Author Topic: Beach Reminisces!!  (Read 11540 times)

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
Beach Reminisces!!
« on: May 04, 2015, 06:49:05 PM »
Hi all.  What else does one do on a May bank holiday, when you don`t want to head out for the day, battling traffic. Answer, spend an hour or so re-reading some of the many topics about our favourite beach.
        There are some really good threads on this topic, a lot of which I read right through, some skimmed through.   Saw a lot of names that aren`t around anymore, too.
   The consensus of opinion seems to be the naturist section of the beach is a big factor in people wanting to revisit Arillas.
 It was great to read about peoples` fears about trying the nude section for the first time. And amusing.
    Sadly, we won`t be there this year but have to wait until next year before we can frazzle on the beach again.
  Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has tried the beach for the first time only recently (last 12 months)? 
  Or is there anybody dead against the north end? 
    To all those heading to Arillas this year, have a great time and enjoy it`s jewel in the crown   :-)

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
Re: Beach Reminisces!!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 08:20:16 PM »
Paul
I have never been as far along to the north beach but sometimes im tempted but just not brave enough!!!
I have recently been watching my holiday videos of Arillas and the beach always makes me impatient to go back. Going in August for the 4th time and cant wait.Maybe one day i will pluck up the courage!

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 12:56:49 AM »
We  have never been on the nudist part of the beach. Well I tell a lie, once by accident. I think one of the many great things about Arillas is that it caters for everyone's preference. I do love being on the beach. Unfortunately we were only there for a week last year and a lot of the days the sea was very rough for swimming.  The sea was at its warmest and best for swimming when we went in September in 2013.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 05:31:34 PM »
Arrived last friday, hardly any beach about 2 meters wide and full of pebbles, unless you are very brave the north end is out of bounds so have been around the pool.have stuck my foot in the sea and it is really warm, we are going to try the small bit of sand that has appeared tomorrow(weds)the beach is slowly coming back, but might take afew weeks more.Weather is really warm though
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 09:18:29 PM »
   Ness 44 - Go on, give it a try. Once you`ve plucked up the courage, you`ll not regret it.  Same goes for you, Sonia P.  But it may not be for you, not to everyone`s liking. 

Harold - Thanks for the update. Pebbles one day, sand the next. Forever changing  :-)

Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 01:34:31 AM »
I didn't post any pics in April, because I didn't want to alarm anybody. Eggy warned me before we got there that the beach looked rough, but no need - have seen it worse. I have sat on a bench opposite Mirage with the sea lapping on my ankles and seen devastation all along the sea road in October storms. For me it is just another beautiful phase in the cycle. When the wind blows in the right direction it will revert to wide and sandy.

In 12 years I have always had enough beach to keep me happy. 2015 won't be any different.

Phil

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 05:25:52 PM »
i hope its better at the end of june, have told my grandson its a lovely beach for him to play on, don't want to disappoint him!
ger x

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 05:38:35 PM »
Went for a quick dip in the sea today, water is really warm. Had a paddle yesterday, bit of sand in a few places, and as I said earleir the beach has grown a little since we arrived.2 sandy bays by kaloudis, more sand around thr pier and some around the river area, so there is a bit about.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Booking.com