Author Topic: Boat Hire  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Donpipez

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Boat Hire
« on: June 29, 2014, 06:22:02 PM »
Hi Folks............

My Wife Jill & I are arriving on Friday & can't wait!!!

This will be our 1st visit to Arillas after visiting a number of other Greek islands.

Whilst searching for a holiday last Year I noticed it was mentioned on the forum that it was possible to hire a boat from Arillas beach. We like to do this for a couple of days and have done so for the last few Years so was happy that we could do so in Arillas.

However I read recently on the Forum That there are no longer any watersports on the beach!!!

Does this mean we will be unable to hire a boat? - I understand this may be possible from San Stephanos - How long does it take to walk there or even better would they bring a boat over to Arillass beach? & is there a contact number/address?

Thanks in advance

Neil

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
Re: Boat Hire
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 06:52:51 PM »
Hi neil
yep its all done through noula at san steph travel, google there site and send a message , I had a boat for the day e80 plus petrol, I done e35 worth,  and noula picked me up from arillas and dropped me back,, enjoy I did yiammas

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 07:33:05 PM »
Kev, does that mean no more good ship Olga from Arillas beach?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 08:48:29 PM »
If you can bear to leave your newly found Arillas and all of what that means (Jen and I never do, but we are old....) San Stefanos is minutes away by car and quite a long walk on foot.

You can find just about anything you want in Magoulades, the district in which Arillas belongs. Sad or what, Jen and me find everything we want or need in Arillas.

Phil

Offline Donpipez

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 01:44:09 PM »
Kev..........

Thanks for your help - Contacted Noula and boat booked!!!

Phil.........

I'm sure we'll love Arillas but cruising along with some ice cold Mythos, being able to explore and find beaches to ourselves and then mooring up at the end of the day to do a little fishing (with a few more Mythos) is soooooooooo relaxing!!!

Cheers All

Neil

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 02:04:28 PM »
Just be careful how many Mythos ,,,,,,,, we don't want you sinking the boat ! lol
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline darren-jane

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 10:47:17 PM »
bought a boat last year.
But as with everything to do with greek authority still waiting for the paperwork to be sorted before it can go in the water.
hopefully will be sorted when we arrive at the end of July otherwise it will spend more time standing on Spiros land next to the bardis sun studios with me catching no fish :(

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 08:16:15 AM »
Neil
Glad you got it sorted, I stay at marina hotel so asked if they had a cool box to borrow for the day made fresh rolls from the bakery and of course a few tins of mythos and a couple of tins of pop and water for the girls lol,, we buzzed down to
Paleo, moored up and went for a frappe , before heading back for a swim at Porto timini, and another secluded bay , take plenty of suncream, and ask Gary to put up the sun shade , have a great day I did yiammas

Booking.com