Author Topic: Anniversary meal  (Read 4364 times)

Offline Yvonne K

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Anniversary meal
« on: August 07, 2014, 10:22:26 PM »
Hi All

During my long awaited (but only 3 weeks more to wait) holiday, we will be celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary.  I was wondering if there was anywhere special that anyone could recommend for a special night out.  We intend to try most of the places in Arillas and will obviously have a favourite by the end of the 2 weeks but our anniversary is during the early part of the first week so wont really have had much chance to work out where to go.
Thanks
Yvonne x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Anniversary meal
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 10:50:36 PM »
For me , who is not really a "Romantic" you understand......

1. You need the sea view
(Obviously there are many places without this perk but you will visit those during your stay)
2. You may want a different Mediterranean choice of meals that maybe move away from the usual enjoyable Greek cuisine.
3. You may want to lay on a special surprise and book the table plus "Your Surprise" during the day.

So.... unusual for me to give any tips , but , in this case try "Costas on the Beach"

Go and see Spiros first, book a table, and if , for example you have a specific bottle of wine, maybe all the way from the UK, or any other specials in mind, then just ask if Spiros will do the necessary.

Tell Spiros that Negg says he will look after you.

But... anywhere in Arillas , regardless of view and choice of cuisine, will welcome what ever personal celebrations you have in mind and will look after you well.

Negg ( And I am not a romantic!! )

Offline Yvonne K

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 11:11:29 PM »
Negg,

Your sea view is a hit, we usually stick to Greek food and most things alcoholic, whatever their origin sound good to us. 

You cracked me up with your unromantic story by the way - I dont believe a word of it.

Thanks for the suggestion
Yvonne
PS if there are any day time surprises I think he will have a coronary!  is it far to a cardiac unit there??

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 12:24:06 AM »
We spent our 36th anniversary in Arillas in 2008. We don't do surprises - we do everything together so opportunities are few! We went to Thalassa, on the sea front, but we did this because we have dear friends there. We pushed the boat out and still only spent 50 euros.... They are right next door to Kostas on the Beach, and I also reckon that these two are the most romantic and suitable for anniversary celebrations. We love both equally.

Just one thought - if you like easy listening music played by an acccomplished musician, and Yanni Goudelis is playing at Thalassa, you might have that extra dimension. But only on Thursdays I think. Even us old timers got a bit "in the mood" when we heard him during our recent stay....

Happy anniversary to you both
PhilnJen

Offline Yvonne K

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 12:35:47 AM »
Hi Phil,
Thanks for your suggestion, you may have won with the music ...our anniversary is on Thursday 4th.

Wherever we end up we are together and celebrating so many happy years.

Thanks again both
Yvonne x

Offline SteveL

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 09:41:18 AM »
All of the tavernas in Arillas are good, and the ones on the seafront obviously have the advantage of the special Arillas sunset.  Over the years that we have been visiting this part of the world we have tried most of them, and we have our favourites.
For a view to die for, and good food as well, Anemos restaurant in Afionas is worth a look.  You will need a taxi, but in our opinion it is well worth it.

(Other tavernas and restaurants are available, as they say).

Steve

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 11:21:34 AM »
If its warm and not windy, the best place must be the sun deck at the Horizon. If you tell Marinos that its a special occasion he will make sure you get special treatment. They often make birthday cakes for people who celebrate birthday's there.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 12:17:48 PM »
I agree with Terry I would plump for the Horizon if you want extra special without a doubt but only if the sun deck available. Seems a shame to me that the tables are tucked at the back now to make way for the seating area.

Offline emeralddragons

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 12:27:01 PM »
The Arillas sunsets are world famous (witness me writing from Finland)!
I must say that I can see no reason to stray away from Arillas for a romantic anniversary celebration.
The Horizon food is superb and the setting is beautiful, be it sun deck, restaurant or bar.
All the sea front restaurants can be recommended.
Having said that, I might add that I myself have celebrated an anniversary in Brouklis, off the sea front. We had told nobody, but I was treated as a princess! As always in Brouklis.
Emeralddragons

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 01:03:53 PM »
I agree that it has to be on the sea front watching the amazing sunset that Arillas has to offer. The hubby and I sat on the bench at the end of the jetty one evening eating a gyros pitta with a can of Mythos for me and Magners cider for him whilest watching the sunset! It was lovely and did feel quite romantic...would only recommend on a calm night though as you could get very wet!  On a serious note...the food will be great where ever you decide to go.
 Have a lovely anniversary evening!

Suzy x

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 01:06:52 PM »
I would say the horizon for a posh nosh. Their chocolate souffle is to die for, yum yum.

Karen

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 03:52:03 PM »

Horizon or Thalassa would be our choice, but do book beforehand and tell them what the occasion is and you will be treated as VIP's.

Val n Bill x
The love affair continues.

Offline Yvonne K

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 10:00:20 PM »
Thank you so much everyone - may have to celebrate all our next 5 anniversaries during our two weeks there.  Or..... come back for the next 5 years - what do you all think??

Yvonne

3 weeks today and counting - should be on the transfer coach up to Arillas

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 10:25:27 PM »
Yvonne go see spiros in thallasa and tell him what you want; he done us a seafood meze for our anniversary the other yr, king prawns , lobster the works absolutely fab yiammas

Booking.com