Author Topic: Mathraki Studios-safety deposit boxes  (Read 16620 times)

Offline purplenan

Mathraki Studios-safety deposit boxes
« on: August 10, 2015, 02:08:02 AM »
Hi all

We are going to Mathraki Studios for the first time in 5 weeks. I've read that the safety deposit boxes are in the reception area.  Are these in a special room or can everyone see when you go to the box?  We've always had one in our room. Really looking forward to our hol there.

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Mathraki Studios-safety deposit boxes
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 11:06:11 AM »

They are in the bar area, you open the safe and then pull out the drawer, you will find that you can do all you want without removing it. It is quite private. You can remove the drawer completely if you want. There is hardly ever anyone inside the bar area as people tend to get served at the front.
It's a very small bar and the wonderful family that own the Mathraki are always there.

We have stayed twice a year for a good number of years, it's quiet and adults only with only sixteen rooms so it's very peaceful there. The pool is lovely and I don't think you see more than four or five people in it at a time.

Enjoy your holiday, I promise you will return 😎

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Donpipez

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 11:07:21 AM »
Hi

The Safety boxes at the Mathraki are situated in the Bar area which doubles as the reception.

Although they are in view they are relatively private as they are inside and everyone tends to sit outside.

Once the bar shuts there are shutters so all safe & secure.

I'm sure it will all be fine & you will really enjoy the Mathraki - It is such a nice accommodation as are the owners.

You must try the breakfasts - We would take ours back up to the room and sit on the balcony enjoying the wonderful, peaceful scenery.

Enjoy...........

Neil & Jill

Offline Donpipez

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 11:09:43 AM »
Ha

Whilst I was typing I see Val & Bill had also replied - It was reading their reviews of the Mathraki which helped us choose these wonderful apartments and have returned twice since.

I agree that you will probably find you have to return too...........

Neil & Jill

Offline dylan

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 10:44:05 PM »
you will be fine, as everyone says, they are just on the left as you go in, we have used them every year, going again in 4 weeks, Arillas rarely has any crime, but always best to be safe! the whole family will look after you, try there food, its very good, and not expensive, the pool is not normally very busy, we prefer to get wet on the inside! its a lovely peaceful place to stay.
Turn left as you go out by the pool, and its a nice little walk down to the sea front, about 15 mins, if you like cakes, there is a great little café just a little farther up the hill, watch the fella in the supermarket across the road, his adding up is sometimes suspect! though his home-made feta cheese is to die for, and his wine is very good. have a great time, we are sure you will.

Offline Jacks

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 10:44:22 PM »
We stayed at the mathraki this year and I was dubious about the safe deposit boxes being in the bar area, but as the others have said it is very quiet in the bar. If you want a chilled and relaxing holiday you'll love it at the mathraki. It's the first holiday we've had in July where we haven't had to put towels on the sun beds first thing in the morning!!!! We will definitely be back 😎😎

Offline purplenan

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 01:23:53 AM »
Thanks everyone for your replies and advice. It's been very helpful. Do I love cakes? ha ha will definitely seek that little café out. Dylan, we arrive on sept 11th, we will be there when you are no doubt.  Hope to say hi. Hubby asks what time the bar shuts? He's thinking about putting things back in deposit box when we return from night out.

Jane & Tony

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 01:52:36 AM »
Safety deposit boxes are best in public view. Our experiences in Spain proved that to us. In your room there is access whenever you are not there, and the hotel owners/managers are in league with the staff. We have been robbed many times staying in Spain, and often from boxes or luggage in the room. They would have a much harder job when the whole public was watching them.

But the "filoxenia," the Greek welcome and honesty still prevails, and they are more likely to give you money than take it from you. The Greek people have values that we should all copy. We took LOADS of euros with us this July, but never bothered with deposit boxes. Once in our room at Bardis Sun Studios it was probably safer than it would have been in the bank.

Phil

Offline dylan

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 09:49:32 PM »
The bar shuts when we have finished drinking! it varies a lot though, if its quiet, they do tend to shut around 11, but there is normally someone around, we tend to take out of the safety deposit box just what we need for the night, plus a little extra, would love to meet up whilst we are there, we will be staying for eleven days from 7th to 18th, you cant miss me, everyone says I look like Victor Mildrew! I don't believe it! Just ask for Keith and Joy, normally stay in room 8, have the same room every year.

Offline dylan

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 10:07:39 PM »
Managed to put our picture on, after years of trying! help you find us, or avoid us as well if you need to!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 11:14:13 AM »

If the lights are on in the bar and the door is closed somebody is inside. No lights means it been very quiet all night.

We had quite a few late nights (1-2am) before we left last Friday it all depends on the guests.
We usually open our safety deposit box before we go out and take enough out to last the next day as well. Arillas is a very safe place.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline purplenan

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 01:36:38 PM »
Lots of helpful advice, thanks everyone.  Keith and Joy, will definitely look out for you. Any advice on the good rooms? We were thinking of emailing to request a good room. We like to overlook the pool if poss. The pic on the Thomson website shows 3 floors? but the description says 2.  We like to be on the floor above pool level so numbers to ask for would be appreciated.

Jane

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 03:37:39 PM »
purplenan

None on the rooms overlook the pool. The balconies are on the other side with fantastic views.
the top 2 floors are for the guests and in my opinion the top floor is the best but still great views from either floor.

Offline dylan

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 08:57:51 PM »
Like ness44 says, all the rooms have balconies looking out over Arillas, and have great views, we prefer that to a pool view, its very relaxing to sit out and watch daily life around Arillas, listening to the confused cockerel, that crows all day and night!, the crickets, watching the bats swoop into the eaves at dawn and dusk, bliss!

Booking.com