Author Topic: Galini 2015  (Read 60648 times)

Offline Cheryl2307

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Galini 2015
« on: June 16, 2015, 02:29:53 PM »
Just wondering if there's any sign of life here this year?  Anyone there who can let me know if it's open, I would be very grateful (nudge nudge Eggs if you are driving by).  Thanks in advance.
Cheryl O

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Galini 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 04:01:39 PM »
I will take a long gander and let you know.

Negg

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 04:03:53 PM »
Thank you, will pay for your time in HP sauce or coffee!  See you in August x
Cheryl O

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 06:01:47 PM »
Tell James to sharpen his darts. - Twill be good to see ypu both.
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 06:59:23 PM »
Cheryl
When we were over in May they were doing some work there the word was that it was going to be used by people who go over for the Meditation and healing (Alexis Zorbas).
Elena and Stella opposite was also going to be used by them
and work was also being done at the Tropicana 
A large Marquee had been erected in the field behind Elena and Stella and this was to be used as a meeting place and for healing sessions.

Going to miss you again this year..... have a fab time.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 11:12:41 AM »
Thanks John, puts my mind at ease, after last year's issues I would hate to turn up late at night and find we have nowhere to stay!  Sorry I will miss you but I love 'sharing' your hols on the 'Wish you were here' thread you run.  Will be slightly more hectic for you in July I imagine haha!

Eggs, his darts are in tip top shape, think he'll give you a good game this year, he's really looking forward to it, it's four years since he was last over.  We might have to endure an Eggy moan or two about your form if your elbow is suffering!

Not that I'm counting down or anything but it's only 7 weeks on Friday, yippee!
Cheryl O

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 02:22:07 PM »
I was there the week after John , Cheryl , and he was working (in the loosest sense of the word! lol) then everyday. I presume it was his wife that I saw sunbathing most days around the pool. The pool had water in , the first time I have seen that in May , and the place was looking well on the way to being ready to open :-)
I did ask the owner about booking possibly for next year but in typical Greek fashion he just pointed me in the way of Olgas Travel!  He didn't leap to his feet with excitement , throwing the cat on his lap into the pool, and want to show me rooms and sell the Gallini to me !  lol .
Perhaps its just me but surely he would have been better giving me his e mail address and taking the booking directly rather than putting an extra cog in the wheel using Olga's ?  OR maybe even have shown some interest in my custom by wanting to let me view the rooms when I explained that we needed three ..........
Its the Greek way I suppose which is why we love them so much.
What happened last year if you don't mind me asking Cheryl ?
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 02:47:15 PM »
Hi Truth,

I have booked the Galini through Olga's Travel, she has been brilliant and I would have struggled to get the accommodation we needed without her.  Maybe the gentleman owner is not used to dealing with these issues and his English may not be strong.  I just had a twinge of uncertainty so thought I would ask on here!

I booked through Booking.com last year but when we arrived at our accommodation it was awful and there was no way I could stay there with my granddaughter.  I was very very lucky in a that a certain gentleman (you know who you are!) came to our rescue and we got sorted with a fabulous place.  I paid in full but when I complained to Booking.com they just ignored me and had me down as a 'no show' so I couldn't go on to their site to rate the place!  Managed to put something on TripAdviser if you want to take a look.

So you can probably understand my little concern, we all really need this holiday to start the minute we get there.

Cheryl O

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 03:38:02 PM »
You are going to be fine at Gallini I am sure !  Its a place I have always fancied the look off for some reason, you will have to let me know how it goes there for you :-)
You mean Negg came to the rescue !  lol
I did e mailed Olga and she came back asking if I was enquiring for 2014 or 2015 and when I replied 2015 the conversation ended ........
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 03:50:25 PM »
Cheryl are you able to say what accommodation you booked last year  on booking.com?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 04:05:08 PM »
Cheryl

'PM' me with your arrival date / details etc and name your party is booked under. I am sure all will be fine but will pop in to see the guy.

Negg

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 04:13:46 PM »
Thanks Eggs, I will do.

Truth, it was not Eggy ........... my lips are sealed but you will know him well!  I will let you know how we get on but they do look nice when you walk by and everyone who stayed there when they were with a tour operator rated it highly.

Sonia I will PM you if you can't find on TripAdviser, don't want to put anything on here and cause trouble for anyone haha
Cheryl O

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 05:29:09 PM »
Great. Thanks Cheryl as I am intrigued.

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 06:41:21 PM »
Me too Cheryl! Will you pm me too.We always stay at The Marvel,but often look for last minute places in case our daughter decide to join us! x 
gaygo

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 09:12:41 PM »
Could you pm me as well please, we are booked for this year but as we always go independent we like to have a change, would be good to know where to avoid!   3 weeks on Sunday for us 🙌🙌🙌 😁 xx

Booking.com