Author Topic: Arillas 2015...is it your first visit? Is there anything you would like to know?  (Read 25960 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Well folks it's that time again. Christmas is done and dusted, the decs are almost put away...time to look forward to sunnier climes and a week/fortnight of relaxing bliss. Whether that may be lounging on a beach and partaking in the occasional cocktail (or 3) - check...or checking out the local scenery. Please ask us regular visitors if there is anything that you would like to know more about? Please ask away and we will (try) to give unbiased views on all matters Arillas xx

Offline cathovo

hi its our first visit in august really nervous as its a new place xxx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Please don't be nervous....Arillas is such a relaxed and friendly place and the locals so welcoming and helpful that you will soon feel at home. Beautiful beach, loads of good tavernas serving excellent food; quiet bars, lively bars.....something for everybody. You will love it. I am of course slightly biased.....will be back for the 23rd year this summer.
Sandy x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC

Arillas is the sort of place where everyone feels at home, our first visit was 2002....we have been to lots of other places too but Arillas is the only place we return to again and again.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
This will be a useful thread to the people visiting for the first or second time.
As for us Regulars Information is what we are good at offering, and amongst us we should be able to point you in the right direction.

For a first visit be warned.........
THIS PLACE HAS A MAGIC THAT WILL DRAW YOU BACK

Have a fantastic time and just go with the flow.
ARILLAS has a habit of delivering the goods 

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
It isn't our first visit to Arillas but was wondering if it is still possible to do the cliff path walk to San Stephanos and to be able to stop off at either of the two amazing tavernas on the way and back?

Suzy X

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC

Yes the path was diverted in the early summer, and is now much safer to walk.

The only thing is.... where it was crumbling along the edge there have been a couple of landslides on to the north beach, so if you use that beach be careful where you put your sunbed.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Stories of near misses last year. Val's advice is very important.

For walkers a really nice day out is to follow the diverted route, call in at Gravia bar, then up to Akrotiri. Views just unelievable. Die-hards might then walk down into San Stef.

Phil

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Really pleased that we're still able to do the cliff path walk even though the route has been diverted, obviously for safety reasons. I'm especially pleased that we are still able to stop off at the Gravia and Akrotiri tavernas...both fantastic places to eat and drink and as previously said...spectacular views! Thanks for that info.
Thank you also for the safety advice if we're on the beach below the area with the landslides!
Sounds scary!I hope they don't need to put those safety barriers there as it will spoil the look  but I'm sure they will do what they have to do. Sometimes we just need to use our common sense and simply don't sit directly under that particular spot!

Suzy X

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Does anyone know if the Corfu brewery is still open to the public for tours on Tuesdays and to buy their goods on Saturday mornings?

Suzy x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
The brewery was open last summer for its usual tours.
We have called into the office and just asked to purchase things like T shirts and they have been more than happy to help us.

Best to ask about the tours though as you may need to book a place. 

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Suzy, last year the tours took place on a Saturday between 11.30 - 1.30 (could be slightly different times).  Goodies can still be purchased on a Saturday, including the beers at 1 euros per bottle - an absolute bargain!  Of course, you can still pop in and make purchases at any time during the brewery opening hours.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Thanks for the replies regarding the Corfu brewery. Loved it when we were there in 2013 but didn't have enough money on me to buy a tee-shirt (hubby spent all the cash on the extremely cheap beers to stock up the fridge at Kaloudis appartments!)So I'm really pleased that they still sell them.
I remember walking the road way (perfectly safe!) to the brewery...only took about 20 mins from Kaloudis appartments and before it opened we stopped at a taverna for a coffee...hubby had an ouzo which was really cheap! I can't remember the name of the place...can anyone help? The owner had a beautiful baby daughter about 6 months old. There was a dartboard in the bar area which looked well used!. We were going to return one evening as they were such lovely people(then again...everyone is in Arillas!) but we never got round to it. Anyway we shall definitely drop in again this year and it would be lovely if we saw their beautiful daughter again...although about 2 and a half now...I think?
Does anyone know if the same family are still there?

Suzy X

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Yes Suzy the family are still there and in fact they now have another baby now!  The bar is called Nikoletas and like you it's one of our favourite places to while away a couple of hours.  There is always something new to see as the owner(s) are always working away adding new features and prettifying the premises.  Quite a bit work was being done as we left last October.  
Toasted sandwiches and chocolate cake are now offered for nibbles, but you can always pop in to their little supermarket next door - they don't mind you buying one of the giant donuts to enjoy with your coffee!

Here are a few photos to keep you going until your next visit...

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
That's the place Eillen!
Thank you so much for the lovely photos. It looks even better than I'd remembered it. Also what lovely news to hear that they now have another addition to their beautiful family. It looks so tranquil...looking forward to August!

Suzy X

Booking.com