Author Topic: Arillas 2015...is it your first visit? Is there anything you would like to know?  (Read 25952 times)

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Sorry I spelt your name wrong Eileen!

Suzy X

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
I am confused! Is this near (gorgeous) George's supermarket??

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Jo, I think it is just beyond the junction at top of the hill (the one down to San Stef.) Past Christos on the left and Kostas Supermarket on the right, and on the route to the brewery. Jen and I have sat in there a couple of times in the days we always stayed with Alex Sgouros, which is just before Christos. That's if I am right of course!

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
You're spot on Phil
On the corner as you turn off towards San Stephanos

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
Near the petrol station?

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Sorry for the late reply...first day back at work today and only been home about an hour. Regarding the lovely photos that Eileen kindly posted,I think the taverna is quite near to a petrol station but not 100% sure? Everyone one else is spot on as it is definitely on a the junction that Phil mentioned and across the road(opposite) there were some appartments with a pool and a bit further down was a  supermarket. I can remember turning left at Ammourada's taverna and we just continued up the road until we arrived at the brewery which wasn't yet open so we visited this particular taverna which we had passed on the way. It's almost next door to the brewery and such a lovely find it was!
Lots of little birds fly around under the vines...so sweet. We will definitely return in August...Hope they are open in the evenings too?

Suzy x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
On the corner before the petrol station, where you turn left to San Stef.
Sandy x

Offline Linsey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Hello,

We are back in Arillas for our 5th time in July. When it was just myself and my husband we used to walk the cliff top path towards San Stephanos. We now have a 4 year old in tow and would like to walk up to Akrotiri to see the sunset but was just wondering how safe it is to walk back down the path after dark or is there another safer route?

Thanks

Linsey

Offline BAJ

Hello all, our first stay in Arillas will be July 23rd at Bardis sun studios with our two teenage daughters.
We are wanting to hire a car for 4/5 days, are there any recommendations for hire cars in the village? Thank you Brian

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Hello BAJ and welcome to the forum. We'll be seeing you there - we're at Bardis Sun Studios from 10th until 31st July. Can help you with a bit of local knowledge.

There are choices for car hire, but our local Arillas Cars, run by the lovely Krasaki family (son Theo is the main man...) has a well earned reputation for value and service. Can point you in the right direction when you arrive.

Best wishes
Phil

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
Hi Lyndsey. Although the cliff walk is easy and safe enough during the day I definitely wouldn't try it in the dark and that's without a toddler! We usually coincide an eve visit if we hire a scooter or a car for the odd day. Nikon usually does nights with live music and they are magical (if usually a tad busy to say the least!) oh and see you in the marinaki :))

Offline hippopotandmouse

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Lindsey, Jo is right, I wouldn't do the cliff path after dark.
However, you can walk the road way back.....its lit all the way, but no pavements, so just keep hold of little one's hand.
To come back down the road, when you get to Gravia Bar, take the road to the left of the bar as you look at it.
Follow this past some houses, apts etc, then you'll come to the 'main' road, where you can go left down the hill to San Stef. Go straight on here, then at the T junction go right, and its down hill all the way to Arillas.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Hi BJA welcome to the forum....Phil is right about car hire from Arillas Cars
I have always used Theo and got good service and a reasonable price.

The dates you are there will be HIGH season and availability at short notice may be a problem. I would advise emailing Arillas Cars and asking for more information from Theo, especially if you will require the car for more than a couple of days.

Tel:   00302663051401
Mobile: 00306949445864
e-mail: arillascars@gmail.com
link to web site     http://www.arillascars.com/

See you there we are over from 16th-30th July

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC

Good advice John, we have in the past booked by e-mail, pay when you pick the car up, early or late season isn't to bad but would definitely precook July- August.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC

The hated predictive text strikes again.....although you may feel precooked in July-August your car should be prebooked. Lol x

Val x

The love affair continues.

Booking.com