Author Topic: San Stephanos  (Read 6028 times)

Offline Northerndave

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Yammas
San Stephanos
« on: June 27, 2014, 05:18:13 PM »
Hello all,

I've managed to bag a late deal to SanSteph arriving next week as could not get anything for Arillas :( 

I did the walk over last year and had a quick scout around the beach area, but had some questions I hope I could get an answer to?

Are there any Restaurants in SanSteph that allow a view of the sunset?
Any recommended eateries?
Any recommended car hire places, or will Arillas rent a car deliver there?
Do taxis run between San Steph and Arillas in case I can convince the family to spend an evening in Arillas?
What time is the Sunset at the moment?

Sorry for all the questions, thought it would be easier to put them all on one post, rather then seperate threads.

Thanks

Dave.

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: San Stephanos
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 05:51:44 PM »
Hi - we stayed in San Stephanos last year. There are restaurants that allow you to watch the sunset. There is a fish one that is very good but unfortunately forgot the name. It is the last one on your left on the beech as you are walking out of san stefanos.The best place to watch the sun set from San Stefanos is the restaurant at the top of the hill on the way over to Arillas. It is called Akrotiri and I think is classed as Arillas but is nearer to SS.  It is a bit of a walk up. Tsaro apartments have a bar and upstairs eating area where you can watch the sun set but they don't serve food at night. Would recommend the breakfast at Tsaro bar. Would not recommend Beech comber as very expensive for what it is. If you love traditional greek food then I would recommend the Little Prince . It is not on the sea front but the food is gorgeous and the staff very friendly and it is also reasonably priced. We hired a car from san stefanos travel through tsaro apartments. Tsaro have their own cars but they were booked out. Was really impressed. We ended up driving over every day to Arillas as like you we could not get anywhere in Arillas to stay as booked last minute. The sun sets about 8.40 according to the webcam. Hope this helps.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 06:08:20 PM »
I saw a taxi knocking abouit quite a bit this year and I am sure someone said its based in Arillas now. I have never sen it before though and can't remember the name on the top of the taxi either but I am sure it was one of the companies that organise trips that it belonged to? It wasn't Olgas is all I can tell you.
Sorry to be so uninformative but someone one here will be able to elaborate I am sure ! lol
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 10:09:22 PM »
Have a look at the Green Corfu website they are based in Arillas. Alex who runs it had a taxi driver friend who was based in San Steph and very reasonable.

Offline hippopotandmouse

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 12:20:56 AM »
Hi Northern Dave, our shop is in San Stef, so I'll try and help.
Sunset is currently approx 9ish.
For tavernas that have sunset views, you're spoilt for choice. All along the road to the port, the tavernas have fantastic sea and sunset views.
Along this road you have, Waves (on the beach), Beachcombers (veranda overlooking the beach), Mistral (on the beach), Manthos (overlooking the beach) and Fantasea, on other side of the road, but fab views all across the bay.
For car hire you can go to San Stef rent a car (also known as corfuexplore), dimitri and manos, or tsaros. All have nice new vehicles. There are also 2 scooter/quad hire places, Spiros rent a bike, and Pegasus Bikes.
We have a good selection of bars. If you like music entertainment, head to the main road towards Avliotes. If you prefer it quiet, head to Kamini on the way to the port, or Aquarius by the Athens hotel.
Hope you enjoy it, if you're around and want any more advice pop in and say Hi....we're the ceramics shop on the road to Avliotes.

Offline Northerndave

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Yammas
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 01:07:59 AM »
Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the replies and helpful hints, great to see we can eat and see the sunset. And a special thanks to hippopotandmouse, I will try to pop in and say hello if I can :)

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 05:33:14 PM »
That was it - waves that we ate at on the beach. Very nice fish. It was San Stefanos car hire that we hired car from and they dropped it off at our apartment and picked it up from there.  Do try little prince as food great there and have Greek dancing every night. They also gave us a small carafe of wine for me  and mythos or metaxo for my husband for free every time we went.

Offline diana

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 11:11:24 PM »
Is San Stephos a similar size to Arillas?.

Offline momo

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 01:47:41 AM »
It's a bit bigger, I think, than Arillas. It has a few large hotels in addition to smaller pool bars and apartments. I love the Athina which has a lovely huge pool very near the beach. Just buy a drink and/or food and you can use the pool. It's a very nice place to relax with waiters walking around the sunbeds taking orders. I like The Waves too, right on the beach, friendly staff and good food and drink.
It's fun to walk over for an afternoon if you can leave Arillas! We usually do it once or twice.
There are also some good shops.  I'm excited to visit Yiotta's new shop there.
Doing this cos I can't bear to watch the Greece/ Costa Rica game. Extra time just ended. Penalties now! Mo x

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 12:11:22 PM »
Yes San Stefanos is bigger than Arillas but it is still not a really big resort like Sidari for instance.

Offline diana

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 11:53:29 PM »
Ok thanx, will be sure too have a walk down there from Arillas, when we go next month.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 08:18:37 AM »
Give it a go di... And stop off at the top of the track and have a drink in akritiri with nikos , some nice eateries there as well , and a fab gyros cafe ,, yummy , well worth the walk but go early before it gets to hot ,, x yiammas

Booking.com