Author Topic: arillas 2014  (Read 26715 times)

Offline Tanaka

arillas 2014
« on: August 24, 2014, 09:45:52 AM »
Arillas 2014: Crowded & dirty beach, (plastic, cigarettes...) rude greek people & thieves. Where is the place I loved the last 3 years??? :-/

Offline Ray and Sally

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: arillas 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 11:09:01 AM »
My wife and I have just read this post and we are sitting here totally confused. We came back from a fantastic two weeks in Arillas just a week ago and all twelve of us in our group had a superb holiday, not one of us experienced any of the things you mention. The beach was cleaned every morning, the Greek people were very friendly and welcoming as they always are, and as for thieves, we have been visiting the Greek islands for twelve years now including six visits to Corfu and we have never ever seen or heard of anything like that.

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 11:12:46 AM »
That's funny, I experienced nothing of the sort in my 2 weeks there very recently.

Tanaka, maybe you can elaborate?!  2 sentences, I feel, is not enough to explain what you have experienced and where exactly

Rachel

Offline Ray and Sally

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 11:14:17 AM »
Could you be confusing those Greek people with Italians?

Offline Vaughan & Angie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 11:18:27 AM »
We arrive in Arillas on 8 September, ordinarily reading a post like that would have us deeply troubled.  But, after 6 prior visits to a clean and crime free village, we are not bothered one jot.  As for crowded, well done Arillas for attracting so many followers.  We cannot wait.

V&A

Offline Tanaka

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 12:45:18 PM »
Maybe they clean  beach in the morning (But i've never seen it clean), but at noon arrives greek for two hours and they dirt everything (I'm italian and I speak greek: I know the differences)...oh, if you don't mind of  cigarettes and plastic stoves all around, the beach is clean  :-(
I  come in greece 2or3 times at year (my sister live there) since 11years and the last 3 in arillas: never felt so bad like now.
For the thieves: forced a blind of the studio in daytime and throw everything around: Arillas were the first place in  greece (after 11 years!!!) Where i felt unsafe.
 Today in ag georgios... at least the beach is clean....

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 03:07:15 PM »
Do not get this at all I'm totally sceptical about this.I have been coming to arillas since 1997 no problems WHATSOEVER,I notice that this is only the fourth post they have submitted and I'm sorry I just don't believe this is true.I have friends there as I write and they have said that it is as good as allways and that is good enough for me!

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 04:15:16 PM »
Which studios Did you stay at?

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 05:55:49 PM »

Although your English is good......it is not spoken like any Italian that I know.
You say you are Italian and speak Greek but I for one doubt that you are speaking the truth.

I have been coming to Arillas at different times of the year since 2002 and have never found the beach at any time of the day as you have described it.
The love affair continues.

Offline Chris12

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 06:01:14 PM »
We have been coming to arillas now for 6 years and we have not found the beach or area to be dirty so I don't believe this is true either. This is the safest place we have found on any of our holidays.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 06:30:53 PM »
I can only speak from experience of the 11 months I have spent in Arillas. Some flaws, yes. But to describe it as rude, dirty and criminal does not compute in my book. Everyone has bad experiences wherever they go. But on average, Arillas provides much less of these than anywhere else. I have been all over the world, but in older age now I choose Arillas for exactly those reasons. It is welcoming, clean, and safe.

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 07:41:22 PM »
Yer know , Guys........

Recently Wegg dug up some super spuds and we store them for many meals.

Just occasionally we get one that looks a little mouldy and sits around all the others, that are waiting to be enjoyed, but hoping to put that little maggot into our enjoyment
(It's a dodgy spud. It offends us. So we remove it and ignore it)

It ends up where it should belong, to create extra compost for next year.
We forget about it........... and
........... our potato "plantation" continues as we expect it to be.

Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 08:41:59 PM »
Opinion noted Takana... Can you be sure that your Hosts (the Greek people) were the cause of what seems to be a break in at your apartment's (Kokkinos) ?.
The beach is a major part of the attraction of Arillas and to my knowledge is kept clean and as tidy as possible.
Perhaps you have come across an area where someone had left something that was not acceptable, however this cannot be the responsibility of the people of Arillas.
The people of Arillas do their utmost to ensure the beach and surrounding area is as tidy as possible.
People who show little respect for the areas they have frequented may well be the problem in this case.
Most places in the world have problems with litter that is unacceptable and if you were at home I'm sure you would find something that causes you concern. It is easy to jump up and shout about something you find unacceptable but give your hosts a chance to put thing right. It's not possible to be litter police 24/7.
Hope you enjoy your stay in Arillas 

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 08:49:05 PM »
Agree, John. Give the opportunity to make it right.

Those of us who have been, know there are some small, minor niggles and irritations.  What can people expect, though? That can happen anywhere. Nowhere is perfect.
 Tanaka has a view and we should respect that. We all must call it as we see it. Speak as you find....but what did you enjoy Tanaka?

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 10:26:54 PM »

(It's a dodgy spud. It offends us. So we remove it and ignore it)

It ends up where it should belong, to create extra compost for next year.
We forget about it........... and
........... our potato "plantation" continues as we expect it to be.

Negg

enough said, ignore this post for the "dodgy spud" it is meant as.  The more posts on it the more it is seen, leave it to rot, obviously posted by someone trying to upset people.

Sharon x

Booking.com