Author Topic: arillas 2014  (Read 26724 times)

Offline Tanaka

Re: arillas 2014
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 10:15:06 AM »
Here I am,
Past days I was on trip around Arillas and then on my way home.
First of all, I'm sorry for my didactic phrases, but I was writing on a mobile and it's not all that conmfort.

Jackson, it's I write very little on this forum but I read a lot, my first post is about 2wo years ago, when I totally fell in love with Arillas... and one of that post was in the Italian forum (Val n Bill: my english is very far to be so good, don't know wich kind of italian do you met since now... maybe they were greek...)

JohnTheRef&Dot: you got the point.I know that it's impossible to keep all, always clean; but I've loved Arillas becaus it was really clean and with very few people...this year I've found too much people, too much umbrellas on the beach and too much close each others (I know there's the far, free (nudist?) beaches, but on holidays I don't want to bring my own suncharis and umbrellas, I don't want to walk away from bars, *I don't want so many people around me and I don't want cigarettes buts around me*. Arillas in 2012 and 2013 has ALL the things that I want, but this year no, now Arillas its a cute greek village, no more a unique paradise.
This year we stayed at the Bakery Apartments (near Rainbow/Marvel): basically they have just one big defetct: the renter/owner doesn't live there; so, when you are on the beach, the house its empty with nobody to take a look. So someone forced a bad-closed blind and get in our room. I think (and it is ONLY my thought) that was someone (tourist or not) that well-known the house (and the blind that you cannot properly close) beacause from the road you cannot see almost nothing of the house.
In the end, I know that tourist can dirt a little the beach and Arillas people do their best to keep it clean; but when on a beach you see people (with the ashtray attached on their umbrella!!!) that smoked a cigarette, make a hole in the sand, put the butt in and cover it... and they speak greek!!! Even if they (maybe) also are tourist in Arillas, let me feel very downhearted :(

Paul D: I love the sea, always clean and clear, I love the sunsets and, only past two years, I've love the quiet, equipped, beach that made me feel ultra-relaxed (but this year no, I think just because umbrellas where too close and always you have someone yelling around).
Of course, I love many others things but you can find them all over the greece. I spend all my holydays in Greece since 2003, my sister live in Athens and I'm at her house 2 o 3 times a-year... I' can really say that I love Greece and the greek mood... )

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 02:05:22 PM »
Thanks for your reply, Tanaka.   I understand that you DO love Arillas and only want it to be, peaceful, restful, place to visit. That is what we all want.

Yammas,   Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 02:10:43 PM »

Tanaka, I apologise, writing in English and getting the phrasing right is a lot more difficult that speaking English. This I know from my many friends, I do applaud you because I myself could never write a letter in fluent Italian, perhaps I was just angry at your criticism of Arillas.

I still can not agree about your description of the beach though. This is because I myself have never found the beach in Arillas as you describe it. Yes people do leave litter, but your description and criticism seemed to me to be in the extreme.

I do hope that this topic will act as a reminder to anyone who HAS left litter on the beach to take their rubbish and put it in the many bins that have been provided along the beach front. 

The beach is a little wider this year and many of the tavernas have invested in their own nice sunbeds, this means that more visitors can use the beach in comfort.

The people of Arillas have invested large amounts of money and their own time this year to make Arillas as beautiful as it is. The village will only keep attracting visitors if it is well kept. The economic crisis that Greece is suffering has great impact on the islands and no government money means that lots of holiday resorts are suffering a downward spiral. The people of Arillas are doing their very best to stop the effect of this crisis ruining their village. 

I am very sorry that your holiday has been traumatised by the person who forced their way into your apartment, that must have been horrible to find. Please ask the owners to report this to the local police, and I do hope that you will keep returning to Arillas even though this year was not as wonderful as you expected to be.

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 04:16:18 PM »
This year I wholeheartedly found the beach to be absolutely spotless and the sunbed attendants were constantly raking the sand and ensuring any litter was picked up. Yes the main beach to the right of the jetty was very busy. Much more so than previous years and I didn't feel there was enough room for those who wanted to bring a mat. This is one of the reasons we head to the North beach, especially in the morning it is blissfully deserted.

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 07:58:34 PM »
Dear Tana Ka,
Thank you for being with us in our online community.
This is a web-site created from the people that love Arillas and like to be returning back year after year.....

You comments are much appreciated but....   What are you trying to achieve with this?   You have also been copying and pasting exactly  the same words on  the Arillas “facebook” profile?...

I live in Arillas and I know that the weeks you were visiting have been the busiest for the last 10 years!  The reason for this is explained at the previous posts...

I find your complains very  negative and much aggressive towards the community of Arillas.
Calling: rude and thieves  some kind of folk without determining, is something that can only bring others to the wrong conclusion that in Arillas you only meet thieves and rude people.

To be honest, Greeks and Italians are the loudest folk I know ( in the restaurants, beach, apartments etc) but it does not mean they are rude. It's their culture.

