Author Topic: Brouklis unhappy customer ......  (Read 24133 times)

Offline AJC51

• Arillas Addict
Re: Brouklis unhappy customer ......
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 08:32:27 PM »
Dimitris
We have eaten at Brouklis many times over the past nine years and have never had cause to complain portions and quality of food is spot on No complaints from this family.
Al Sal Becs & Neil

Offline ValL

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 08:41:01 PM »
There is never any excuse for offensive language and such bad behaviour. I am sure you realise that this is not typical of the English people who visit Arillas.  We like to eat in a variety of places in the resort including Brouklis and have rarely had something we didn't enjoy.  We would certainly do as Eggy says and let the proprietor know if there was a problem.  I hope you are able to forget this and continue to provide your excellent service
Arillas visitor since 2004 🍹☀️

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 09:21:33 PM »
Boss wasnt me I always have the bifteki,, and very good it is yiammas, xxxx

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 09:35:13 PM »
This really saddens me as we were in the Brouklis that night and know how much Dimitris was upset about the remarks the couple in question made. My Husband Kevin had the Sofrito and really enjoyed it as always.

I feel sad for this couple as throughout the meal they were looking up tripadvisor instead of enjoying the ambiance and hospitality of this wonderful establishment.

Pauline x

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 09:36:22 PM »
Dimitris, I can only agree with what everybody else has said on here.  Please don't let that email get you down.  He is a horrible bully and a coward.  Whilst you are one of the most genuinely lovely people I have ever met, that also serves some of the most tastiest, delicious food in Corfu!  

Haven't been back to Arillas unfortunately for a couple of years, but we will be back and when we do your Sofrito is definitely on my list of food to eat.

Sharon xx

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 10:16:35 PM »
Ok Boss you know that we will be in on the 14th July (hope you have got the reservation for table 13) with Phil and Jen.

I am sure you will be in good form and I am sure that the food will be up to its usual standard (yet to have had a bad meal at Brouklis)
unfortunately we will not be paying, but as you know we are happy to was up.
Just make sure that the young man who waits on the tables is on his best behaviour.

As for the unknown couple who were in Brouklis and complained about the meal, I feel that they are the losers on this occasion.
Unable to stand up and be honest, who if the feel were served a meal that they thought was not suitable for them, they have to hide behind a false email address to which you were unable to reply.

You are better person than these people and I know with out doubt that honest people would bring the matter to your attention so that you could deal with the matter in a professional way.

The fact that they sent an email of the nature you describe just goes to show how small minded this couple are.
I feel you are more depressed about the nature of the attack by email than the fact that they were unhappy about the meal.

Brouklis has an excellent reputation and I am sure it will not be tarnished by the people who complained.

Looking forward to seeing you soon
John & Dot xx   

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 10:35:54 PM »
I would be pretty sure that you won't trace them on this forum. The fact that it is really difficult to get a table in Brouklis should say it all and like others have said you will always get these moaners. I remember there was a really bad review for Rainbow in the past which also seemed very unjustified. Seems they liked Sidari so were very disappointed..However upsetting it is please try to put it behind you as nobody would agree with them on this forum.

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 10:41:18 PM »
Honestly, some people!! Any 'adult'  who can spend the time to send an offensive anonymous email that complains about the choice of food groups that they decide to put in their own mouth doesn't deserve your time or energy.

I arrive at yours on Monday night - sofrito with rice and potatoes please!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2014, 10:44:26 PM »
I love Roula's Sofrito, one of my favourite dishes. We all know the huge reputation that Brouklis has for excellent Corfiot cuisine and much more besides. Forget them Dimitri. They aren't worth bothering with. Just carry on doing what your taverna has done for 40 years, and you will enjoy another 40, and even more with full tables and happy customers.

Phil

Offline ianh

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 10:53:29 PM »
Hi boss don't worry about the moron who complained about their meal we have eaten in your taverna many times and have always had first class meals and service.some people complain about everything and any thing,we heard a woman moaning that her butter was too hard to spread the other day ,also went on Billy the Greeks boat trip from kaluodis village on Tuesday and she complained the whole time that he was going too fast ,what part of SPEED boat did she not get.so carry on doing what you do best,providing super food in your lovely taverna,we shall se you soon Ian

Offline claire43

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 11:04:13 PM »
Why  do we all do this to ourselves?

Every year we send questionnaires out to the parents of the children in my class. 99% are positive and lovely to read but if we get one negative comment, that's the one we fret about, talk about and it leaves a shadow  on the whole year. We wonder why we bother but bother we must  because 99% love us! And  the same for you and your restaurant, the problem is theirs,it was not fair to send you the e-mail anonymously but how typical of their type. Let it go so many people love your food your service and you! See you in August x

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 11:09:33 PM »
Kalispera Dimitri,
I was drawn to this topic because I couldn't understand how the words, 'Broulkis', 'customer' and 'unhappy' could possibly go together.

Your taverna is excellent both for food and for hospitality.  You always explain the dishes in advance, how much more helpful could you possibly be?  

I agree with all the other comments, that these people are very rude and not worth worrying about.  

We haven't been able to afford a visit to Arillas for the third year running, and we really miss our favourite place on earth, and our favourite taverna.

Love to all your lovely family,
lynn xx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2014, 12:19:51 AM »
Dimitris

I think you have your answer now but , beware.........

.... If I have Sofrito I do not want rice, just a few extra Greek potatoes.
(And I know you will do the business)

and.... Wegg wants a childs portion!
and ... we want a corner table
and.... I want a cushion on my chair
and..... I want Retsina served in a diddy glass not a wine thingy!
and..... if I want sardines I want the heads on and just the eyes removed!!
(Hate it when things stare at me when I am eating)

Neill

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2014, 12:26:11 AM »
There is just something not right here . . . . . .
Why send an anonymous E mail that you can't respond to? I can't see that cowardice could be the reason because whoever sent it is sat at a laptop in another country being a "keyboard warrior"
I am not even sure why I am pointing this out but can anyone else see that this behaviour doesn't seem consistent with an 'upset customer'?
Perhaps it's just my suspicious mind.
Any Dimitris , I would treat it with the contempt it deserves and TRY and forget it mate
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Carol and Nigel

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2014, 12:40:43 AM »
Hi Demitris and family,
Don't often post on this forum but felt this really did need a response. Your taverna is always the first we visit when we arrive in Arillas every May and September. This year as you know Nigel's son Paul and family were there at the same time as us. I would describe Paul as not being a particularly adventurous eater(maybe I misjudge him)but both he and his wife voted Brouklis as their favourite place to eat.
I always remember the article you wrote for the forum about how we should order Greek food (ask the waiter/owner what's especially good today? and take their advice) We have always done this and never been disappointed. We always order several dishes, share them and graze. Absolute heaven!! Can't wait to see you all again in September. Please don't let these idiots upset you (at least they didn't ask for mint sauce with their lamb!!)
Lots of love
Carol & Nigel

Booking.com