Author Topic: Where will you eat on the first night of your holiday and what will you have?  (Read 19772 times)

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Sit back , Suzy, and wait for , I hope,  many replies.

Me? - I'm not gonna tell you just in case you tell others and my local gets to busy.

Negg

...or in case they run out of red :-o xxx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Mon Amour, running out of Red, would be like the Pope giving a blessing in Rome wearing black fishnet tights. (And I want them back!!)
( But then , do we know what he has under that robe of his? - Do we care as long as Mon Amour can supply us with that fabulous wine? )

Negg

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
Portofino is usually our first taverna we use. Stifado does the trick for me. But then we have the difficult decision of where to eat the other days we are there.  Like many, we just amble along til one takes our fancy.

Yammas,  Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
Food and drink, somewhere, anywhere it won't matter, I will be in Arillas.

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
John and Dot, don't forget little old me, I'll be there that night at the Brouklis too!

With the promise of so many glorious days to look forward to that first evening in Arillas is always so special. Tired after the journey (flying is my nightmare and always an ordeal) along with the elongated anticipation of arrival, I seem to take exhalations that release tension at the same time as having a major buzz of excitement. And I don't stop smiling either, so much so that my face hurts.

Suzy, I don't know where Mon Amour is either. I'll have to find it now if the red wine is so good :-)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
John and Dot, don't forget little old me, I'll be there that night at the Brouklis too!

I know you will be joining us Karen (July 16th) Looking forward to it I'm sure it will be a good night.
Must get May out of the way first though...see you soon xxx

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
We won't arrive in Arillas until around 10pm so it will be ditch the bags and out for a beer, then eat wherever is serving :)  On our first full day though it will be lunch at Effies and probably Portofino for evening meal.  As it's been 3 years since our last visit and our first time staying for 11 nights, we hope to eat everywhere!  Must eat places are Vavilas, Brouklis and Thallasa, going to try Vinceramo this year. 

Sharon's Pool Bar, Akti and Coconut for liquid refreshments! 

Can't wait to get back, see old friends and finally meet a few virtual ones :)

Sharon x

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
oooh now, that's a difficult one!  I'd guess Portofino or Brooklis :)  As this year will be the first time I've taken the other half there, we will no doubt explore all the options! Afterwards it'll be a leisurely stroll around before drinks in Amos. Really looking forward to being back - this bit of sunshine has got the soul aching for Arillas!

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Awww! Eggy!...you spoil sport you...and now you've said how good the wine is there, you're even more of a spoil sport. I promise not to tell anyone!

Suzy X

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
Im not sure where it is Suzy but know it is outside Arillās and u telephone them to book and they pick you up in arillas and drop you back off. Very traditional authentic food and only place open all year. I think they have a website.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
PS sorry Eggy for being a tell tale but had to put Suzy out of her suspense. Lol

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Thank you SoniaP
I'm sure Eggy will forgive you eventually! Sounds the place to be if not just for the red wine! Not forgetting 'Taxi Service!'

Suzy X

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
We had the chops there last year as well as lovely souvlaki.  If you like your meat this is the place to be!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
"Bugger - There goes the neighbourhood!!!

Booking.com