Author Topic: Galini 2015  (Read 60636 times)

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Galini 2015
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 10:31:51 PM »

Omg Cheryl, just saw the photos on Trip Advisor how could anyone market that dump.
I am presuming the inside was as bad as the outside.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 10:53:25 PM »
Im really curious as to what rooms these are? Can you pm me too please? x

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 11:32:06 PM »
Val without saying too much are you able to give a clue as to what to look up on trip advisor?

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 12:00:43 AM »
Found your review Cheryl. How terrible and insult to injury as you did not get your money back. I found it by looking up apartments in Arillas on booking.com.  I then looked at each one on list. It was the 3rd on the list. I hope you dont mind me giving this clue Cheryl.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 10:57:21 AM »
Am glad you all found it, it was awful and not at all as advertised.  I'm not for one minute suggesting that all their studios are that bad and the ones on the main road look really lovely from the outside but the apartment was a death trap in my opinion, just getting into it made my hair stand on end!  I can add that I will never use Booking.com again, they were no help at all and like I said before, put me down as a 'no show' so I couldn't write a review on their site.  All of my emails to them went unanswered.  But every cloud and all that, the help I was given totally saved the holiday, the accommodation we were given was totally perfect.  I will never be able to repay the kindness shown to me and my little family and that is what Arillas is all about!

Sharon I am so excited for you, it will be brilliant and after all you've been through in recent years, will hopefully be the tonic your soul needs.
Cheryl O

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 12:07:53 PM »
took me a while, but i found it. what a surprise, like you say on booking.com they look lovely. thanks for the info, have been looking on their site for somewhere in september, cause our usual independant is booked up. i think we are going to have a look around when we are there in the next few weeks.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2015, 04:04:18 PM »
Cheryl, if I was you I would not let it lie. I would take them to the small claims court if necessary but then I would say that being a lawyer! Remember 3 years to do so from the date when you arrived on holiday - some legal advice there for you for free! Lol.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 04:14:52 PM »
Thanks Sonia, just gave up with Booking.com as they just ignored all my emails, will have a root to see if I kept the receipt from the apartment owners then I might get back to you for some more advice - nice one!
Cheryl O

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2015, 06:35:24 PM »

Some very good advice for you there Cheryl, "if nothing ventured then nothing gained". You also had the presence of mind to take a few photos so you do have evidence. Don't let someone else take your hard earned money.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline sandraandjim

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2015, 09:34:34 PM »
Hi Cheryl,  could you pm me also, had another try following SoniaP's clues but still can't find it,

Thanks

Sandra and Jim

Offline adrienne n dave

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2015, 10:33:06 PM »
Hi Cheryl

I so need to read the review, but alas I am no sleuth, and have failed to find it!

any chance of a clue?

Dave
instagram:  meadowfielddave

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2015, 10:45:20 PM »
Thanks Cheryl,  it will be for sure, 3 years has been too long away, we are so excited.  Can't wait to see those friendly faces and finally meet 2 very special people!

Found your review, that looked awful :(   what a relief you found somewhere else

Sharon xx

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2015, 03:40:17 AM »
I saw your review Cheryl not long after you left it. Needless to say, I crossed that one off my list right away! I would not have been happy at all - Definitely persist with them in regards to getting your money back. Booking.com is one of the sites we use to sell our rooms (I work in a hotel) A lot of companies have a habit of ignoring complaints in hope that people will get bored and give up - don't, stick with it.

I wonder how often the photos are updated for accommodation, especially ones advertised on here? I personally think they should be updated every season.

http://www.arillas.com/info/studios/makis-and-bill

Offline NickBoardman

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2015, 10:34:38 AM »
I read the review, sometimes I think places should be named and shamed, that way they are pressured to sorting out issues rather than ignoring complaints. It would be ashamed if the same thing happened to another family.

I'd stick to the complaint with booking .com too.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2015, 12:30:35 PM »
I popped into Galini yesterday. A smashing pool and just one guest taking advantage of it. (He did say that others were staying there)

Very quiet. So quiet the owner had left him in charge and gone to the beach for a swim.

It looks good and If I still had holidays, Galini would be on my shortlist.

Negg

Booking.com