Author Topic: Mirage Apartments  (Read 34321 times)

Offline mac1

Mirage Apartments
« on: August 05, 2014, 10:28:28 PM »
Hi
We have just returned from Arillas after two weeks staying at the Mirage apartments, this was our first visit to Arillas, after reading all the information on the forum I was pretty sure we would love it.
The Mirage was just perfect, fantastic pool with a large shallow area which my 3 grandchildren loved, the weekly pool party were a particular favourite!! The apartments were spotlessly clean, spacious and quiet, Nicos, Angela, and sons Spiros and Billy were all lovely and made us so welcome.
Arillas is a beautiful village small and unspoilt just right for a relaxing holiday, we found the restaurants and tavernas were very good, (our favourite being Brouklis they were so friendly and the food was outstanding), the mirage also does a set menu which is good value at 11 euro for 2 courses and a drink, we ate here many times and the food was consistently good.
I would highly recommend the Mirage apartments they are family orientated and work hard to ensure you are well looked after, you couldn't ask for more, thank-you for a lovely holiday, we would definitely return.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Mirage Apartments
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 10:53:36 PM »
Welcome to our world mac1. What you report is obviously heartfelt and true. As first timers you also have so much more to discover about holidays in Arillas. And there is a lot more to discover, even before you venture up to Afionas, Agios Georgios or to San Stefanos, our close neighbours.

Jen and I have been going there for 12 years, some others much more than double that, and the geography is pretty well imprinted on our minds. But as adopted locals, we always find something new to see and talk about. And at Mirage you started to experience the people who make this beautiful little bay what it is. 

So glad it worked for you. Come back and join the little legion of Arilliacs like Jen and me, who find everything we need there.

Phil

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 03:02:32 AM »
Mac1...so pleased you and your family enjoyed your first visit to Arillas and I'm sure it won't be your last. As Phil said you may even become an Arilliac!
My husband and I have only been twice (2 years running...which was a first for us) but we loved it so much. However we didn't go this year (told this story many times) as I've often thought people were "sad" that kept going to the same place every year so we went somewhere else instead and as lovely as it was...it wasn't Arillas!
 Many people have said on this forum... if you find a place that is special to you then why waste your hard earned money by going to places that don't give you that same feeling as you get when in beautiful Arillas!

Sooo...it's Arillas again for us next year!

BTW are the Mirage appartments the ones on the front across the road from the beach with the lovely pools?

Suzy x

Offline mac1

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 09:43:18 AM »
Yes the Mirage are right on the beach front, and the pool is huge you can't miss it, lots of people use the pool during the day but it didn't get overcrowded, if you like a swim in the sea you have the best of both worlds as you just have to cross the road!

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 02:30:37 PM »
I think we have converted another one to being an Arillas Addict!  So good to hear you and your family had a wonderful time in Arillas - and of excellent accomodation too, good to know when recommending others and also in case the usual accomodation is booked. 

Offline mrsmac73

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 09:29:30 AM »
Hello mac1, I have not done reviews before so hope I get it right.  My hubby and I went to arrillas in june for the first time, we made the mistake of booking apartments which were about 25 mins walk to the beach down the main road, in that heat its not good we walked there in the morning and back at 4pm then back again for a meal then back again in the dark, phew... I am 73 my hubby 80.  Well, we checked out the mirage, as our son passed through last year and recommended it but we couldnt get in, however on visiting we were amazed and jealous,  it is stunning angela the owner is lovely she showed us the studios. Beautiful, so we paid a deposit for next year as we loved arrillas. Cant wait now.

Offline mac1

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 11:36:49 PM »
You will have a wonderful time and will be well looked after, also no long tiring walks in the heat! the apartments just lovely, roll on next summer :)

Offline Dewinter

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 01:40:58 AM »
Hello, where/how did you book here? Can't book on booking.com and getting failures on emails

Offline mrsmac73

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 03:37:42 PM »
Hello dewinter, we popped into mirage to have a look around, on recommendation from our son,  so glad we did we looked inside apartments they are beautiful. Mirage is independent so we left a deposit for next year, I have also confirmed by email, which I had a reply to.

Offline Dewinter

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 06:27:41 PM »
Thanks mrsmac73. I will try emailing them again. They look really good on the web page but glad to hear they are like that in real life

Offline mac1

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 02:43:51 PM »
Hi
I booked via their website, just type in mirage arillas and it will come up, the website is excellent you get a tour round the complex. They email you back very quickly and you can pay your deposit by card. Good luck!!

Online jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 10:32:34 PM »
I have stayed there many times they are excellent do you happen to know what the prices are for next year from may to oct

Offline mac1

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 09:14:23 AM »
Sorry not sure about next year, we paid 700 euro for 2 weeks in July this year which we were really happy with as the studios are lovely and the complex itself is great.

Offline mrsmac73

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 09:26:03 AM »
Hi jackson, price for mirage next year, may to october is €250 per week which is brill. We left €100 deposit and the balance is paid on arrival.

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 10:47:26 AM »
Hi Jackson,  I'm not sure if the prices go up in high season but I have booked for end of may/beginning of june next year and it's €220 for 1 week :-)

Booking.com