Author Topic: Arillas beach 2015!  (Read 69463 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Arillas beach 2015!
« on: May 05, 2015, 05:38:19 PM »
After the fabulous expanse last year this aren't looking as promising so far let's all hope that North wind starts blowing!!

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Re: Beach panic!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 06:49:44 PM »
Beach is rather narrow at the moment but as we know it changes continually.
I'm sure to Will be fine by July when I come back

Offline Jez

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 08:50:37 PM »
Jo,

No need to panic! The sun always shines on the righteous, even on the pebbles.

Jez

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 03:11:39 AM »
Pebbles aren't too comfortable when it comes to sunbathing though Jez lol

I am also a little disappointed by how the beach is looking at the moment :-( Maybe it was a little too enthusiastic of me to assume it would be just like it has been when I have been in summer (August). I had to mention to my mum the other day that 'the beach doesn't look like it does in my holiday photos' at the moment. Luckily, she's not a beach person so wasn't that bothered. I am though :-/

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 08:53:59 AM »
Sadly it looks a mess at the moment, with the black weed everywhere.The digger wa out near the horizon(hotel).The little bay at the bottom of the slope near Kaloudis is now covered in weed, which came in last night.The sea, the first 10 mtrs.is now a bit murky so yo cannot see where or what you are walking on, I got tar on my feet from the pebbles in the water.At the moment we are using the pool at Kaloudis and then I pop down for a quick swim in the sea, its, so warm in the water, I have to be very careful where I walk, because of my knee replacement, I did fall in the water the other day and the pain was bad.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 09:06:26 AM »
arillas this not just the beach i love to walk along the beach but we go this time each year roll on 22 may for how 2 weeks at the kaloudis

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 05:32:57 PM »
The beach this afternoon looks a lot tidier. I went for my swim and walked over pea gravel for about 3 foot then I was onto the sand, looks like it will be beach time (weather permitting)tomorrow all be it not at the north end.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 03:22:36 AM »
Thanks for the beach updates Harold. Hopefully, by Thursday/Friday, it will have improved a little :-)

Offline rob49uk

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 08:52:09 AM »
I am looking at the beach from The Horizon Hotel and the sea is calm and inviting, the weather sunny and warm. Another perfect Arillas day. Breakfast is beckoning and will be filling out between the beach, pool and balcony getting prepared for some Mythos's later. A few people were on the sea yesterday.

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Re: Arillas Beach 2015!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 12:30:57 PM »
The beach of Arillas and generally the west corfu coast beaches are vulnarble to the weather contitions ftom time to time.
http://www.arillas.com/size-of-beach .
the article above explains what happens with the sand of Arillas. Last year people were complaining that the beach was so wide that they were not used to it ... they believed that we were importing sand and placed it with technical means.... ( we wish we could) .
please allow me to change the subject of this threat to 'Arillas brach 2015' instead of "beach panic" as it could mislead people from making their decisions.

The picture bellow  was taken yesterday.
I will be posting pictures frequently for your satisfaction!!

Yammas!
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas beach 2015!
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 08:11:30 PM »
Our last visit to Arillas was July 2013 and the beach was perfect for us!We missed out on the very wide beach of last year!
We used to walk from Kaloudis (is this the North beach?) to past Gratziella Taverna at the other end (is this the South Beach?)as the beach seemed to be wider this end.Having said that, there was always plenty of beach for everyone to park their bottoms! The hubby and I both prefer the beach but also spend like to spend some time around the pool during our stay.
Only nature will decide on how the beach will form this year. We will all still enjoy our time in Arillas whether wide beach, or no beach at all!

Suzy X

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 09:08:41 PM »
Has anyone got any photos of the very wide beach of last year? Would love to see how it looked!

Suzy x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 10:36:42 PM »
The wonderful thing about Arillas beach is that it always comes back....eventually....
Sandy x

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 11:40:09 PM »
Here you are Suzy, some photos taken on 26th September 2014. I think it was the best I have ever seen the beach, just magical.....

Offline Barry

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 11:40:56 PM »
Suzi, I've just uploads a small video of the beach in August last year. We will be back there in 6 weeks.
Barry.

Booking.com