Author Topic: EASYJET CABIN LUGGAGE - ADVICE PLEASE?  (Read 4636 times)

Offline DaisysMum

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
EASYJET CABIN LUGGAGE - ADVICE PLEASE?
« on: September 01, 2014, 09:34:30 AM »
Off to Arillas this evening on the Bristol easyjet flight.  Never flown with them before but I recall reading on here how strict they are on their cabin luggage sizes.

I have one case on wheels that fits all of the size requirements, so should not be a problem.

My other bag is more of a beach bag/weekend bag with small handles which when held out straight are over the size requirements, when standing, the handles lay flat on the bag.   Will this be ok or will the bag be considered outside of the limits?

Grateful for any advice please?

Thanks
Becky

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
Re: EASYJET CABIN LUGGAGE - ADVICE PLEASE?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 09:59:39 AM »
If you are planning on taking two bags as cabin baggage I think you'll have a problem. I've never tested it but they seem quite strict "easyJet allows ONE item of cabin baggage per passenger."

If you just take your wheeled case and it complies with the size limits you shouldn't have a problem.

Offline DaisysMum

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 10:02:57 AM »
Hi Dai

There are two of us travelling, I should have made that clear.

Thanks
becky

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 10:31:51 AM »
Ah right, if it's only the handles, which fold down are beyond the limits I don't think you'll have a problem. I've used easyjet many times and have seen some people with quite big bags on board. Personally I always have hold luggage and only use a small rucksack as cabin baggage so that may be why I've never had my hand luggage checked.

I'm sure from your description your bags will be ok but there may be others on the forum who have more experience with largish cabin bags.

Have a great time in Arillas

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 10:46:52 AM »
I can confirm what Dai says - if the handles lay flat on the bag you will be OK. They have a frame into which your bag must fit - obviously when you put it into the frame the handles will lie down flat so "it fits". The reference to handles in their size description refers to the rigid handles that pull out so you can pull the bag along on its wheels.
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline DaisysMum

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 11:34:12 AM »
Thank you so much Dai and Geoff -

Becky

Offline KarenL

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 08:50:19 PM »
When we flew with EasyJet in May/June, whilst they were quite lax with cabin baggage on the way out, in Corfu they were going along the queue waiting to board rigorously enforcing the "one bag" rule - even if the second bag was only small - and measuring everything that was even close to the limits ... including being picky about wheels and handles.  So beware ... just because your cabin baggage going out is OK, it may not be coming back!  (our bags were fine ... but the annoyance was in holding everyone up when the flight was already slightly late ... and it wasn't even full so space wasn't an issue!)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 03:19:04 AM »
Karen thanks for that info although I have to say, in our many years of coming to Corfu we probably could have smuggled a truckload of 'illegals' into the country for all the 'thorough' checks (not) haha. Always make me chuckle when we get the "yeh yeh..go through.." wave when we go through passpirt control from the runway.

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 03:52:19 PM »
We flew from Doncaster last year to Corfu they weighed our hand luggage. First time that has been done. Fortunately we were forewarned as normally try and put all the heavy stuff in hand luggage. We flew from Manchester in July and they did not weigh it but did put a  Thomas Cook label on it.

Offline AJC51

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 04:50:57 PM »
Hi Becky
We have flown to several destinations with Easyjet including Corfu with only hand luggage and only had a problem once, when the flight was full short flight Gatwick to Toulouse. They had asked for volunteers to have luggage put in hold. As our bags were smaller than the old size 56cm x 45cm x 25cm but bigger than the new size they just put them in the hold at the gate no charge. This flight had virtually no cargo hold luggage we only had to wait 10 minutes to collect them. The new smaller size is 50cm x 40cm x 20cm and is guaranteed in cabin. Sal always has a very small handbag that goes across her chest big enough for kindle passports purse and phone but fits under a sweater or fleece.
Hope this helps .

Al Sal & Becs 

Booking.com