Author Topic: Arillas 2015...is it your first visit? Is there anything you would like to know?  (Read 25956 times)

Offline BAJ

Phil/John/Val,
Thanks for the welcome and advice. I will contact Arillascars to prebook.
Phil, as you are there for so long,I guess we have made a good choice of accomodation in your opinion?
Will look forward to meeting you. We have been through Arillas on the coach several times as we have stayed the last 5/6 years at The Romanza in San Stef, a great place and family. Have visited the brewery a few times as Dimitri from the Arillas brewery family worked the bar at Romanza until last year when he left to work permanently with his brother at the brewery. This year though we fancied a bit of a change but couldnt face not going to The Romanza at all, so have gone independent and booked our first week at Bardis and then move for our Romanza fix for the second week. Wanted the hire car at end of our first week to do the move to San Stef.
Anyway looking forward to discovering Arillas. Regards Brian

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Hi Brian

Bardis Studios are ideal for us - very near the beach and some great tavernas. Jen is not very mobile and our dear friends always put us on the ground floor next to the bar.... (ground floor for Jen, bar for me???) The studios are compact but have eveything you need. Last year they replaced all the mattresses with very clever soft-one-side, harder-the-other versions. I always sleep like a baby. The pool is wonderful, Poppy's cooking is amazing, but the atmosphere, hospitality and welcome is second to none. I think you have chosen well. We have spent 11 months of the last 12 years in Arillas, and never grow tired of it, in season or out.

Look forward to meeting you. As you can see from the posts, several other forum members will be at Bardis Studios when we both are. Best wishes
Phil

Offline Paul B

Hello,

This year we are staying at the Tria in August, though we have stayed
before in 2013. We tried to book last year but full, ended up in Paleo, nice but not Arillas. Could someone please inform me as to whether their have been any changes / improvements (not that it needs improving)as I am sure I read  on the forum some work was being carried out in the winter.
Though new to posting, I have read the forum since 2012.

Many Thanks

Paul   

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Just a general spruce up but the main "spruce up" is the area where you walk out the back of the bar area onto the car park. Its basically been block/crazy paved, in a very nice manner. There were a couple of tables and chairs out there in May and I sat there quite a bit when I needed some me time.
They have also done the same paving in the outside eating area on the pool side of the bar which was grass and astro turfed the previous year.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Laura

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
My husband and I visited Arillas last May...what a fabulous place.  We are both in our early thirties and it was our perfect holiday.  A real gem of a place with the friendliest locals and just a fantastic relaxed atmosphere!  Great to find a place not spoilt by mass tourism!  We had picked where we were going to stay this year but Arillas captured our hearts in more ways than one when we visited...we had longed for a family for 3 years and even with help it didnt look like it was to be!  When we returned from Arillas our dream had been realised....we cannot return this year as baby is due in 4 weeks but we cannot wait to bring the little one to Arillas next year!!  Arillas will remain a very very special place for us and cannot wait for more visits in the future!!

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
Hi Flora and bump

That's just about the loveliest Arillas story I've heard yet. We have a Brooklyn, a Paris, and the like, will we have a baby Arillas?!

Good luck for the future x 

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
Wow....that is really brilliant. Congratulations to you both.
Arillas works its magic in many ways. If you have been following the forum before you joined you may know that 2014 was a great year for babies in Arillas with four (that I know of) born to local families.

You must let us all know when your little one is born and whether it is a boy or girl, then next year you can really enjoy visiting.... showing off your beautiful Arillas baby, and we will look forward to meeting the three of you.

Good luck for a safe and easy delivery.

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Congratulations, there couldn't be a better reason for not visiting Arillas! xxx

Offline Laura

Hi!  Auh thank you very much!  I was meant to write a holiday report when I came back then my mind was pre-occupied!!
Cypress, that's not a bad name suggestion :)
Val n Bill - Yes I followed the forum just before we visited and it was invaluable, got loads of great suggestions and decided to join when we returned!  Will keep you posted on the baby news and cant wait to introduce little one to Arillas, would be lovely to bump into you some time!
Eileen-I couldnt agree more!! :)

Thank you again for your lovely posts, we will remember Arillas forever.  When we returned we blew up a photograph of an Arillas sunset and have it in pride of place in our house so we can tell everyone how beautiful the place is (tried to attach but not sure what I am doing)!  I keep looking at it though and wishing I was back :)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
The Magic has worked again the magnet is pulling you back and as for the water, well what can be said, (be careful what you drink)

ARILLAS has a habit of providing the goods and this time it will be precious goods, Congratulations. wishing you all the best when your little one decides its time to come into the big world. 

Offline Laura

Thankyou johntheref&dot!! Spiros' advice to my husband one night (referring to ouzo) was 'tonight you drink like a greek you behave like a greek!! Maybe it was something in this 'water'

Anyone visiting Arillas this year for the 1st time-you wont regret your choice. It is honestly the best place we have visited...true authentic greek village and you can tell how much pride the locals take in it! Amazing tavernas, amazing people, amazing sunsets...just a truly stunning place!!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Lovely news Flora....definitely something in the water! Good luck with the baby and hope to see you all next year!
Sandy x

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
What a lovely story and welcome to the forum Flora.  Arillas tends to creep into every part of your body and soul and once there, never leaves.  It's magic.  This will be our 17th year there and many more people we know have been going for far longer. :)
Ann x

Offline cathovo

it say its 2 hrs transfer time is this correct

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
That depends on how you arrive. By car or taxi its about 60 mins so I believe, by tour operator bus it can be anything from a shade under 2 hours to 2 and a half hours depending on if they go to Sidari first. Then it depends on the drop offs, you could hit lucky and be at your home for a week or two in under 2 hours, or more like 2 hours 30-40.

Booking.com