Author Topic: Attack the Mozzies!  (Read 19418 times)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Attack the Mozzies!
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 11:44:17 AM »
I'm sorry to say that the nozzles are dire this year....I am being eaten alive day and night....so come prepared!
Sandy x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 09:37:44 PM »

OMG Sandy how big are these nozzles? Do we need to take special precautions😀😀

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 08:13:34 AM »
That's the weird thing...I haven't heard or seen them in the bedroom. I have all the plug in things and sprayed myself last night, plus mozzie nets on the windows......have woken up with only 2 bites this morning so that is much better!! Just bring plenty of whatever spray you use, plus antihistamine cream and Piriton if you need them. I took a piriton pill yesterday morning and all the lumps went down within hours!!! Never been this bad before....
Sandy x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 07:29:02 PM »

Lol... Sandy re read your first post....don't worry I will be bringing plenty of stuff for the mozzies but those nozzles are really worrying me.

Ha ha, thought it was only me that fell victim to the dreaded predictive text 😃😃

Val x

Offline Ursula

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 12:30:22 AM »
My husband gets eaten and bit alive by these  blighters, whether it's one determined hungry little bugger or a whole swarm of man eating critters. Now reading posts there are wasps too, he will be a jittering nervous wreck waiting to be slowly eaten and stung LOL XX Can anyone recommend a good remedy, over the years we have tried all sorts and willing to try any new approach. Even more annoying for him is that in 20 plus years of marriage and Greek holidays I have never been bitten once. Suggestions please ...........................

Offline springs65

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 12:34:46 AM »
I used to be the same but now I take antihistamine a couple of weeks before I go and while I am there and if I do get bitten they don't bother me at all.

Offline Ursula

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 01:11:25 AM »
Simple antihistamines, Wow!  Do you buy over the counter or prescription?

Offline springs65

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 03:44:29 PM »
Yes you can get them in most surpermarkets. The Piriton are expensive and you can get non branded ones much cheaper. Shop around on line and you can get some deals. All same ingredients  just a a different name.
Hubby got bitten in May and had blisters with them but they didn't bother him at all.

This might be worth a look and they have along sell by dater so will do you if you go again

http://www.chemistcounterdirect.co.uk/default/cetirizine-30mg-tablets-6-months-supply.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw5disBRCA5r7OjsK_-UgSJAC27JPg3x2RvrWtbqPwxO-KR7FrNRBsmHTzxZeGy2FiWYHUVBoCQbTw_wcB

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 05:11:02 PM »

You can buy antihistamines in most supermarkets and Home and Bargain sell them for 79p for a fourteen day supply. I suffer from bad hayfever and always get them there.

Val x

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 05:33:40 PM »
I've just returned home from Arillas after six weeks there and don't remember having one bite. I use Repel 55 and since I started using it years ago I've had only a few bites. I also put the plug-in on at night before I go out and then take it out before I go to sleep. Also the windows and doors have the mesh on them. Sandy, I have heard that they only bite the tasty ones!

Offline Paul Clark

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • Pauls Cancer Blog
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 06:35:34 PM »
I use Metaxa 4*, seems to work every time!
Follow my journey against throat cancer at  http://paulscancer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Ursula

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2015, 01:00:58 AM »
Some great Tips, Thanks Guys x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2015, 10:16:52 AM »
I have the plug in things and spray the room before I go out and am still being bitten....but my friends here with me are not being bothered. I must be very tasty. Just going to have toast and marmite for brekkie in a further attempt to keep them away.....
Sandy x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2015, 06:13:42 PM »
Very Tasty with plug in things and get bitten sometimes.... and mozzies never bother you in the bedroom?

Hmmm! - I may have to go away and think about a positive answer here!

Negg

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2015, 06:45:03 PM »
The last day of two weeks in Arillas, and no bites. Incognito works again.

Booking.com