Author Topic: Questions  (Read 8332 times)

Offline Dave Griffiths

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Questions
« on: February 12, 2006, 09:31:47 PM »
Hi folks could do with some information please, we have been to Corfu 6 times, 5 to San Stefonas in the 90s and once to Arillas last year (1st week in June) and enjoyed it so much we are trying to get a holiday for May for 2 weeks, so could you please let us know what the weathers like in May we are trying for between the 12th & 26th, also has anyone done the tour to Albania if so how long is it, how much is it, and is it good value for money.

Take care.
Dave.
I’ve skipped the light Fandango
Turned cartwheels `cross the floor
And seen the ceiling fly away.

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 01:15:41 AM »
Hello Dave,
Early May can be a bit mixed weather wise.Sally and i always go the first 2 weeks.At one time you could just get 2 days bad weather the whole fortnight,but the last couple of years its been very disapointing.Have not done the Albiana trip ourselves,though we have done the Paxos/Parga trip which takes a full day and is very tiring,gettting back about 2200 hrs,so would imagine that the Albainian one would be at least as long.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline carol2

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Questions
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 01:47:07 PM »
Hi Dave, the trips to Albania are a fairly new thing and last year when I enquired about going, our rep quietly reccommended that we didn't. One family from our apartments went and wished they hadn't. They apparently felt quite intimidated there and said there was not a lot to see or do. So if you are still thinking of going do ask the rep exactly what & where. Oh yes, they also said that once there you are on your own, there is nobody official there with you. Hope this has helped, Carol
Get the beers in!

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Questions
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 02:38:56 PM »
Hi Dave, get in touch with Viv on this forum as I know she and hubs went on the Albanian trip last year

Offline Dave Griffiths

Questions
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 03:49:56 PM »
Thanks all, been down to Thompson travel agent this morning and they have offered us Galini studios & Marvel hotel but they are asking £750, I  know Manos seems to be the cheapest to go with but I would like to think they had their transfer problems sorted out from last year, my wife says if we go with Manos and the same happens this year as last year then I am dead, anybody willing to recommend Manos and take the blame if things go wrong?.

Take care.
Dave.

Offline carol2

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Questions
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 08:37:25 PM »
Hi Dave, why not take the Manos option, if you do that you will save more than enough to get a taxi from the airport. The most you will pay is 50Euros, thats from flagging down a taxi at the airport, there is a taxi booking service on the local links page but they don't give a price. In the past we have always flagged   at the airport & have paid 50 euros whether there were 2 or 4 of us, why not see if anyone is willing to share with you, just an idea but you never know, everyone hates those transfers, Carol2
Get the beers in!

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Questions
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 11:16:11 PM »
Carol is correct get a taxi from the airport about 50 euros,just tell the Manos rep at the airport and you should have no problems,we did that last year,(Libra)The taxi rank is towards the left of the coaches as you come out of the Airport,but get a price from them first.
Harold,

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Questions
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 11:02:26 AM »
We go to the Galini in June for two weeks. We booked through Thomas Cook online and paid just £565 for the two of us for the two weeks which we thought was brilliant.  We have decided to see the rep to check how many stops they will make on the transfer but will most probably get a taxi from the airport as it is quicker.  The Galini do have a website and you can see their own tariff too and book a flight diy instead. They are very helpful.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline lynda

Questions
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 11:45:27 AM »
We travelled with Manos last year and it took approx one and a half hours on the coach- didn't really think we could complain at that.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
Questions
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 03:34:16 PM »
Hi Dave

Worth checking the price of booking over the internet, we made quite a saving doing it this way.  As previously said you could get a taxi with some of the money you save.   :lol:

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Dave Griffiths

Questions
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 07:01:50 PM »
Well once again folks thanks for all the information, I must say what a really helpful forum this is, well we have had a slight change of plan instead of going the middle 2 weeks in May we are now going to go out about the 5th June for 2 weeks, so no doubt I will be back on asking more questions thanks again.

Take care.
Dave.

Offline Stuart

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Questions
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 09:31:01 PM »
Quote from: harold
Carol is correct get a taxi from the airport about 50 euros,just tell the Manos rep at the airport and you should have no problems,we did that last year,(Libra)

Hi Harold

How long did the taxi journey take to Arillas?

Stuart
Stuart
Na Pate Kala

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
Questions
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 11:40:08 AM »
Hi Stuart

The taxi ride takes about 50-60 minutes.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Questions
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »
Hi Stuart,
depends on the driver,Last years about 40 minutes,though some have done it quicker (from the habour),you could make a milk shake lol.Last year's ride was not bad though.
Harold,

Offline Stuart

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Questions
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 09:50:46 PM »
Thanks for that.

So the choice is between a 45-60 minute (exciting) taxi ride or a 90-120 minute drive in one of those tight coach seats.   :?

Hmmmmmmm, guess the taxi sounds good to me - that way, you will have arrived, thrown your cases in the room and be sitting in a nice beachside taverna with a cold drink in hand, when the coach finally trundles into town.   8)

Stuart
Stuart
Na Pate Kala

Booking.com