Author Topic: Arillas beach 2015!  (Read 69456 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Arillas beach 2015!
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2015, 07:09:39 PM »
EuXaristw, thank you Bumpkin. I will take full advantage of the beach in my own way in July. I know how difficult posting pics on here is, so many thanks for persevering. The best is by far your graffiti. Bumpkin wa2 er...... Arillas is back in business when we see images like this. Again, EuXaristw...

Phil

Offline Bumpkin

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2015, 08:11:54 PM »
Glad it worked this time. First time I used the img option on photobucket as per guidance on the technical help section. This time I tried the direct link.

SoniaP. Loved it. I will post a summary later

B
Your skin is the best outfit you have. You look great in it and it fits you perfectly. You should wear it more often. Look after it and it may not look like it needs ironing.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2015, 10:18:23 PM »
The photograph of North Beach shows quite a change than it would have shown a month earlier, when it was not possible to get to north beach.

Looks like the beach is going to be tip top by the time we get back in July

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2015, 10:25:26 PM »
Oohh! fingers crossed John and dot!...and even better by August hopefully?

Suzy X

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2015, 12:17:48 AM »

Great photos and well worth the wait. Glad you had a good time, did you get any ideas for your cakes from the bakery? 😃 Mind you I don't think they could beat the ones you describe to me. Lol

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2015, 01:42:26 AM »
How deep did you have to wade out of interest? I have done all different 'OMG that's cold' wading haha. Last year was amazing ankle deep only

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2015, 01:36:07 PM »
Ooooh! Beach looks busy today!

Offline Bumpkin

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2015, 06:40:26 PM »
Val,
Tried out the bakery each day but we do like our own cakes & croissants best.

Jo,
On the way to the north beach it was half way between ankle & knee. On the way back it was about knee height. I did look at tide times before we went and realised it would be higher later.
Observing others going to the beach we noticed they were wading a little way out.  Assumed they were experienced so just followed them. Sea must swirl around the rocks and washes some sand away so it is deeper there.
Your skin is the best outfit you have. You look great in it and it fits you perfectly. You should wear it more often. Look after it and it may not look like it needs ironing.

Offline DronnyDave

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2015, 10:55:27 PM »
Hi,

We have just returned home after spending a fabulous 10 days in Arillas.

The beach at the north end was getting wider by the day.
When we first arrived there was hardly any sand, just loads of pebbles, but over the next couple of days it suddenly got wider. It was a bit of a strange experience watching the sea deposit the sand and making the beach wider, you could almost measure it by the minute.

Just one word of warning, the first stretch past the high cliffs is still very dodgy and there are large sections of rock that look ready to fall. It is worth paddling a little bit further out to avoid the risk of a rockfall. The wooden steps that were there last year and provided a route from the path down to the liitle bay have been washed away. As has more of the path.
The whole beach seems to have taken a bit of a battering over the winter but it is well on the way back to being the beach we all love.
Those lucky enough to be going over the coming months will, I'm sure, be happy with the state of the beach.

Sunbeds also started to appear on the north beach, and these were always in demand and I was surprised at the large number of people making the effort to get up to the north end. More sunbeds were arriving as we were leaving.

regards
Dave

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2015, 11:02:48 PM »
Have just read this thread from the beginning and am very heartened that our beach is in quite good shape.  The photographs all say what it is hard for 1000 words to say.  Thanks to all the posters and please keep these reports coming so that Julia and I can anticipate with even more pleasure our September stay at the Kaloudis.

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2015, 11:46:05 PM »
A large lump of clay fell off the hill towards the north beach today at the afternoon.
Fortunatelly none was nearby at this moment. the amount of clay went all over untill the sea.
It is now recomended to wade to the north beach instead walking over these claystones.
there is still a larger piece of soil waiting to fall at any minute.
the locals have put sighns to warn people but we still see some trying to walk over that dangerous part.
We hope that during the next couple of days the whole piece will colapse and it will not be dangerous anymore.

I'll keep you informed,

Dimitris

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2015, 01:49:49 AM »
Thanks for the warning Boss. I took the liberty of quoting you on my Facebook profile, to make sure the message gets to a few more. So important that visitors understand the reality of a holiday in Paradise.

See you on July 11th. And please make sure table 13 is ready on July 16th. For 6 I believe.....

Phil

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2015, 10:10:38 AM »
Maybe, with the current news from Malaysia, the gods of the cliffs were angry because of nudity on the beach. :-)

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2015, 01:45:04 PM »
Ha!

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2015, 07:01:37 PM »
See you on July 11th. And please make sure table 13 is ready on July 16th. For 6 I believe.....

Phil

That Table is For EIGHT Phil.

Booking.com