Author Topic: single person on the beach front in sept please help fiirst holiday since 2007  (Read 16154 times)

Offline ftajay

Hi there my dads looking to come in sept some time for 7 days to 10 days looking for somwhere small on the beach front just to sleep to be honest he will be going out for meals ect and so its as i said just somewhere to sleep please can you give me any ideas of whats there to rent for this time we can book flights this end and transfers the same please help as hes not been away since 2007 and this was where he went on his last holiday thanks in advance

Jason

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
Why don't you try the Portofino on the beachfront.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
bardis sun, not right on the front, but i know a lot of single travellers stay there
ger x

Offline ftajay

Im looking at stuff for him now i thinking of surprising him and coming out for the last 4 days as i cant do the whole holiday due to work anymore help would be great thanksJason

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Alex studios may be a good option.  Can book through booking.com and right on the sea-front. Portifino like previously mentioned would also be ideal.  Then there are ina's studios next to the supermarket.

Offline Chris G

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Try the Bardis Sun Studios, very user friendly and ideal for singles, the Bardis family will welcome you with open arms and make you feel you belong there.

Offline Sinbad

Here's a link for the map of Arillas which will give you a good idea of where everything is:

http://www.arillas.gr/map/arillas_map_pdfB.pdf

Then if you go on the local links tab and the accommodation review threads you will see lots of links to the accommodation in the resort and what everyone is saying about them, though I don't think I have ever seen a bad review.  

Good luck, I'm sure you will not have any problem finding what you want and your dad will have a great holiday

Offline ftajay

my dads getting relay excited about coming now and i know this is slightly off topic but when we came back in 2007 we went to a place to eat that was around 4 or 5 miles i think  and this place was great there was lots of locals there in was in the hills about 10 min drive as i remember  it sold meat by weight BBQ they also had a take away service the food was great just trying to find out what it was called and if there are taxis in arillas to go there and back as we had a hire car last time but we are not going to bother this time as im likely to only be there 4 days

thanks

Jason

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
Hi.  I think you may mean the Amourada in Kavadades.  Haven't been for a few years now but they were amazed when Paul ordered and ate a kilo of chicken! :)
Ann x

Offline Sinbad

I think that the restaurant you are referring to is Mon Amour.  Just returned from Arillas and had a fabulous meal there.

If you google them they have their own website with a contact phone number, so when you phone up to book a table then you actually arrange a FREE transfer there and back.

There is a thread on the forum dedicated to this restaurant which will provide you with loads more information.  So glad your dad is getting excited.  I just visited for the first time since 2006 and it was even better than I remember and everyone there is just so welcoming and helpful.  I had a fabulous holiday.

http://www.arillas.com/forum/index.php?topic=1467.0

Offline martin-w

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
Hi fitajay,
How far can your dad walk? The Bardis Studios have been mentioned, but the Bardis Hotel next door, same name but different owners, have good size apartments in spacious lawned grounds and a huge swimming pool only 150 yards from the beach. Its where I stay when I go to Arillas and can highly recommend it. Dorita and Aris are wonderful hosts, nothing too much trouble. There is no 'singles' supplement and the room charge, which is very reasonable includes breakfast. Bookings can be made direct with the hotel, their site is on the forum, or go to their website:-
www.bardis-hotel.com
Hope this helps,
Martin.

Booking.com