Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 3979 times)

Offline Tractorboy

« on: May 31, 2015, 02:02:03 PM »
Hi we are new members to the Forum but have been reading items for a few months now.
We have been to Corfu three times before but this is our first time to Arillas. Last year we stayed in San Stefanos and visited Arillas a couple of times but our time there was brief.
We would love to hear from people about prices of sun beds, where to eat ( wife's veggie, no fish) car, quad and boat hire prices. We are staying for 2 weeks in July and like to venture around the island.
Thanks in advance
Paul and Sally

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 02:53:42 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Paul & Sally.
Arillas ....Well where to start, Food, I have yet to find any tavern/restaurant where the food has not been of quality, as your wife is veggi  then I suggest asking what they recommend where you are eating, You will find that locals are more that happy to help you and they will not disappoint,

Sunbeds on the beach? not sure this year as they were not out when we were over early May but previous years they have been set out by the businesses on the front and prices have varied but we have found that the prices have held around 7-8 euro for 2 beds and a sun umbrella for the day.
You could also use the pool bars where you can use the facilities, just settle down enjoy a drink or perhaps a snack.
Car Hire is available in the village, we usually use Theo at Arillas Cars although July will be busy and it may be best to pre book  http://www.arillascars.com/

Don't think Gary is running the boats this year in Arillas but just call into Sharon's pool bar opposite the Marina Hotel and she will be able to tell you more.

Have a fabulous holiday, we are there from 16th July so if you see us about stop and say Hi.
Where will you be staying?.....   Just one more thing, Arillas has a habit of grabbing you and keeping you, don't be surprised if you get caught in her web

Offline Tractorboy

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 08:43:56 PM »
Thank you John and Dot
We are really looking forward to our stay. We are staying at Kaloudas from July 10th.
We keep looking at the webcam and can't really tell how big the beach is at the moment or how many sun beds are on it.
Will contact car hire, do they hire quads as well... Daily cost?

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 09:19:57 PM »
We  hired quads last year. Sorry can't remember how much they were but we hired them from Olga's travel which is near the Malibu bar. You need to give Olga a couple of days notice of when you want them so she can arrange it.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 09:58:49 PM »
Perfect Greek recipe is Briam. Roula at Brouklis does a brilliant version. Everywhere will offer to give you something suitable. No fish is a sad affair in a place which is on the shore and provides the best fish on the planet.....

Kaloudis is so very popular, and the two Billys will keep you in stitches, laugh a minute. At the moment, the beach is not at its best but might be much better when you arrive. Depend on the wind direction. Sonia is right - consult Olga on just about anything you want.

Have a great stay in my home. It is where I live best - hope it works for you.

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 10:45:43 PM »
Quads.....We got prices on Quads in May and were quoted 23 euro per day 140 euro for a week
that was at Arkokal Travel  http://arkokal.gr/rent_a_bike.html

Offline catherinestani

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 11:08:09 PM »
we hired car last june 35 euros for day and quid 45 for 3 days

Offline Donpipez

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 09:53:37 AM »
Paul & Sally

We hired a boat last Year - On advice from the Forum I contacted Noula at San Stefanos Travel

http://www.san-stefano.gr

Noula arranged to have us picked up from the Mathraki in Arillas and took us to San Stefanos where Gary ran his boat hire business from - The boat was 85 Euros for the day plus petrol and at the end of the day we were collected and taken back to Arillas.

We also return in July and I have contacted Noula regarding boat hire again - She tells me Gary will be basing his business on Arillas  beach this year.

She also arranged and delivered a jeep for us last Year and have arranged to do the same again this Year.

Hope this helps - Have fun

Neil & Jill

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 07:05:20 PM »
Thanks for that information Donpipez

The hubby and I are really looking forward to hiring out a little boat for the day so great news that we'll be able to hire one from Arillas beach.

Suzy X

Offline Chris G

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 10:47:11 PM »
We have hired a boat twice from Arillas, missed it last year, pleased to see Gary is back we will hire again this year its a great way to see the coast around NW Corfu.

Offline Tractorboy

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 07:12:35 PM »
Thanks to everyone for making us feel welcome to the forum

Interesting to see all the pictures being uploaded, looks wonderful.

Any other news on car hire, quads or boats would be much appreciated as we still have five weeks until we arrive in Arillas.

Thanks

Booking.com