Author Topic: EMPTY BEACH!?!?!  (Read 13134 times)

Offline chrissinibs

EMPTY BEACH!?!?!
« on: May 13, 2004, 11:41:39 PM »
I'm getting worried now, why is the beach empty, where is everyone?  It doesn't look like it's warm enough to sunbathe yet and we're going on the 24th. I keep checking the 5 day forcast for Corfu and it looks quite stormy.  Please tell me a few days can make all the difference.  I wish the web cam picture had a daily temperature guide.  Has anyone else been to Arillas at this time of year before, we usually go in July.  Still looking forward to it, only 10 days to go!

Chrissi xxx

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
EMPTY BEACH!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 06:00:21 AM »
we went last year at this time
the first week was really warm but 2nd week was so hot.
no cardigans on lol.
im flying out on the 24th also.
which airport you going from?
where are you staying?
sorry being nosey now hehe
sue 8)  :D

Dimitris1

Re: EMPTY BEACH!?!?!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 09:30:04 AM »
Quote from: chrissinibs
 I wish the web cam picture had a daily temperature guide.  Has anyone else been to Arillas at this time of year before, we usually go in July.  Still looking forward to it, only 10 days to go!

Chrissi xxx

Thank you for your comments chrissi, the weather has not been behaving for this beggining of May, It can only get better, however , I have just updated the webcam index with some corfu weather information,
I'm trying to get my own weather station in Arillas and offer real weather reports from our little village.
any comments about this or sugestions are always welcome,

best regards,
Dimitris

Offline chrissinibs

EMPTY BEACH!?!?!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 09:54:15 PM »
Isn't Dimitris clever!  It's great having the temperature thingy on the site. In answer to your questions Sue, we are flying form Manchester and stopping at the Mathraki appartments, just hope it gets nice and hot by then.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
EMPTY BEACH!?!?!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 10:22:01 AM »
Hi everyone

We always go about the 21st may and have always had excellent weather.  Looking at the web cam that might change this year but as long as it's not raining we can get out and about.  

Think I will pack a couple of warm tops just incase  :cry:  Going to start my packing today as I've probably forgot to buy all the essentials and may need to go and spend more money  :shock: .

Jill
Jill XXX

Weather
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2004, 07:18:44 PM »
We are just back from Arillas.  We had a lovely time there although the weather wasn't so hot.  We had a lot of wind, and some rain, that is why there is no-one sunbathing on the beach.  It didn't spoil our holiday, all the people are lovely and friendly, and we will go back there again.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
EMPTY BEACH!?!?!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2004, 07:40:45 PM »
Hi Guest

Was it still warm though, I don't mind a bit wind as long as it's not cold.  
Please tell me I don't need to take my winter woolies  :(
It will be great any way to see all out mates there, can't wait.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Pete E

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
EMPTY BEACH!?!?!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 11:13:03 AM »
I know this thread is almost a year old now but to follow on from the comment about including a temperature chart with the webcam you might want to check out this website that I have also come across which has a webcam focused on a thermometer:

http://www.agni.gr

Don't worry, Dimitris, I still prefer your website, but I think this feature is pretty good and maybe something you could consider introducing sometime?

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Webcam & temperature
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 03:13:36 PM »
Hi pete,
thank you for your nice comments.
The agni website is one of the best travel-guide- websites in Greece.
The feature with the thermometer is very simple and very effective,
Nathat is doing a very good Job promoting our Island and I do not like to start a competition with him. as you can see I have a link of his website on my link's page anf he also reccomments my website to his "web guests".
I have some ideas about our website in Arillas but as long as we do not have broadband connection in our area, there will be many thinks that I can not provide in arillas.com.
Nathan has a webcam server that does all the job automaticly.
I actually take the time and go to the beachfront, take a picture then I go back to my Taverna and I post the picture on the website.
This is the charm of it.! Many of my friends say that this is a lot more real
than a mashine which takes pictures every two minutes.

looking forward to seeing you in Arillas,

Dimitris  :arrow: :wink:

<<IVAN WHERE IS THE QUOTE OF THE WEEK?>>
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Pete E

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
EMPTY BEACH!?!?!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 07:13:02 PM »
Hi Dimitris

I'm very sorry if I have offended you - certainly not my intention. I too don't think you need to be in competition with Nathan as you are both doing very different things with your websites - and I am an avid fan of your daily photo! I hadn't realised that you had provided a link to the Agni site already.

I also didn't realise you were on a dial up connection rather than broadband - that must make managing the site even more hard work than I had realised. Are there plans to bring broadband to Arillas?

Looking forward to meeting you too

Pete

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
hi
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 02:17:02 PM »
Hi peter,
You did not offend me at all. I just had to say all these thinks, as many people may not know about it.
I really like any recommendations and criticising about the website. It is the only way to help improvement.

Some times I try to update thinks on the website and I realise that the whole think crashes and I get very upset and then I remember the words of my very good friend Ivan: " do not try to fix something which is not broken"

See you soon,

Dimitris

Oh abou the plans of  broadband in Arillas the answer is that there are no plans for the near future as the local population is not more than 500 people perhaps I can get a web cam that works over a mobile GPRS connection. For more info you can see my dream’s webcam here http://www.webcamstore.com/professional/applications/tourism.php
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Booking.com