Author Topic: When and who to book with  (Read 16003 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: When and who to book with
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2015, 11:58:04 PM »
Sorry biglil you said not included in price so ignore my previous post. Lol

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 05:12:17 AM »
€60 is a little steep I'd say. In August 2013 I paid €55 (Lena at the Makris arranged it for me). Last year & this year, I used Arillas Travel (across from Coconut) for my taxi transfer and it was/is only €50 (each way) I would definitely recommend them. New, comfortable cars with air con. They also drove us to Sidari and Kassiopi for our excursions, lovely people, very chatty.

I'll be slumming it on a coach in October lol but, if nearer the time I decide that 2 hours+ is too long, i'll be emailing them the week before and arranging a transfer again :D

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 08:35:10 AM »

Bumpkin who did you hire your car from......£48.53 for a week!!!!! 😮🚗🚗

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline biglil

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2015, 10:00:27 AM »
Hi again thanks so much for all your replies. We will be there from the 7/08/15 for 14 days. The price of the transfer was £60 but that was by coach and it would be the same flight  as we did last year. We  had to wait for 2 other flights to arrive so we were sat on the coach for at least an an hour before  we set off. The scenery was enjoyable and we did see  a little bit of Arilllas which made as  want to book.(so that's a bonus)but thought for an extra £40  it would be worth getting a taxi. The point made about the return journey  to the airport and getting there before the coaches arrive is a very good one. It was utter carnage last year with people pushing in and fights nearly breaking out! I think Ill have to book sooner rather than later.

Offline Donpipez

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2015, 12:41:35 PM »
Hi Lil

In reality the cost will be slightly less depending on the Euro/Sterling rate - Today 60 Euros is roughly £45 so gives change for some extra Mythos!!

Cheers

Neil

Offline Bumpkin

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 01:44:09 PM »
Sorry Val & Bill, I know this post is old but I only just picked up your query about our car hire.
I used comparison sites like Kayak, Travel supermarket, etc. The one I used for Corfu car hire was Autos Europe and the final hire company was Kings. It was a very good personal service, meet and greet in arrivals and  they carried our luggage to the car. Excellent service. I usually book our holiday late (within weeks) and was checking car hire prices which was more like £70/ week if I remember correctly. Checking nearer to the date the prices had dropped so at less than £50 I booked it.
We have just got back from Fuerteventura, having booked the holiday late again. Car hire was £38.12 for the week. This was through Autos Europe again, hire company was Thrifty (Hertz)
I think if you can risk leaving it late, you can get the bargain as the hire companies would rather rent a car out cheaply than not at all.
Your skin is the best outfit you have. You look great in it and it fits you perfectly. You should wear it more often. Look after it and it may not look like it needs ironing.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 06:23:08 PM »
I have used Corfu Cabs for two years and had a brilliant service with a smile from all the drivers :) I usually book about 6 weeks before to make sure their availability.

More info and prices etc can be found here: http://corfucabs.com/

What ever you choose have an excellent holiday biglil 8)

Life is good ;)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 11:11:21 PM »
We have just got back from Fuerteventura, having booked the holiday late again. Car hire was £38.12 for the week. This was through Autos Europe again, hire company was Thrifty (Hertz)
I think if you can risk leaving it late, you can get the bargain as the hire companies would rather rent a car out cheaply than not at all.

We have also just returned from Fuerteventura and Car hire was a real bargain. Booking a Hyundai i10 pick up at airport (price 40 euro per week) upon Arrival we found we had been upgraded to a Volkswagen Tiguan at no extra cost. my son was also there over Christmas and also found they were up graded ....Off season car hire in is usually much cheaper with up grades offered. High demand during high season can work out quite expensive.
This is usual in Spain and the Canary Islands. My youngest sons partner travelled home to visit her mother in Valencia last week and picked up car hire at Alacante airport for 30 euro for ten days, she has done the same in high season and had to pay up to 150 euro for the week. all depends on demand

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2016, 12:35:23 AM »

So real bargains are possible, glad to hear that..... although Bill hates driving while on holiday.

When we go to visit other places he prefers to be chauffeured...and not by me. Lol

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 12:51:07 AM »
Theo and Tasos at Arillas Cars offer a range of transfer options and are always provide a very reliable and efficient service. Check out their website for further information http://www.arillascars.com

Booking.com