Author Topic: Mythos prices!  (Read 48298 times)

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Mythos prices!
« on: June 08, 2015, 09:02:36 PM »
To all you Mythos drinkers...what's the average price for a large Mythos in Arillas these days? Also the average price of a large carafe of red wine in a restaurant?

Suzy X

Offline Bumpkin

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Mythos prices!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 09:14:03 PM »
If I remember correctly I paid €3 for 500ml Mythos last week.
Your skin is the best outfit you have. You look great in it and it fits you perfectly. You should wear it more often. Look after it and it may not look like it needs ironing.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 09:31:24 PM »
Thanks Bumpkin!

Suzy X

Offline dylan

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 09:34:54 PM »
Was 2.50 euros last year in some places, so 3 isn't bad concerning the better exchange rate, who cares when we are in Arillas!

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 11:09:19 PM »
Why buy Mythos when you can have the far superior Corfu Beer? You also help the local economy.

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 07:51:54 AM »
I tried the Corfu Beer last year Terry but found it too strong tasting. I'm not a massive lager/beer drinker anyway as I find it too gassy but when I do, I prefer Mythos. Although, I tried Alpha in Kassiopi a few weeks ago and that was nice also -  a bargain at €2 for 500ml :D

Offline emeralddragons

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 10:50:35 AM »
I am not a beer drinker, but on a hot day Corfu Beer´s Ginger Beer is very refreshing!
Emeralddragon

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 02:16:25 PM »
I am with Rachel , I was not impressed at all with the Corfu beer sold in the Horizon , sorry :-( .  And it was expensive too....
You will pay 2.50-3 euro for a Mythos .  We did find it bottled at 2 euro in perhaps the best setting too .....
EFFI'S !
It was also the only place I found Ouzo Karafaki (basically a small bottle of ouzo) on the menu and they had two brands to choose from as well , including my favourite Plomari :-)
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 02:54:53 PM »
Karl -can you remember how much the Ouzo was at Effi's? I fancy trying Effi's as never been and it sounds very authentic. Also how much were meals on average? Did you find it expensive?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 04:01:07 PM »
Sonia P ,

Efi's is not expensive at all but the price of an Ouzo , anywhere, depends on if you have it with water or sprite,
(Sprite is a little like a lime dash in lager-Unless the UK has changed you pay extra for that dash of lime)

As with Mythos, Ouzo varies place by place and depends greatly where you drink it.
An Ouzo with water , in our local Kavaddades Café , will cost you e1.50 but at a Taverna on the Sea front could cost around 3e. It could be around e3 if you are at a "Pool Bar" complex, as that pool/sunbeds are there if you want them.

So . Ouzo . Mythos , etc , depends , I suppose if you want to sit and watch cars/coaches or take in the beach and the local chill out, or you want to take advantage of a sunbed and pool for the afternoon.

Me?? - I can pay from e2.50 to e4.50 for a bottle of Retsina depending where I go and eat, but, as I say, all this choice of drinks depend on the view . closeness to the beach , or if you like to feel pampered with a few nibbles or listen to live music etc etc.

And...... be careful if in Corfu Town as Mythos has been known to hover around 5e a bottle.

Try Efi's anyway .

Cheers
Negg

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 05:46:04 PM »
Maybe the price of a drink makes it taste not so good for some people. I would rather have less, of a quality product, than a greater quantity of an inferior product. WE all have different tastes, but I don't know anybody else who doesn't like the Corfu Beer at the Horizon. I think that the fact that local people are getting the money rather than a multi-national, brewing empire makes the beer taste better than ever. Also there isn't just the lager there are the Real Ales, Ginger Beer and this year the Wheat Beer.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 06:29:39 PM »
Like you say Terry everyone has different tastes. My husband loves real ale in the UK and in fact is going to a real ale festival on Thursday night but yet he doesn't like the real ale in Corfu. I agree with you that it is preferable to purchase Corfu Beer but at least if people are buying Mythos or anything for that matter in Corfu then the local businesses are still making a profit from their custom.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 06:40:11 PM »
Even the same beer can taste different depending on where you drink it. I always think that the Royal Ionian Gold tastes best at Akrotiri, but that could be due to walking up the hill to get there. On second thoughts it tastes just as good when I have driven there. This topic is making me thirsty and also making me dream of sitting at Akrotiri, sigh..... Roll on June 21st.

Offline jackson

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 08:40:15 PM »
I am coming over on the 22nd june so i will go and sample this beer of which you speak to judge for myself  [ just for study purposes you understand ]

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 11:04:45 PM »
Pleased to hear that Mythos is still really cheap but that's not the main reason why we drink it...we both find it to be very refreshing at lunchtime with out it making us feel drowsy!. My husband also enjoys the 'dark' real ale which is brewed at the Corfu brewery but prefers to drink this in the evening (usually on the balcony early evening)
As for ouzo prices, we had an ouzo from a little place on the headland just past the Akrotori. Can't remember the name of the place but it had a swing on the front overlooking the sea...paradise! A little old Greek man served us and he was lovely!. The place is all outdoors apart from the kiosk where you purchase your drinks. The ouzo was one euro (two years ago and a good measure) His frappe was also very cheap and delicious!
He also sold ice cold Mythos in one of those ice cold glasses and I'm sure it was only 1.50 euro but I would pay triple that to sit on that swing again...so relaxing!
His toilet was immaculate too!

Suzy X   

Booking.com