Author Topic: Thomas Cook airlines  (Read 16137 times)

Offline Joyce

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Transfers
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 11:35:19 AM »
I always book with Manos and the transfer is usually a nightmare.  My very first time to Arillas was the worst.  My daughter and I went on the coach which went to Sidari first - because our plane had been delayed the coach driver decided he didn't want to go to Arillas so we were dumped in Sidari - then had to wait for the rep to find us a taxi.  Waited around for about an hour for a taxi which then dumped us at the wrong accommodation (because it was our first time we had no idea we were in the wrong place).  The rep in Arillas then loaded us into the car of one of the local drunks!!!!! who then drove us to the right accommodation.  Not a great start but not bad enough to put us off going back to Arillas.

We usually check with the rep on arrival whether or not Arillas will be the first stop.  If not, we don't hesitate to get a taxi.  On the return trip - we always get a taxi (it usually gives us an extra hour or two in Arillas) - and it cuts down the time we have to wait outside Corfu airport waiting to get in.  Always check with the rep what the arrangements are - a couple of times we have had taxis arranged for us by the rep (if there are only a few of us going to Arillas)- paid for by Manos - that is always good news.

Good luck with your transfers!!!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Thomas Cook airlines
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 12:42:57 PM »
That was very helpful.  Our minds are definately made up now!  Taxi it is  :lol:
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Thomas Cook airlines
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 07:56:37 PM »
Think we might opt for a taxi as well.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Thomas Cook airlines
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 08:50:38 PM »
The taxi companies will be raking it in if the tour companies dont do something about the long transfers on the coaches.  The last thing anyone feels like is a 3-4 hour coach journey after a long flight.  I would rather give my money to the locals I think. Just have to save up a bit more for taxi fares - Dont want to touch my 'sherbert' fund! :lol:
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
thomas cook
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2006, 02:24:40 PM »
got back 19 may seats very cramped no legroom cabin staff not very polite and as usual terrible in flight meal.plus delay of 1.5 hrs outbound from east mids

Offline Yvonne

Thomas Cook airlines
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2006, 09:47:03 PM »
Outbound 12/5/06 Thomas Cook early start......long day (cabin crew all looked like they had lost a winning lottery ticket)  just a tad stressed on arrival at Corfu airport and for the first time ever in all the years of flying i left a bag on the plane  :evil:  after many calls and speaking to numerous Thomas Cook reps "The bag is never to be seen again" ........ :cry:

I was told by the rep at the airport on departure 19/5/06 that the "lost property office" is only open if there is a plane coming in  :?:

It seems that there is no "system" for idiots like me who leave just a bag but there is if a Passport, Wallet/Purse or Tickets are left behind.... they will be ruturned to the UK on the same flight.

One thing for sure i wont be so absent minded in the future (a mistake to learn by  :oops:  )

Yvonne x
Love to talk to people who have enjoyed Arillas as much as i have.  :-)

Offline Lisa Woodcock

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • www.myspace.com/lisawoodcock
Thomas Cook airlines
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 08:51:43 AM »
Hi Yvonne

For security reasons all items found on flights now have to be returned to the UK.

They will be left with Thomas Cook's ground handling agents which I believe are Aviance. If you contact the airport from which you departed and ask to be put through to them they maybe able to help with your lost bag!

Good luck, it's horrid when things like that happen!

Offline Lisa Woodcock

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • www.myspace.com/lisawoodcock
Thomas Cook airlines
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 09:23:33 AM »
Just discovered Thomas Cook use Servisair at Gatwick, and would imagine this is your closest airport so you may have flown from there?

If so try this number + 44 (0) 1293 503162

L x

Offline Yvonne

Thomas Cook airlines
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 10:51:19 PM »
Hi Lisa

Thanks for that Thomas Cook do use Servisair and the number is correct i went to the lost property office when i arrived back on 19/5/06 no joy im afraid and a friend had phoned every day untill i came home then i tried again still no joy........  :roll:

Looks like someone took a fancey to the contents  :twisted:

Will just have to put it down to an experience i dont want to repeat  :cry:

Yvonne x
Love to talk to people who have enjoyed Arillas as much as i have.  :-)

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
Thomas Cook airlines
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 01:06:16 PM »
HI I'm new here :)

We're flying out with Thomas Cook very early on 26th June, but I think the actual airline is Monarch.

This forum has been so helpful - we're definitely going to flag down a taxi ! :)

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
Hi
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 01:56:31 AM »
Hi 'Lozicle'.  Welcome! Have you been to Arillas before?  Where are you staying

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
re t cooke
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 09:47:26 AM »
Not so sure about Thomas cooke using Monarch.They have there own aircraft..has anyone booked with TC & flown Monarch?

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Thomas Cook airlines
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 11:08:08 AM »
Yes we did about 4 yrs ago when we were going to Futerventura.Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
Re: Hi
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2006, 01:47:26 PM »
Quote from: Jo Wissett
Hi 'Lozicle'.  Welcome! Have you been to Arillas before?  Where are you staying

Hi there :)

I have been to arillas but it was many many years ago. I'm 23 now so I only have childhood memories of it, but they are enough to spark a craving to return and take my fiance for him to see :)

We're staying at the Makris apts - a way away from all the action but that's how we like it!

Flying out the 26th June and I cannot wait !!!

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
Re: re t cooke
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2006, 01:51:16 PM »
Quote from: kes
Not so sure about Thomas cooke using Monarch.They have there own aircraft..has anyone booked with TC & flown Monarch?

We booked with Thomas Cook, who in turn used Manos as the agent and we've been told we're flying with monarch.

Makes me dread to think all the middleman charges. Next time I think we'll try and book accomodation direct and just book a flight. Does anyone else do this ?

Booking.com