Author Topic: arillas 2014  (Read 26719 times)

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
Re: arillas 2014
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2014, 01:25:03 PM »
Oh dear something has really upset this lady this year,it seems that the whole holiday was a cataolgue of disasters!. Was the 'theft' reported to the police?
Karen

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2014, 03:54:28 PM »
I KNOW I will upset the whole forum posting this but I really feel for Tanaka here.
I just think that Tanaka's very upset with being robbed to be honest and I have a feeling we all would be! Then logic sometimes goes out of the window and perhaps things are posted in "inappropriate" places and people start taking things personally?
I have tried to say before on here in the past (I think), its ok saying that you don't need to lock your doors in Arillas and you can walk safely at night alone as a single woman in Arillas etc etc BUT at the end of the day anyone can walk into Arillas at any time and commit a crime.
It could be a fellow holidaymaker (from any country) , a refugee , a vagrant ANYONE at all.........
I have had disagreements before about this subject matter when I used to go to Anaxos every year in (Lesvos), and the same was said about there , how NOTHING could possibly go wrong. Well it did when a lady and her husband were "approached" in a violent manner by some Albanians on scooters and basically asked to hand over their money.
I am just trying to even the argument up a bit here thats all, theres not a place on the planet where you can be 100% sure of your personal safety and that of your belongings .............
That all said we will be returning as a family of 8 (ranging from 19 months to 78!) next year so I think that explains our feelings towards the place. I feel as safe as I do anywhere in Arillas .......
I may be playing Devils Advocate here and end up regretting this post BUT its posted now

Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2014, 04:43:56 PM »
Good post. Carl you are a Devil indeed and a better advocate.
(And I thought Advocate was a yellow eggy drink!)

Never be complacent on holiday. I seem to remember an advert, once, which said.......

........"Even thieves go on holiday!!"

Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2014, 06:12:51 PM »
Its a HORRIBLE drink mate !!!!!  lol
Thanks for the post  :-)

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2014, 06:28:46 PM »
Good post Truth. I and no doubt many other users of this forum know locals and Brits with properties in Arillas who have been broken into or had something stolen. Also I think if you have something stolen while you are on holidays the extra inconvenience makes it seem worse.

Having said that I do feel safer and much less likely to be a victim of crime while in Arillas than when at home, or in most other places.

As for Arillas being dirty I suppose it's a matter of degrees. My pet hate is the amount of abandoned brollies and mats left to rot on the beach, together with the cigarette butts left on the beach which must be worse in August though I'm certain this is despite not because of the locals who do work hard to keep Arillas clean. Bladdy tourists!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2014, 10:19:02 AM »
Cheers Dai.
It's impossible to keep a beach entirely clean when you have debris being washed up from sea constantly but Arillas is as clean a beach I have seen.
Pefkos beach was mainly made up of fag butts with a bit of sand mixed in ! Lol

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2014, 10:01:11 AM »
Pefkos beach was mainly made up of fag butts with a bit of sand mixed in ! Lol

:D :D :D
Life is good ;)

Offline pussinflipflops

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2014, 10:35:01 PM »
Beach is clean..water Clear as a bell....whole village super smart...however........

Today on the beach next to me was a Greek Mother with 2 Young kids who spent most of the day on her mobile loudly chainsmokeing..and yep....in the sand the butts went...someone who should have known better. !!  Its not just foreigners who create mess.

Go on..shoot me for saying it.  (I'll be under the brolly over there)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2014, 10:39:51 PM »
who spent most of the day on her mobile loudly chain smoking

You are very lucky. I Have yet to see a "chain smoking" mobile phone! (Loud or quiet)

Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2014, 03:24:18 PM »
Brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-)

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2014, 06:25:38 PM »
News of a break-in is terrible, but I can't comment. Were the police informed? Not sure if I missed the earlier reply to that.

As for the busy bit. This year was the first time we have visited in August (normally late June) and we didn't really see it was any more crowded. Yes I noticed the sunbeds were shoe-horned in around the pier area which isn't to my taste, but we thought the beach was as clean as we have ever seen it and the water lovely.

Again, a break-in is terrible, but how many times have you heard on the news someone saying "you don't expect that around here" Things can happen anywhere people are.

Gary

Booking.com