoyable and you go throuigh some lovely villages. Probably about a 45 minute journey.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline heriot

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 10:12:30 AM »
Many thanks ==will be in Corfu later in year and will definitely ride with Dimitris again

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 11:11:15 AM »
What rotten service. I also booked for horse riding but with Olga, when the mini bus didn't turn up I rang her and the next thing I knew I was in her car being whisked away had a great time riding. This was about 5 yrs ago went in May no hitches and seeing I was the only one from Arillas got a lift home in a lovely car by one of the chaps that works in the riding place in Roda. Cant remember the name of the horse riding company but deffo in Roda. Better luck next time. Viv x

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline heriot

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 09:50:15 PM »
I booked with Olga but unfortunately she was not in the office at the time or things might have been different.Bottom line is it is the responsibility of the stable operators to ensure contingency plans are in force to cover "car problems" They have been operating for many years,I understand,and I"m sure this is not the first or the last time this situation will arise leaving someone else standing by the roadside

Regards to all

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 10:24:01 PM »
Agreed.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline dylan