I personally do not lock my car or my motorbike, I have my windsurfing gear near the beach of Arillas without any locks or any king of security , I leave the doors open in my house, restaurant and storage house during the day ALL YEAR ROUND  ( please do not tell the thieves)
IF there had been any issues with such type of crime in Arillas we all cooperate with the police and deal with it directly.

By the way was there anything stolen in your apartment or you just had the impression that someone broke in?

If you feel unsafe in Arillas then what are you doing when you are in Italy?
Last time I crossed you country with an old Renault  I was peeing with one leg in the car as I did not want to leave it alone......

I would feel much better if the thieves broke in to my house once and take some money away than someone polluting my village's reputation resulting to a large loss of business.

That's for now...... 

Oh ! If there is anything good you can say about Arillas we would like to hear that too!!  ;)

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 08:22:34 PM »
well said, arillas has been my 2nd home since 2000, my 1st ever trip abroad, i fell in love with the area and people, from when i 1st came the village has got cleaner and cleaner,. eg. no dogs wandering around, the beach is cleared EVERY DAY. everybody welcomes you back like a long lost relative.
i have brought my sons over who also fell ion love with the area, and next year they are bringing there own families too.
the other year my husband hurt his leg and we was ran back and picked up from our apartment every night. thats how true the people of arillas are.
my 2nd trip to arillas someone tried to make out that they had been broken into, which was sus straight away, it turned out it was an insurance scam or trying to get everyone to do a whip round for them, funny how they didnt want to report it to the police.
keep up the good work in arillas we love the village and people of arillas you all do a brillient job.

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 09:27:35 PM »
Dimitris i'm with you 100% as I said before never had a problem arillas is great and so are the people full stop!

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 09:35:45 PM »
Well said boss , see you next year as usual yiammas

Offline dylan

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 09:59:13 PM »
Good for you Dimitris! constructive criticism is fine, and helps everyone improve, pasting and copying on to facebook, seems excessive! I suppose everyone has to have their five minutes of fame, or is it infamy? My English is not to good! My Italian is non-existent I'm afraid!

Arillas may not be perfection, but its the nearest I have ever seen! and I have been searching long enough!

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 10:19:23 PM »
Very well said Dimitris, especially like "peeing with one leg in my car" :D

There is and never will be, anywhere I would rather go abroad than Arillas, hoping to get back next year

Sharon x

Offline dylan

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 10:36:04 PM »
these negative comments are also on the Arillas Beach Facebook site!
I wonder where else! will keep searching!
Nice pic of Tana Ka, as well, you are a big lad, for your age!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 10:50:54 PM »
Tanaka

Come back to Arillas and tell me before you arrive. Sit with me for an afternoon and then all will be fine.

Your ears will be in pain and your body will say "No More Alcohol" , but together we will make everything OK and when Arillias Forum friends walk past we will drag them off the street to join in our conversation.

I am a nice "Egg" really. (Unless a brand new Mercedes comes towards me in the middle of the road!)

Be well all

Negg

Offline Chris G

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2014, 12:20:26 AM »
That old saying just about covers this topic, "you can please some of the people some of time but not all of the people all of the time". Arillas as far as we are concerned pleases 100% of the time roll on next summer.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 12:29:49 AM »
Very well said, Chris G...couldn't agree more! It certainly pleases us 100% all of the time!

Suzy x

Offline Tanaka

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2014, 10:16:53 AM »
Dimitris, the facts is that three people discover Arillas in 2012 and love it so much; they return in 2013 and love it more; they return also in 2014 (with more 2 people) and find it really worsened.
Top of all we get thief in our room. "Thief" it means drowers overturned, clothes and things throwed all around, window opened, all lights on... and a wallet full of money, passport, driving license, credit cards, etc disappeared. It's not a my impression, it's.a.wallet.stolen. From the closed house!!!
What I'm trying to achieve in writing on THIS forum? (I could write in many other places, even only in Italian and Arillas will get only a damage... and it's not my intention)
First of all to discover if I was lucky the past 2wo years (and Arillas is always like this year) or if 2014 is only the first year of a brand new touristic course or if we was only so much unlucky... I was trying to give voice to all the things that this year I've don't liked in Arillas (in addition of the theft)... maybe someone like you have the occasion to talk to Arillas citizens and bring the voice also of the tourist that don't return year after year (why? Maybe for them Arillas is not so well).
Instead of it, what I get? People who tells me liar; people who offend me as italian; people who says I'm in searching of fame; people that's trying chasing in my life; people that minimize things I've seen. *to me* cigarette's butts on the beach means a DIRTY beach (even if they're few) and people who put them in the sand it's RUDE people. This year I've found too much of them to let me say the beach was clean. stop.
Are you afraid that just ONE post of people unsatisfacted of his holydays could corrupt your perfect forum? Well delete it... I'll not follow the discussion no more.
I'm gonna to delete also all the post in facebook.
P.S. Negg. I thank for your offer: writing this post (from a mobile: that's why cut and paste) in 2 or 3 different places it was specially made for talk, live!, with someone when I was in Arillas... sorry, It's 2wo days that I'm back home.

Booking.com