Author Topic: A little bit of info please re transport and accomodation  (Read 9143 times)

Offline Ang

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
A little bit of info please re transport and accomodation
« on: March 10, 2006, 11:28:58 AM »
Hi all not been on the forum for a while, I have just booked and we will be there on the 2nd June for 1 week.
Now Im a little concerned as I have booked with Thomson as we want to stay at Kaloudis this will be  our 5th time to Arrilas over a span of 12yrs and hubby just wanted to go back to where we had stayed befor, from reading several posts about Thomson pulling out of arrilas Ive become a tad confused as my booking has been taken and there is no way on gods earth we will stay any where other than Arrilas as it has so many good memories for us, so my first question is are Thomsons still at Kaloudis??

2nd question, as hubby suffers with a spine problem we dont want to take the free transfere coach as after the flight he will be as stiff as a board and the bus trip will be complete agony for him, so are there local taxis running from Arillas these days as we would prefer to put the money back in to the village??? or should I contact Arrilas travel and try and sort out a hire car for us to pick up at the airport??

Im sorry to ramble on a bit but we are so excited to be coming back and just the two of us as was on our first time to Arrilas all those years ago, hubby is looking forward to meeting some of the friends he made in the village and Im just looking forward full stop.

many thanks
Ang

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 02:13:54 PM »
Ang
Arillas Travel can arrange a hire car, for a week, which picks you up and takes you back to the Airport. They charge a twinge more for this but then they do supply the Driver each way.  I'm not sure of the price for one week but we pay about £315 for this privilege for a fortnight. Sounds a lot, but considering a Taxi each way is about £64 total , plus the tip, it doesn't seem so bad.
Not sure about Kaloudis and Thompsons as we always go Flight only.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 02:26:08 PM »
Hello Ang,

Sorry, but like Eggy I cannot help as regards the Kaloudis and Thomsons.

Here is a link that Dimitris has on his pages for a  taxi pre-booking service:

http://www.arillas.com/taxi/

Also, here is the link to Arillas car hire:

http://arillas-rentacar.com/index.htm

Happy holidays,

Eileen

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 06:02:15 PM »
hi ang, you are alright thomson is staying with the kaloudous at the moment. they have pulled out of the bardis hotel which leaves only the kaloudous remaining with thomson in arilas. alex

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 09:50:11 PM »
Hi Eggy,eileen and alex, many thanks for your replys, it does give me some what more confidence with Thomsons, Im sure you can all appreciate our reasons for booking Kaloudis, :lol: as its just us two this time.I have e-mailed A/travel but will do the same with san stefanos.
Dont think any of you guys will be there when we go on the 2nd June but hope you all have a great time when you do.
Many Thanks Angx

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 02:20:48 PM »
All done had an e-mail from Olga so it will be a Taxi to and from the airport and we will hire a Jeep for a cpl of days as we do like to take a trip to Kalami bay on a sunday and have lunch at this nice little fish Taverna overlooking the bay...whoooopeeeee cant wait on count down 11weeks today
Ang

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Taxi & Things
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 02:42:36 PM »
Well done Ang,
We like Olga & Husband Spiro very much and have a great respect for both. I hope you got a good deal on the taxi and jeep. She does all the arrangements for us on Taxis and car hire and hasn't let us down yet.
But keep her office number on you for when you get to Corfu Airport just in case you can't find the Taxi. Generally the drivers "group up" just inside the Airport but Sept last year I panicked slightly when I couldn't see anyone holding a card with our name on. It turned out he'd just gone to the Loo.
Have a good holiday.
Negg

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 01:57:55 PM »
Thanks Negg, we have always used Arilas Travel ever since our first visit, they are just great, 45 euro each way which is fine, Im sure we will get a good price on the jeep always have.The last time we were there I had a real bad reaction to mozzy bites and they insisted on taking me to the hospital which was a bit of an experience but the doctor there was the first one evr to explain to me that I would always get these reactions its just something I have to live with so since then I know what to get from the doctors over here befor I travel to countries where there are mozzies, that said the Greek ones are the worse.
Ang

Offline mrsseins

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 05:23:56 PM »
Hi Ang , we are coming to Arilas for the first time on 30th May and we have booked through Thomson and are staying at kaloudis am on the countdown now too 4 weeks on Tuesday maybe see you at the bar - Michelle. x

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 10:17:12 PM »
Hi Mrs S you will be there for 2days befor us, we have always liked Kaloudis hope you get a nice apt and no doubt we will bump in to each other, Arillas is a beautiful, wonderfull place to spend a holiday with or with out the kids, ours is 20yrs so shes not with us this year..ah bliss for us it will be like the first time all those 12-13yrs ago, hope you enjoy and mines a JD and coke or a Mataxa  :D
Ang

Offline mrsseins

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 01:05:17 AM »
Nice one Ang me and the old man will have a pint of mythos each (got the taste for that last year in Rhodes!) Am looking forward to it and if we love it as much as you and all else seem to might even bring the kids next time !! (12 and 9 one of each!) am looking forward to the chilling! Ps hows the weather at this time of year? - Michelle and Gary! xx :D

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 01:37:16 PM »
Other half has come up with an idea of hiring a car for 3 days - picking it up at the airport for the transfer to Arillas.  We dont want it for the whole two weeks but for the first couple of days might be nice to do a bit of sightseeing and then spend the rest of the time lazing about. Then just get the coach back to the airport on the way home.  Do you think that might be worth doing?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 03:42:59 PM »
we got a taxi from the airport last year and took the coach back to airport. this was a lot better we didnt mind the travel back your never in a rush to come home. alex

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 03:51:28 PM »
Ang, you can get a taxi easy peasy from the airport ... its less hassle and only 25 mins to Arillas.

Enjoy Arillas

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2006, 01:34:32 PM »
Thanks Aly, its all been sorted with Olga from arillas travel,taxi there and back so it means we will have more time yipeeee only another 33 sleeps
Ang

Booking.com