Author Topic: Brouklis unhappy customer ......  (Read 24161 times)

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Brouklis unhappy customer ......
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2014, 10:18:34 AM »
i agree Truth - the more i read it the stranger it seems. 

Dimitris - I think there is something strange about that couple ....

Offline Westham mo

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2014, 11:12:17 AM »
Morning, I am here in arillas with my wife for the first time, we arrived last friday and go home next Monday and are really enjoying our stay (at the tria, phil and Helen are fantastic hosts!) we have eaten at the tria many times but the lamb on a Sunday has to be recommended! We have also eaten in arillas three time at the brouklis, two dinners and one lunch, all have been excellent, we have as dimitri pointed out on his post been asked if everything was ok at every meal, our response has always been positive and we were not lying!
As some one else has pointed out this 'Person (?) is a bully and a coward, to not speak to you on the night is the cowardly part followed by the bullying in the e-mail. We have loved the food at the brouklis, as we have elsewhere in arillas, I do not think it is possible to have a bad meal here! We have started having our chat about where to have our 'last night blow out meal' it's bit of a tradition of ours when on holiday to have the last night in our favourite resteraunt and the wife has said already she thinks it will be in the brouklis!
Dimitri please ignore this stupid person, I can understand that this is probably difficult as this is very insulting to you and your staff and your business but just carry on doing what you and your team do really well! As a foot note we had reason to complain at a hotel a few years ago, another guest advised me to 'give the hotel a chance' I am glad I heeded his advice as my complaint was dealt with swiftly and in a professional manner to my total satisfaction, lesson learnt!
I also apologize for my countryman's bad behaviour and manners and look forward to eating with you again before we go home.

Offline Lizzie

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2014, 11:39:17 AM »
Like some others, I don't post very often but I am sitting here with my mouth wide open in astonishment, both at the behaviour of these customers and at  any suggestion that the food at Brouklis is in some way sub-standard. It's an  exemplar of corfiot food in my opinion, traditional, the best of  fresh ingredients and served in magical surroundings with impeccable service. it's usually first on our list after we get to Arillas and as I sit under the vines for the first time, I always shed a little tear of pleasure to be back there

I am so sorry Dimitris for  one of my fellow countrymens discourteous, incredibly offensive behaviour and their complete inability to recognise good food when it is served to them. How is it that the  more that some people travel, the narrower their horizons get? And to use an anonymous email? its almost beyond belief but really does show that they are the ones with a problem.

So, please don't take this one off incident  to heart, Brouklis is fantastic  in all respects  and I can't wait to see it again in September

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2014, 12:28:48 PM »
THANK YOU all for your support and comments.....

I definitely feel much better today ...

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2014, 01:20:54 PM »
Good to hear that Dimitris. All the forum can't be wrong.Best wishesx
Lindypops.

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2014, 01:58:20 PM »
well we had a lovely meal on our last visit and shall be dining here again during the next two weeks.  Dimitris - don't let these morons get you down - some folks are just professional complainers.  bang out of order.
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline Yvonne K

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2014, 02:30:19 PM »
I haven't been to Arillas yet but will be making a bee line for Brouklis on the Monday after we arrive to try out this wonderful sounding dish.  Some people make me ashamed to be English.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2014, 03:16:56 PM »
In fairness Dimitris said they spoke English but that doesn't neccessarily mean they are from England.
Don't be too ashamed Yvonne, all countries have their bad apples ..... :-)
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Laura

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2014, 04:33:02 PM »
I was so disappointed to read this.  What a wonderful taverna Brouklis is and what a fantastic and friendly person Dimitris is.  I have been so busy with work and havent had a chance to post any of my reviews but after reading this I prioritised my review on TA for Brouklis.
Keep up the good work Dimitris and we will see you when we return next year!

Offline Steve & Carole

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2014, 08:38:35 PM »
We had a perfect meal there on Tuesday and will be back for more in a couple of days time. I remember last year a couple of people moaned about their meal (after they had finished all of it). Sadly, there will always be those who abuse good hospitality.  See you soon Dimitris!!

Offline Karen22

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2014, 09:32:38 PM »
Another very happy Brouklis customer here.  After 4 visits to Arillas we've yet to have our evening meal anywhere else!  I'm sure everywhere in Arillas is great for food but somehow Brouklis is just that bit more ......  hmmm what to call it?  Wonderful anyway in my opinion. 

Offline dylan

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2014, 09:35:06 PM »
Sorry about the time you had with a customer, unfortunately, not all English people are good people, as not all Greeks are, this couple were obviously, just being two of the bad ones!

Please do not get upset, they are not worth it! especially as the do not have the courage to say who they are, so that you would be able to reply to them!
We all know how good the quality of your food is, has been, and always will be.

I am a member of Trip Advisor, so will have a look on there, and make sure that your tavern is described fairly, and accurately.

Will eat an extra meal with you in September!

Offline Martin_G

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2014, 02:01:22 AM »
Boss, I've just read through this and and cannot understand why anyone would fail to make you aware of anything wrong at the time of ordering, or the dish when it arrived, only then to go on the offensive hiding behind email.

To me, who's been back year after year, your recipe for success is far more than just the fabulous food you serve, its the care and attentiveness we get from your charming welcome, hospitality and environment, to the point we leave satisfied, happy smiling and looking foreword to the next time... don't let one complaint without foundation disturb you, think about the thousands that have left happy.

See you in a few weeks :)

Martin

Offline Westham mo

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2014, 01:40:25 PM »
Update, we spent the evening in corfu town, excellent evening, we ate at the bellaisimo (think spelling is correctish!) and the food was very good. Due to this idiots poor behaviour it made us aware of the dish sofirto (dodgy spelling again) my wife loved it! And surprise surprise, it came with rice and potatoes! I am checking her carb intake hourly but she seems fine to me! We have now booked the brouklis for Sunday, sadly our last full day before a reluctant return home until the next time!

Offline Cheryl2307

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2014, 02:30:33 PM »
Dimitris, I have just seen this and I'm so sorry you have been made so upset by this awful person/situation.  Please do not give this any more of your time, you have always been a total gentleman, the food is always a delight and the time you spend explaining your dishes is unbelievable to watch, the number of languages you just slip into, is such a talent.  Do not give this person any further power to hurt you, dump it all in the trash where it belongs.

I have told my granddaughter all about your amazing taverna and your lovely food so you will definitely be getting a visit from us during our stay - if we can get a table!

Don't change a single thing, please and don't let the bas@*@** grind you down xx

Cheryl O

Booking.com