Author Topic: overload of sun beds and new rules on beach  (Read 24051 times)

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Re: overload of sun beds and new rules on beach
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2016, 11:34:45 PM »
Very relieved to hear that Sonia!

My sister and her husband fly out on Monday and are soooo excited! It's their 2nd visit and are staying in one of Roula's rooms at Kaloudis.

Suzy X

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2016, 12:25:00 AM »
Sonia i am glad to hear that. This will be out 5th visit in a row but reading some of the posts lately have not been that positive from the rubbish on the streets to the beach and sunbed situation but as you are there and saying its all good then thats a positive. We are still looking so forward to it in 6 weeks though.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday x

Offline AJC51

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2016, 09:44:43 AM »
On the north beach there are now 23 permannent umbrellas with two sunbeds to each umbrella gradually moving further up the beach. Fine when beach is wide not so good on a narrow beach with others having to lay on the pebbles or tiny bits of sand moving postion or getting wet with the changing tides.

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2016, 10:41:21 AM »
Ah!  We don't go on the north beach so not aware of that. There is more competition so if you do like a sunbed then they are cheaper this year and like I said there was also room in front of Kostas for people to put towels down as well and they didn't seem to object. I guess local business owners have to make as much money as they can.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2016, 10:16:04 PM »
Spot on......
People have to earn a living........
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Chris G

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 04:48:23 PM »
The good thing about Arillas is that every evening the day trippers disappear leaving the village to us regulars and newcomers that actually stay there, the south end of the beach is never as busy being farther away from the bars etc. so if you can put up with a little walk for drink and food that's the place to be.

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 06:02:12 PM »
Am looking forward to September for our 10th stay in Arillas (once at the Horizon and 9 times at the Kaloudis Village), and since our first visit there in 2003 have noticed various changes, mostly for the better.  I suppose the supply of sunbeds is very much down to the law of supply and demand - market forces, so if there is a profit in it, there they will be.  The regulations Dimitris has outlined seem well designed and if complied with should avoid sunbeds becoming an annoyance.
As mentioned by others, there is still plenty of beach without sunbeds if one is prepared to trek a little way, and again there is nothing to stop anyone plonking their towel down where they will.
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline billyd

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2016, 12:27:09 PM »
Yes if it's peace and quiet its South Beach, as mentioned its just a short walk to the Taverna's. Grazella and Mirage do carry out Frappe's so no need to miss out on a cold drink and watch the sea.

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2016, 06:48:52 PM »
Last year we went to an all inclusive resort in Turkey, there was a Russian chap who'd listen to to some awful tinny dance music on his phone without earphones, it was really annoying but as I'm terribly British I'm merely seethed in silence. So to prevent such an incident occurring again I've purchased a rather good battery operated Bluetooth speaker. It has incredible bass an I have great music taste so I will be able to drown out anyone's phone. I can't wait to try it out on the beach.

Booking.com