Author Topic: september  (Read 2152 times)

Offline summertime

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
september
« on: August 23, 2014, 08:40:09 PM »
hi myself and my boyfriend are arriving in september
just wondering will it be busy 2nd week of september or will it be quieting down. is the sea warm now and are the mosquitoes still as bad.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: september
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 11:29:04 PM »
Welcome summer. (Love your choice of name so I can say what I just did, "Welcome summer." I love summer in Arillas....)

Early September is likely to be hot and summery. But it could just be thunderstorms all week - you take your chances, like you do in UK.  But in the main, it is likely to see you sweating (or glowing if you subscribe to those who see it that way!)

Everything will be in full swing in second week of September. There will still be wonderful acts in the Coconut bar, and everywhere will be alive. It is a lovely time to be in Arillas. A bit cooler, a bit more laid back but plenty of opportunities to party, or just chill.

The mosquitos have been busy this year. Spray your feet, ankles and calves, and any bare skin with Jungle Formula  (50% DEET) and cover up in the evenings particularly. You are eating gorgeous Arillas food while they are eating you. Jen never gets bitten now with that regime but has suffered big-time in the past.

We often go to Arillas at the very end of Octomber. The sea is always very warm, but might be wild. In early September it is much warmer than early June. This July it was gloriously warm. Yous take your chances but may be lucky. It is never truly cold for all of the season.

Hope your experience is as good as you wish. Jen and I have now spent 11 months of last 12 years there with almost no complaints. Yammas

Phil

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 12:53:23 AM »
Hi Summer,

I wouldn't bother about those things.. just wait until you're both there, you'll see then. I doubt it will disappoint :-) It will be much better than the UK that's for sure so you're on to a winner regardless!

I have been wondering about what the weather is going to be like in October - I have only ever been away in July & August, so have no idea what to expect. I don't really mind though.. :-)

Rachel x

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 01:53:41 AM »
Are you going back in October? Spent the last week of October in 2010 and it was great! Planning a return this year end of September/October xxx
gaygo

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 03:31:30 AM »
Yes gaye, 8 - 12th for the Beer Festival :D

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 11:47:00 AM »
September is a little more laid back. we did the last two weeks last year and had fabulous weather throughout.
The sea is warmer than high season, and all places are still open. September seems to be a popular time to be in Arillas.
The HEAT of the summer has died a little and it is not as cool in the evenings as it is in May.
However this summer the weather has had a mind of its own and been a little unpredictable at times.

We have done May July September and October. we don't care if the sun shines or if there is rain.....ARILLAS spreads its own warmth Just enjoy it 

Booking.com