Author Topic: What do we do with a Teenager???  (Read 2450 times)

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
What do we do with a Teenager???
« on: April 27, 2015, 03:37:16 PM »
First time asking for advice for a while.  We are coming back to Arillas this July and bringing my son and his family.  The baby will be 10 month old and his stepdaughter will be 14.  Any advice on what's going on for a teenager.  It's usually just me and Billy who are happy to just whizz about on a scooter and park ourselves at Sharon's Pool Bar and stroll around for an evening meal.  Help! :)

Sharon x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
Re: What do we do with a Teenager???
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 09:19:24 PM »
Sharon she will soon make friends if you let her loose in the Malibu on her own (watching from a safe distance the first time) lots of teens in there at night and if you are next door she can easily come back to you all, but it will only be for more money!!!

Lots of parents are uneasy to let young teens out of their sight these days but I think Arillas is one of the safest places to give them a taste of freedom.

Then again you might find she loves being part of the grownups holiday.

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 08:41:32 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to reply Val, nights should be okay, it's during the day I was hoping for suggestions, probably get more response on FB xx

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 10:14:29 PM »
Hi Sharon,

You won't have any problems, I think, if you stay by pools there are always loads of things going on and I bet she will just be happy to swim and hang out with you oldies!  You will all have a lovely time, it's different with the little one but you will really enjoy it.

Hopefully the water sports will be back this year too if she's an active type.  Mine were always just happy to mooch about on the sunbeds, go in the sea and pool and eat, boy did they eat!

You will have a blast xx
Cheryl O

Offline mikej

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 09:31:22 PM »
Hi Sharon...

I too have a 14 yr old daughter and we have been going to Arillas for 8 years and it doesn't get any easier to keep them occupied as they get older.

For the past three years we have taken my three teenage nieces and they all have a great time as long as there is a pool and sun for the daytime and they get to dress up for an evening out they are happy....the nice Greek waiters seems to amuse them too...:)

One thing that they all seem to enjoy was to hire a quad bike for a day and stick them on the back and head out around the countryside with their cameras.

Booking.com