Author Topic: Brouklis unhappy customer ......  (Read 24156 times)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Brouklis unhappy customer ......
« on: July 02, 2014, 04:05:34 PM »
We are looking for the unsatisfied customer from last month who ate about 3weeks ago on a Monday evening.
It was a couple that spoke English, ordered the House white wine and then I explained them our dishes of the day which was Sofrito served with  the Greek roast potatoes and a bit of rice , chicken souvlaki served with greek roast potatoes and vegetables  , Mousaka, fresh sardines and courgette keftedes.

They ordered the courgette-keftedes and two portions of sofrito.

As they were eating I remember well having been at least twice and asked them if they everything was Allright as we normal do...  the answers was something like  "OK thaks" if I remember well …
Nothing came in my attention that something was wrong but but when they finished their meal and  the bill arrived the man came inside to pay and told Noufris who happened to be at the till that this was the worse meal they had in Arillas . Noufris was very surprised and  protective tried to ask about what it was wrong and even  said that if they were not satisfied they would not have to pay buthe man insisted to pay and so he did and then left............

Two days ago we received through our Brouklis website a rather offensive anonymous  email from probably the same couple   . Between all the offensive words there was a complain that the food was not presented well and that rice and potatoes does not fit together...  the lady was not feeling well the next day  as I filed them up with  carbohydrates etc.
I did answer but they email they 've given me is not existed as there name used is “anonymous”

I felt very bad as we can not react on this......

I just had to share this... perhaps the people concerned  can see this and they have the opportunity to accept an honest answer from me. As I do expect an apology from them too.

The dish we served, “Sofrito”  it is a traditional Corfiot
speciality and  we do serve it with the greek roast potatoes and rice  ( we
serve that dish for at least the last 23 years every Monday in our
Taverna) At that night we served all portions  ( about 20) at our taverna
exactly the way we served theirs....
After Noufris  told me what happened I was asking all  customers who had
the same dish  in order to find out what is wrong... none has reported anything
wrong  ( I did mention that one of our guests did not enjoy this at that
night)

From a very confused and depressed taverna owner.
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Brouklis unhappy customer ......
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 04:56:58 PM »
Oh Dimitris

Please do not worry as some people will never be satisfied and are born to complain!!  It is the same problem that apartment and hotel owners can have with Tripadvisor - such reviews are left online and the service providers have no redress at all!!

I think that everyone will soon go online and point out the good service and wonderful food you provide and the complaint will soon be out of site amongst all the favourable reviews.

Perhaps the couple are just generally unhappy people and want a good moan! 

Te be honest, most people see through the comments made by miserable people!

Regards
Angela

Offline intentioncraft

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • hooked on acropolis
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 05:00:44 PM »
Dimitis, As the Old English saying goes "There's nowt so strange as folks", with all due respect, your culinary integrity is up there with the best traditional corfiot fare,sorry to hear about your experience with the odd couple,I work in service industry so I can certainly emphasise,some people just make no sense at all,for what it's worth on my recent visit to your place two weeks since I had the Mousaka and if I remember right the wife had the Stamna,..thoroughly enjoyed the meal it was lovely.

Cheers
Bob K.

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 05:02:13 PM »
Well I for one am very glad that I now know Sofrito is served on a Monday as one of my favourite dishes. Not sure if I will be able to resist the chops though. As for the customer Dimitris, as Angela has said, try not to let it bother you. They had plenty of opportunity to tell you their thoughts and chose not to. 20 days and counting x

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 05:04:56 PM »
Actually I missread a little (but then I am supposed to be working and not on here) and thought they had posted on TripAdvisor!  Subsequently I have now added a simply glowing review on there to go along with the rest of the wonderful reports xxx

Hope you get it sorted Dimitris xx

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 05:06:09 PM »
It was my displeasure to read this very offensive E-mail that Brouklis received. If any meal does not come up to ones expectations, or maybe one feels one can offer constructive criticism, there is a right way to achieve that. Numerous 4 letter words, linked to an offensive e-mail  from “anonymous”, especially an e-mail, that cannot be replied to, just maybe, is the wrong way to put, what could be, a valid point across. Should have asked to see the Manager to sensibly explain his/her problem

All Tavernas/Restaurants can get it wrong, sometimes, we all know that but equally we should possibly be helping them by offering genuine feedback on any meal. Is it a British idea to sit through a meal that we are not happy with and when asked “Everything OK?” say “Very Nice, we’ll see you again” –
Hmmmm! – Been there and done that!!

If you don’t like rice then ask if they can serve what you want with chips or small salad. If you don’t like salad on your plate then specify “no salad” Places want you to enjoy and get you back for another meal.

