Author Topic: september weather  (Read 12742 times)

Offline charley976

september weather
« on: March 05, 2006, 12:20:52 PM »
:D morning, can anyone help! have made up my mind and most definately will be booking to go to arillas. As i said before will be my first visit there, but somehow dont think will be my last. Imust say just reading your views on this wonderfull little place has made up my mind. Iam thinking of trying to get booked for september. What temperature could i expect? Hopefully not too hot as my daughter and grandson hope to come along. most gratefull for anyones help.

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
september weather
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 01:13:07 PM »
welcome to the forum, the weather is normally alright and the heat comfortable,  noemally there is a breeze blowing which just takes the edge off when it is a very hot day. september can be a bit unpredictable and the last few years we have lost a couple of days with rain, but we have always come back with a good tan and fully relaxed. we are going on september 22nd, so if your there then we might see you. alex

Offline charley976

re september weather
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 01:30:51 PM »
thankyou for your reply. we havn't booked could you sugest best tour operatour book with? thanks again.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
september weather
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 01:40:07 PM »
Hi,  we felt the same after reading reviews about arillas.  It was our first time to Corfu last September, we went to Ag. Gordios and would have liked to go back but couldnt get the same accommodation.  The best option we came up with was Arillas.  We are staying in the Galini Hotel/studios in June.  Try  www.galini-hotels.com and booked through Thomas Cook and it was very good, there is a link through the forum on this site..  The offer at the time was £290 for two weeks each person, which we thought was brilliant!

The weather last September in Ag. Gordios (south -west side) was very good.  Hot, but not unbearable.  Bit overcast a couple of days and windy, even started raining one afternoon, but it made a nice change.  The last day it 'tipped' it down then 1hr later out came the sun... A cardi or wrap was welcome in the evenings though. We are looking forward to visiting Arillas very much.  Hope you manage to find something too.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
september weather
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 05:29:19 PM »
thomson now only have one accomadation in the village the other tour operators are thomas cook libra manos and olympus. you will find that the village has some kind of magic that draws you back year after year. hope you fall for the arillas magic like that the rest of us. alex

Offline charley976

september hol
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 08:20:35 PM »
I would just like to thank the very helpfull people on this site. In my opinion it seems as arillas has captured so many of you, its certainly got excellant reviews you should be on commision . After a very kind member helped a complete novice as myself i looked on the Libra site,i cant believe how helpfull the members are. Any way  hope we might bump into some of you whilst we are there. We fly out on monday 25th sept and to tell the truth am really looking forward to it , thanks again to the helpfull member.

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
september weather
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 09:42:38 PM »
i am pleased you have got sorted out, as i said earlier i fly out on the 222nd sept, am there till the 6ht october, so hope to see you alex

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
september weather
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 09:42:55 PM »
i am pleased you have got sorted out, as i said earlier i fly out on the 22nd sept, am there till the 6ht october, so hope to see you alex

Offline John_R

september weather
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 12:51:06 AM »
Hi All
 I've just joined this forum and I have found it very informative, We fly out to Arrilas on the 25th September 2006 and this is the first time we have been to this area of Corfu, I hope the weather is going to be kind to us because we have never been on a holiday that late on in the season.
  JR

Offline sheila

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
weather
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 12:17:30 PM »
we went to arillas last september first two weeks and the weather was brilliant hot and sunny every day
SHEILA

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
september weather
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 01:20:15 PM »
We went to Ag. Gordis last year in September and I would say that 99% of the time the weather was fine.  A bit humid sometimes and then very windy on some days, one day turned very cloudy but we were not leaving the beach no matter what until it did rain but it wasnt for long! Well, we are british and we know how to do that dont we?   :lol:
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline bigbadjon

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • For those of you who know about Daniel
september weather
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 03:43:05 PM »
was in arillas 23rd - 30th September last year, brilliant weather all week, last day the wind changed and the sky went black and by hell did it rain!!! .......so i spent a couple of hours in poppy and spiros's bar, what more could i ask for?.......

two hours later brilliant sunshine again...back to the beach :lol:

and then onto the coach to go home :cry: ........

roll on 5th June..........

Offline sheila

weather
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 04:32:26 PM »
Quote from: bigbadjon
was in arillas 23rd - 30th September last year, brilliant weather all week, last day the wind changed and the sky went black and by hell did it rain!!! .......so i spent a couple of hours in poppy and spiros's bar, what more could i ask for?.......

two hours later brilliant sunshine again...back to the beach :lol:

and then onto the coach to go home :cry: ........

roll on 5th June..........
going back ourselves 4th september just hope the weather is as good as last year  :P
SHEILA

Offline John_R

september weather
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 01:19:05 AM »
Well I'm really looking forward to going back to Corfu, in the past we have been in Kavos,Kassiopi,Sidari but the last time we were on the Island they still had the Drachma as Currency, I suppose there has been quite a few chages in that time.
  JR

Offline sheila

september weather
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 08:03:43 PM »
All I would say is take a cardi for evenings because we went last September and if you plan on going to the Sea Breeze for a meal it does get quite chilly and breezy(hence the name) some nights.
SHEILA

Booking.com