Author Topic: Our Quad adventure 2015  (Read 2178 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Our Quad adventure 2015
« on: July 28, 2015, 06:21:13 PM »
When we were in Arillas earlier this month we hired quad bikes for two days and went off to explore. It was great to visit places we had not visited before. We finally went all the way up to Afionas having never gone any further than the Panorama restaurant before. The views at the top were amazing. We all had omelettes for breakfast at the Three Brothers. We also went to Peroulades and Sunset Beach. Missed the turn from Avilotes and ended up in Sidari. We eventually found Peroulades and sunset beach. There is a restaurant there with a little balcony with a glass floor that juts out over the cliffs. The views from the restaurant were amazing but sadly  I would not recommend the food.

We also went to Pagi where there is a scene in a Bond film, For your Eyes Only that was filmed there.  Unfortunately just before reaching Pagi one of our quads broke down. We therefore left it there and the rest of us went on the other quads onto Pagi. There is a ceramic shop there and the owner made us really welcome and gave us water and homemade biscuits while we waited for the replacement quad. Fortunately it only took about 45 minutes for the replacement quad to arrive. There is 007 James Bond Bar/Café there.  It does serve some Greek food but mainly does snacks such as toasties etc. Having done some research on Tripadvisor before leaving the UK we opted for Lunch at Romeos Restaurant across the road from the 007 Bar and Café and I am so glad we did. This is the main reason for writing this review of our quad adventure. I cannot recommend Romeos to you enough. We decided to order a few dishes and share them. We had tzatziki, garlic pitta bread, village sausage, home made chips, stifado and Greek salad. We also had half a litre of Retsina, 3 beers and a strawberry milkshake made with real strawberries. The retsina was the best I have ever had. It is homemade and I asked to buy some to take away but unfortunately they only make enough to last them for the season. The milkshake also had large pieces of fresh strawberries in it. The price - only 56 euros in total. Please do try and visit this restaurant if you can. The couple who run it are so friendly and if you let them  know you are going and telephone the day before they will make whatever would like. This is one of those authentic Greek Tavernas that I worry will become extinct if not used. Please, please therefore do try and go there if you are out and about.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
Re: Our Quad adventure 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 07:17:06 PM »
Thanks for that Sonia, will definitely try Pagi next year, we usually hire a scooter so we'll head for there and Romeos restaurant.  How far from Arillas is it?

Are the quads easy to ride?

Sharon x

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 07:27:58 PM »
Hi Sharon - it took us about 30 minutes to Pagi. There is also a vista just outside Pagi which is also stunning. Stopped there and bought a gorgeous oil painting that had been done on a piece of olive wood.  Well the quads were easy for me as I did not drive one but rather was a passenger on one and my husband, Jonathan, drove  but I think they are easy. You do feel a lot safer on them than I thought you would. Good fun and it is just great to get out and about.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 10:30:09 PM »
Thanks for that Sonia!
you are so right about these fantastic authentic Greek tavernas becoming extinct if we didn't use them and that really would be a crime!
I'm always very wary about using quad bikes due to hearing such awful stories about them. My hubby is always trying to persuade me to hire one. it must be 35 years since I was last on one and that was almost a disaster! Often wondered if a better bet would be to hire a motorbike/moped instead!
Sounds like you had the perfect day Sonia...Greece at it's best!

Suzy X

Booking.com