I have sent a meal back which came with rice and I did not order rice – Not a problem. We still eat there.
 I remember once when we had some very nice lamb and Greek roast potatoes it came with mixed veg, from a can. I just mentioned at the end of the meal that mixed veg may not be enjoyable to all. I happen to know that the Taverna owner asked others their opinion. Now the lamb is served with whatever fresh veg is available. Equally I have ordered half a chicken and received a quarter. Queried at the time and got another quarter.
(And a bottle of Retsina on the house!)

All I can beg of all out there is:-
Do not be embarrassed if you feel you have a valid point to put across concerning any meal that may not be what you hoped. Don’t just order a meat dish without asking what accompanies it. Don’t eat chips? -ask for a salad etc etc. All our custom is very important to all places who offer food. They want to get it right and good honest Feedback is essential to help for the future. – Not after the event with an e-mail  that I would not even print in case my toilet tissue ran out.

Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 05:46:11 PM »
I can not add anything to what Eggy has said, nor to any other posts. We ate at Brouklis a number of times in May including both Monday nights (just for the Sofrito) well the first Monday for the company of two other couples as well, four of us ordered this meal and it was as delicious as it always is. We ate there often in the two weeks......Jo the lamb chops were beautiful.

Some people just enjoy complaining, this couple would have made a number of complaints about their holiday I am sure, and as for the abusive mail it only shows what sort of ignorant, mannerless cretins they are.

Don't trouble yourself with worrying about them Dimitri, the people that matter are the ones that return again and again, and they only return because your food is excellent, as is your company.

Val n Bill xx
The love affair continues.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 05:47:00 PM »
Dimitirs - we ate in your taverna several times on our visits in 2001 and 2004 and still remember them like yesterday. The food was fantastic. My husband remembers not just your fantastic food but he recalls that it was the first time that he used a card machine brought to the table. Had not used one in the England  either. Anyway, I digress. We are returning to Arillas on Monday and cannot wait to eat again at Brouklis.

Please do not let the email upset you. Some people are just not worth it.

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 05:53:22 PM »
Dimitris
As Angela said some people are not happy unless they complain. You gave them a chance to speak up and it's their fault they didn't!!!  There is No need to be nasty. If the food is not to their taste it is not your fault.  As for his wife being poorly because of too many carbs, well I'm sure you didn't force feed her!!!
I worked in hospitality years ago and the things people complain about is silly. Down to my wife has 6 mushrooms and I have 5!!!! Don't worry as people who have dined in your place will know the standard produced. I will certainly be eating there later in the month!!  I look forward to it x

Offline Paul Clark

• Pauls Cancer Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 05:55:02 PM »
Ok, google has let me down & just come up with a tomato based sauce. So I'll ask the stupid question...... what is Sofrito??
We're over at the weekend & plan to visit Brouklis on Monday evening so a hint would be good :)
Follow my journey against throat cancer at  http://paulscancer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 06:09:16 PM »
Sofrito is slowly braised veal, or in most cases beef cooked with garlic.  It is divine.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 06:51:56 PM »
oh dimitris, how upsetting for you.
no complaints from this family, the food and service is always first class.
even my son when we visited last september said it was the best meal he has had in greece (and he's a fussy devil!!!!)
ger x

Offline Paul Clark

• Pauls Cancer Blog
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 07:13:07 PM »
Thanks Jo, that's made my mind up, Monday evening it'll be :)
Follow my journey against throat cancer at  http://paulscancer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 07:38:46 PM »
How awful to get such an email when the people concerned had plenty of opportunities to say if there was anything wrong with their meal whilst eating it and also afterwards.  The way they have complained is typical of someone where there is actually nothing wrong and it's actually bullying & harassment - avoiding complaining in person and then hiding behind an anonymous email address.  I would put money on the fact that there was nothing wrong at all with their meal. They perhaps were looking for something a little closer to the food served in McDonalds or a pub that simply puts frozen food in the microwave  - whereas the food served at Brouklis is traditional, home-cooked Corfiot recipes.

Do not let it worry you Dimitris. Hundreds of people have wonderful meals at your fabulous, traditional taverna and these 2 are just out to cause you worry and stress. Take heart from those who say at the end of their meal "that was delicious, thank you". Can't wait to eat at Brouklis again next year.

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 07:55:33 PM »
Dimitri, I have eaten in your taverna many, many times and never had a meal that was less than excellent. Knowing you I also can imagine the effect this would have on you. All I can say is remember "You will never please all of the people all of the time" Ask yourself, would you really  want people like that as customers?, You deserve better,
                                                                       Ivan

Booking.com