Author Topic: Three bedroomed apartment?  (Read 23943 times)

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
Three bedroomed apartment?
« on: March 01, 2015, 11:29:49 AM »
I've done a search on here and found only one 3 bed apartment at the Kaloudis. Are there any others in the centre(ish) of the village, or anything else on the ground floor that will suit 5 people? Already I'm tentatively planning 2016's holiday which will be with my grandchildren, an 11 year old, a 10 year old, an 8 year old and a 3 year old ..... with just me (!).

I thought I could go and have a look at the apartment's suitability when I'm there this summer, then book the flights as soon as they come out to keeps costs down.

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Three bedroomed apartment?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 11:42:01 AM »

Have a look at the Makris, they have two very large apartments that will sleep six people comfortably.  A beautiful pool and snack bar and are very reasonable.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 12:35:04 PM »
Already I'm tentatively planning 2016's holiday which will be with my grandchildren, an 11 year old, a 10 year old, an 8 year old and a 3 year old ..... with just me (!). 

Karen what have you been doing to be handed such a task.
see you in July

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 12:39:37 PM »
Apart from the Kaloudis I don't know of any other 3 bedroom apartments, but that's not to say they're not there! If the bedrooms are big enough in a 2 bedroom apt I'm sure many owners would be happy to supply an extra fold down bed.

As Val n Bill have said, the Makris has two large two bedroom apartments.  One on the lower and one on the upper floor.  The staircase to the upper is rather steep but there is a safety gate at the top.
I've only been inside the upper apartment which is fairly spacious with a sitting/dining kitchen area, double bedroom and second bedroom which has 3 beds but still with plenty of room to move around.
makrisapartments.com  The pool and bar area serving snacks is ideal for children.  The Makris family are always around to look after their guests in a friendly and quietly unassuming manner.

Giannis Bardis's apartments are closer to the beach and facilities in Arillas, but don't have a pool.  They are studios but some have interconnecting doors for larger families.  They are gorgeous apartments and like the Makris are very reasonably priced.   Giannis has the cutest tiny little dog whom I'm sure your grandchildren would love to bits!

Nikos Kokkinos spacious apartments (again without pool) also have two bedrooms with seperate living area, I'm sure Nikos would provide a folding bed for an extra child.  Nikos, like Giannis Bardis, is a  lovely lovely man and can't do enough to ensure his guests have a wonderful stay. http://www.kokkinosapartments.com/accommodation/

There are a few other 2 bedroom apts in Arillas which you can find in Dimitris's directory here.. http://www.arillas.com/info  and others on here... http://www.greencorfu.com/accommodation-apartments-arillas/

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 12:41:26 PM »
Oops, forgot to add link for Giannis studios... http://giannis-apartments.gr/

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 11:31:58 PM »
Thanks Val and Bill, I'll go and have a look at the Makris. I went one year for a manicure with Anna (think that's her name, the young girl who works behind the bar) and it did look very nice.

Eileen, thank you for your in depth reply. I didn't even know that any of these places existed so I'll have a wander around to them when I'm there. The prices look affordable too.

John and Dot, I must be ever so slightly crazy .. but because I'm madly in love with my grandchildren I can't think of a better gift to give them than a magical time in Arillas, it'll beat the wet holidays we've had together on the English coast! x

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 03:58:35 PM »
yesterdays posts on this thread seem to have disappeared. I know the server was down last night.

Offline Sparky

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 07:31:25 PM »
Angela's Apartments do have 3 bedrooms and one of them is on the ground floor but they not in the centre - Out towards Tria Adelphi, but up on the left before you get to Galini.  Here's a link from one of her previous posts.  They are far enough out to be very quiet and there is always somewhere to stop on the way back.

http://www.angelasapartments.iowners.net/

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 11:13:55 PM »
Thanks Sparky - for another one to add to my list.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 12:07:24 AM »
My post seems to have dissapeared. We are staying in the 3 bed apt in kaloudis in june, you are welcome to come and have a look if you are there at the same time.
Ger x

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 01:11:20 PM »
We stayed in a two bedroom apartment at Kaloudis a few years ago and unfortunately it was very noisy as next to the bar. Music until 2 or 3 in the morning. Had to ask to be moved in the end. Having said that we stayed in a two bedroom one the year before but away from the bar and that was fine. Also it was 2004 when we last stayed in Kaloudis so perhaps not as much noise from music from the bar now. Our children were young then so it did matter - it wouldn't matter now as we would just join in but not fair on people who don't want the noise. Was very upset at the time as it had a Thomson award for family holidays.

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 12:39:30 AM »
Thanks for the tip Sonia.

Ger, that's so kind of you! Unfortunately, I'll miss you this time by a few days, I don't arrive until  July.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 11:48:13 AM »
we leave on 3rd july, will you be there then?? but i am sure if you ask roula she will let you have a look if the apt is empty.
ger x

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 08:56:22 PM »
my post from the other day has disappeared, so reposting.
Roula's private apartments (up the spiral stairs) sleep 5 or 6 - not sure if there is a 3-bedroom one up there but there are definitely two 2-bedroom ones (at either end) which have a double room, twin room and a sofa bed in the living room (not sure if it's a single or a double).  The apartments are nice and quiet, well away from the noise of the bar.  Aircon is included, it's got proper cooking facilities and table inside.   There is a 3-bedroom apartment downstairs too, but that's part of the Thomson allocation so it's pot luck whether you'd get that if booking through them, plus you have to pay for aircon.

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 07:09:49 PM »
Thanks Steph! I'll make a list of accommodations and visit them all when I'm there.

Ger, I'll definitely miss you, I'm not there 'til the 6th or 13th July. I know that sounds strangely noncommittal but I'm flying on the 6th and have yet to decide if I'll go to the Donkey Rescue for my first week. Last year I said I'd go then became unexpectedly ill, so this year I'll make the decision a lot nearer the time. I wouldn't want to let them down again.     

Booking.com