Author Topic: prices of food, drink  (Read 12147 times)

Offline Ursula

prices of food, drink
« on: June 29, 2015, 03:23:21 PM »
Hello folks, this is our first post on the Arillas forum. But we are not newbies to Arillas we have been many times and LOVE IT. Due to finances and ill health we have not been since 2011. But we will be there the first 2 weeks in September. with such a time lapse we are wondering what the prices are like in the tavernas / shops. Can anyone give us a rough idea of meal costs, drinks etc?? Thanks very much Ursula x

Offline Barry

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: prices of food, drink
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 06:18:10 PM »
Hi. We're in Arillas at the moment. Went to Vivalis last night. 2 starters,  2 mains, sea bream and sea bass, 2 deserts. Half a litre wine and water and bread. It came to 30 Euros and was excellent.

Barry and Chris

Offline Chris G

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 08:59:53 PM »
Hi
We have just arrived home from Arillas (5th time) and the most we paid for wine and a 2 course meal for 2 was 44 euros, cheapest was at Mon a Mor restaurant on the outer edge of the village (above the village on the road to Dafini) total cost for 3 Ltrs of wine, 4 starters, 4 mains (including a lamb meal) and followed by fruit an unbelievable 55 euros between 4 of us, they even picked us from the Bardis Sun studios and then ran us back after our meal.

Offline Ursula

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 11:06:26 PM »
Thanks both very much, really good to know things have not gone through the roof. We have eaten at Vavilas many times, always excellent. We've seen the posters for Mon Amour, but never been - sounds like we need to remedy this! and a win win if they pick up and drop off. Ursula x

Offline rob49uk

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 06:49:30 PM »
Nothing better than the Pork Chop at Mon a Mor. Give it a try and I am sure you will agree. Enjoy..................

Offline rob49uk

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 06:51:53 PM »
Sorry I meant Mon Amour.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 09:23:04 PM »
Well done and welcome Ursula. I have posted thousands on here because I adore Arillas, and Dimitris at Brouklis has allowed me to. I keep trying to thank him, but in the end, we are batting for the same side, the promotion of Arillas as a holiday destination. The forum is a place to share Arillas experiences, such as the flavour of Roula's bifteki, the sea bream at Vavilas or the aggravation of being a naturist at the North beach. All of those and more.

As for prices, I can honestly say that inflation in Arillas is non-existent. Even my Black Russians in Coconut is still 5 euros. MYTHOS is 3, Amstells is 2.5, Vergena is less than that in Beach Point. Your money works the same, but you get a lot more for it.

But now we know that the tips are 40% up at Brouklis...... ask for more CHIPS!!!!!

Arillas Phil

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 09:51:30 PM »
I fancy a nice big fat pork chop sometime over the month (did I mention this before? :-) ) that I'll be there! Not having been before how do I arrange for a lift from them, is there are number to ring?

Thanks

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 10:26:00 PM »
Hi Karen, found this number for Mon Amour  0030 26630 51106, try it, hope it helps.

See you soon.

If it's meat you want, then the Rainbow Greek Night it's a must 

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 10:51:35 PM »
We'll be at Jimmy's Greek Night. If that is a problem.... sorry. We'll also do the Bingo, the Mexican and all of them. Arillas does July......................

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 01:16:27 AM »
Karen aka Cypress

If it's a big fat pork chop that you want plus it being cooked as it would deserve to be cooked , then Night Owl , Afionas , is a must.

In all my years here I have never seen such a "choppy" -

Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 01:19:43 AM »
and...... Karen , Mon Amour is also a good place to be ..... but their pork chops are a tad smaller. Just as nice though.

(Afionas must have bigger pigs!! - But it's all done in the best possible taste!)

Negg

Offline Ursula

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 03:25:23 PM »
Mouth drooling at the thought of all this yummy food, 8 weeks and 5 days to go we really can't wait .... Arillas we love you !!!

Offline raff

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 05:41:02 PM »
On the subject of prices, is the Captains open this year? Roll on 19th July!!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 06:06:35 PM »
No mate , its not . Don't think it was last year either which is a shame
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com